Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

A favourite French tv program?

A favourite French tv program?

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A favourite French tv program?

I like USHUAIA, but my wife cant stand it, other than that I don't care for much on French TV, then again UK TV ain't that much better either!!
We had a satalite dish & decoder to get the freeview UK channels etc but it didn't do much for me. Watch the UK news and you're depressed for days!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:43 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I thought 'l'amour est dans le pré' was good fun!

We watched 'Mystère' too. In fact we bought the DVD of Serie 1.

The news with the French subtitles for the deaf is a great aid to understanding how things are pronounced.

I like 'Wheel of Fortune' too. That dog's so funny!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Bitchfinder General is an unknown quantity at this point

Les Guignols de l'info.

Link to web broadcasts here: http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source...T4biWH-s9CwTcA

It's sorta a daily French Spitting Image presented as a news show.

Oh and hi, first post.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bitchfinder General
Les Guignols de l'info.

Link to web broadcasts here: http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source...T4biWH-s9CwTcA

It's sorta a daily French Spitting Image presented as a news show.

Oh and hi, first post.
yeah Les Guignols is quite amusing. But in general I find the French TV to be pretty dire, and the radio is even worse - most stations seem to be stuck in a 80's/90s era. Otherwise its house or techno crap or highly intellectuel people just talking about stuff that nobody cares about which is enough to make you go and hang yourself

I gererally listen to the the local radio which is "OK" but I easily tire and I find that the variety of music is nothing like in the UK - LONG LIVE CAPITAL FM!!! I listen to it via the internet, but I can't do that while at work
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

got to be Carte aux tressor. Brilliant places to see and encourages you get get out and go and visit.
The other one is with Stephan something or other, Saga's showing you the lives of the rich and famous. Like Hello in real time. Just lets you know how life could be if you won the euro draw.

Other good ones are old Alan Delon films, the opposite to Sagas and lets you know how life is.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:11 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themoose
got to be Carte aux tressor. Brilliant places to see and encourages you get get out and go and visit.
The other one is with Stephan something or other, Saga's showing you the lives of the rich and famous. Like Hello in real time. Just lets you know how life could be if you won the euro draw.

Other good ones are old Alan Delon films, the opposite to Sagas and lets you know how life is.
Sorry you all got it wrong,the best two are

NO1 Weather

NO2 News
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stanage2
Sorry you all got it wrong,the best two are

NO1 Weather

NO2 News
News...............

weather (this year)......O/H loves it, but she does hang out the washing
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:17 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themoose
News...............

weather (this year)......O/H loves it, but she does hang out the washing
Away man
Wrong order, please read again.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stanage2
Away man
Wrong order, please read again.
sorry

My brain works upside down or is it inside out. Which ever i cant seem to scratch it
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by le plumber
I like USHUAIA, but my wife cant stand it, other than that I don't care for much on French TV, then again UK TV ain't that much better either!!
We had a satalite dish & decoder to get the freeview UK channels etc but it didn't do much for me. Watch the UK news and you're depressed for days!!
Le Plumber, like you I thought Ushuaia was a great travel program.
As good if not better is 'FAUT PAS REVER' on FR3 Fri at 20:55 which I will be watching for sure.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:21 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Do you have a favourite French tv program?
I’ve always enjoyed Louis la Brocante, which IMHO is typically French.
Louis is an antique dealer frequently caught up in some intrigue or another, whilst his charming but neurotic ex-wife is almost certain to turn up and harass him in most episodes.
One oddity is the weird Citroen Type H van that he drives, which most people woudn't be seen dead in. Back in the 70's I make several trips from Toulouse to Paris in one for the Le-Bourget Air Show, and still suffering from the thought and the ride.
I'd recommend the program for anyone with a reasonable knowledge of French who enjoys a good story, and good acting. Now shown every Thurs evening 20:55 on FR3.
Yes the test card at the end of play.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Cheshire Set is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by le plumber
yeah Les Guignols is quite amusing. But in general I find the French TV to be pretty dire, and the radio is even worse - most stations seem to be stuck in a 80's/90s era. Otherwise its house or techno crap or highly intellectuel people just talking about stuff that nobody cares about which is enough to make you go and hang yourself

I gererally listen to the the local radio which is "OK" but I easily tire and I find that the variety of music is nothing like in the UK - LONG LIVE CAPITAL FM!!! I listen to it via the internet, but I can't do that while at work
I actually put up a satellite dish with the main reason being French radio. There are so many styles of music on there that just aren't catered for on the British airwaves, from Radio Nova's eclectic, chilled-out mix of electronic, world and soul music to FIP, a station which defies categorisation. Yes, there's a lot of 1980s throwback pish, but there are a lot more gems among the chaff than you'd find on a British dial.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:55 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

L'Amour est dans le Pré - hilarious!
Roue de Fortune - soft dog!
Un diner presque parfait - funny and interesting.

Now the season's over, we can watch a bit of French telly again. It beats Neighbours.....
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:48 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
L'Amour est dans le Pré - hilarious!
Roue de Fortune - soft dog!
Un diner presque parfait - funny and interesting.

Now the season's over, we can watch a bit of French telly again. It beats Neighbours.....
Most progs beat Neighbours Even S4C's offerings (sorry jazzy)
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:22 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ewood
Most progs beat Neighbours Even S4C's offerings (sorry jazzy)

What? Even pobol y cwm?

I'll let you off, I couldn't stand anything from that channel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.