6pm Curfew

Old Jan 4th 2021, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6pm Curfew

Does anyone have a list of the areas that are subject to the 6pm curfew? Don't want to get caught out! Thanks!!
Old Jan 5th 2021, 6:53 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6pm Curfew

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
Does anyone have a list of the areas that are subject to the 6pm curfew? Don't want to get caught out! Thanks!!
Google is your friend!
https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/vi...a-18-h-7105450
Old Jan 7th 2021, 7:11 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow, Friday, the PM will announce the 10 extra départements where curfew will start at 18h00 instead of 20h00.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 6:21 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Update: most of the the 10 extra départements are still in the conditional. Only le Bas-Rhin (Strasbourg) and les Bouches-du-Rhone (Marseille) have been officially decreed. There'll soon be an official map available....
Where were you intending to travel? Without a valid reason listed in the Attestation, you mustn't be out of doors after 18h00 in any of the "red" départements.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 12:01 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
Update: most of the the 10 extra départements are still in the conditional. Only le Bas-Rhin (Strasbourg) and les Bouches-du-Rhone (Marseille) have been officially decreed. There'll soon be an official map available....
Where were you intending to travel? Without a valid reason listed in the Attestation, you mustn't be out of doors after 18h00 in any of the "red" départements.
Apparently the Bouches-du-Rhône Mayors and inhabitants are resisting the Decree, but another two départements, Cher (Bourges) and Haut-Rhin (Colmar/Mulhouse), have been confirmed. As the news is coming in in dribs and drabs, I won't bother to post again until there's an official map showing the whole.
It might help if the OP tells us where he's likely to be travelling, as he must know what curfew is applicable in his own département (if he actually lives in France).
Old Jan 9th 2021, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

No map, but perhaps the best source for information is here? It does list the departments. https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/couvre-feu
Old Jan 9th 2021, 2:05 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by G-J-B
No map, but perhaps the best source for information is here? It does list the departments. https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/couvre-feu
The link only mentions the original 15 départements, not the new ones. I've since read that l'Allier and la Côte d'Or are included....
It won't be long before the others are announced, as the 18h00 curfew for the new ones is starting as from tomorrow...
(Strangely for an official Gov. link, its "updated" info isn't up to date concerning cinemas, etc... and restaurants, etc.... )
Old Jan 9th 2021, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

DMU, that's no good, the government website on Covid ought to be up-to-date at all times, otherwise how do they expect everyone to stay informed? I don't have TV, maybe that is a better source of information?
Old Jan 10th 2021, 6:35 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DMU, that's no good, the government website on Covid ought to be up-to-date at all times, otherwise how do they expect everyone to stay informed? I don't have TV, maybe that is a better source of information?
I agree, it's not good!
Nothing "official", but the media (radio and internet) this morning all say that the following "new" départements will (not the conditional) start curfew at 18h00 this evening:
Cher, Allier, Côte d'Or, Haut-Rhin, Bas-Rhin, Vaucluse, Alpes de Haute Provence, Bouches-du-Rhône
and the Var and Drôme will apply it as from Tuesday 12th. A big chunk of eastern France.....
The OP hasn't been back since making the enquiry, but I hope this is helpful to others!
Old Jan 10th 2021, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm far from any of those places, but thanks for keeping me in the loop! Obviously I can't rely on the government.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 12:03 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm far from any of those places, but thanks for keeping me in the loop! Obviously I can't rely on the government.
If the 18h00 curfew spreads further north or west, I'll post again.
At present, although being snow-bound is better than being in an ICU, I'm worried about Filomena which is moving north from Spain, but it might just miss me.... Those in the 09, the Pyrénées, the 66 and the 11 should watch out, though....
Old Jan 11th 2021, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Hope Filomena bypasses you DMU.
Also talk on TV (which I heard via the internet) that the French government may be closing their borders to the UK and Ireland, possibly other countries too.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 8:36 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hope Filomena bypasses you DMU.
Also talk on TV (which I heard via the internet) that the French government may be closing their borders to the UK and Ireland, possibly other countries too.
Thank you, apparently it has, but it's perishing cold here!
After the cluster discovered in Marseille (caused by a French expat living in London, returning to family for les Fêtes), I wouldn't be at all surprized....
Old Jan 11th 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

-5C at nights where I am, with 2 or 3C in the day. Have to get up early and scrape the car windscreens well! Good news is it will be warming up from Wednesday onward, hopefully where you are too.
The article did also say that whilst the variant is more transmissible, it is no more dangerous. I believe the experts always said from early on, that the virus would mutate into a more infectious version, but would likely not be as dangerous, so it shouldn't really come as any surprise to the governments of the world.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 5:55 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

On the news this morning the question was being posed will the whole of France will be in 6 o/c curfew soon. This piecemeal action is letting the virus run amok. Vaccinations have to be the answer and France is woeful at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.