6pm Curfew

Old Jan 31st 2021, 7:33 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6pm Curfew

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
Is the curfew still on? I ask because there is a full out Rave in the street in front of our building, about 50 young people also inside a small, very small apartment super loud pounding music stuffed with people all singing together and as drunks do, hangin all over each other.

It started at 10 yesterday evening and its after 1:00 now with no sign of slowing down.

So, did Macron remove the curfew?

I'm living in a largish town in Brittainy.
The curfew continues until further notice....
Have you considered taking photos/videos and denouncing them all to the Commissariat (or Gendarmerie if your town isn't large enough for one)? The grounds being "tapage nocturne".
https://www.service-public.fr/partic...vosdroits/F612
According to this link, you can also complain to the Mairie about the "nuisance sonore" chez your neighbour. There's surely a bye-law which covers it.
You can't be the only ones bothered by the noise - can you combine forces with your neighbours and launch an "action collective" (class action) against the ravers and this presumably guilty neighbour?
It would be interesting to know what the Covid figures are in your town, as you've mentioned these nuisances in the past year..... Do take action!
Bon courage!
Old Jan 31st 2021, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
Is the curfew still on? I ask because there is a full out Rave in the street in front of our building, about 50 young people also inside a small, very small apartment super loud pounding music stuffed with people all singing together and as drunks do, hangin all over each other.

It started at 10 yesterday evening and its after 1:00 now with no sign of slowing down.

So, did Macron remove the curfew?

I'm living in a largish town in Brittainy.
Officially the curfew is still in force, no change as far as I've heard, and obviously it would be crazy to do so, which would surely hasten the announcement of a further lockdown - which I wager we'll unfortunately be seeing again within a month ot two.
Many folks being disturbed as you were late in the evening would have called the police, which would certainly have been justified.
On several French programes during the week there have been people in the studio practically sitting next to one another; on another quizz show none of the contestants were wearing masks, and on last night's song contest to find the contestant to represent France in this years Eurovision, one of the panel went over to congratulate a young girl and kissed her on the forehead, neither of course were wearing masks. What a shocking example for the public.
Completely off-topic, but imho the 'winning' song was rubbish, so it's easy to forecast this years result. A resounding "France nul point!" In more ways than one.........

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Jan 31st 2021 at 7:50 am.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

That's clearly not good tumbleweedly, even if there wasn't a pandemic. I'd be very surprised if at least a handful of your neighbours haven't already reported them, although with the latest news saying the police/gendarmes will be enforcing the curfew more harshly from now on, I'm surprised the party was left to go on into the early hours of the morning.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

We have really tried all avenues, the police, the building committee, the landlords. This same thing happened in our building last year during lockdown. Nothing was done and the young people carried on using their flat as a Club.

IT is surprising no french person makes a complaint, I would think that would work.

I know it takes a lot of paper work and a meeting of the complainers at the police station en mass to sign in person, or so our neighbor told us. That was hard to organize and few people want to meet en mass at the police these days.

The police told us when we did phone that unless somone is being harmed physically not to bother them. That is true here anyway. I live in Brest, Finistere.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the attitude of the police when my wife went to report something in Paris - it was too much bother for them. I guess it depends where you are and who you speak to.

When there was the huge rave party near Nantes, there was a huge police presence.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 4:58 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

An update, not on the curfew which is continuing nationwide, but on the weekend confinements and increased départements under surveillance.
The Pas-de-Calais has been added to the weekend confinement zones.
Three fresh départements have been added to the 20 already under surveillance - the Hautes Alpes, Aisne and Aube. In these 23 départements, commercial centres larger than 10 000 m² will be closed and masks are compulsory in urban zones. (I thought this was already compulsory in most places, but that's as may be....)
I don't think there are many BE members living in the 04, 02 and 10, but there must be a good few in the 62 who will be affected at weekends, starting tomorrow after curfew.
I won't go into details about the vaccination programme, as those eligible will already know.
The PM is counting on "common sense", particularly recommending to avoid moving around and between the départements under surveillance.
Correction, Dunkerque and the coastal towns along the 06 are no longer confined at weekends.

Last edited by dmu; Mar 4th 2021 at 5:06 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:21 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
An update, not on the curfew which is continuing nationwide, but on the weekend confinements and increased départements under surveillance.
The Pas-de-Calais has been added to the weekend confinement zones.
Three fresh départements have been added to the 20 already under surveillance - the Hautes Alpes, Aisne and Aube. In these 23 départements, commercial centres larger than 10 000 m² will be closed and masks are compulsory in urban zones. (I thought this was already compulsory in most places, but that's as may be....)
I don't think there are many BE members living in the 04, 02 and 10, but there must be a good few in the 62 who will be affected at weekends, starting tomorrow after curfew.
I won't go into details about the vaccination programme, as those eligible will already know.
The PM is counting on "common sense", particularly recommending to avoid moving around and between the départements under surveillance.
Correction, Dunkerque and the coastal towns along the 06 are no longer confined at weekends.
Sorry, another correction. I was apparently right the first time, Dunkerque, Nice and other Côte d'Azur towns still being confined at weekends.
But I stand to be corrected....
Old Mar 5th 2021, 12:49 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Sorry, another correction. I was apparently right the first time, Dunkerque, Nice and other Côte d'Azur towns still being confined at weekends.
But I stand to be corrected....
Thanks for all your info !
It's not easy keeping track of it all.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, thank you from me too, I get so confused trying to keep tabs on the rules in 3 different countries so your clear updates are very helpful indeed.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're welcome
Old Mar 12th 2021, 6:52 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not a question of curfew, but here's a surprizing Government announcement made yesterday. I added the link to the "Transiting through France" thread, but those actually living in France might not read it:

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/le...-du-territoire

I never comment on political issues, but I can't help thinking that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing here, with Min. Véran announcing preoccupying Covid figures and ICU patients being transferred to less affected areas and, on the same day, Min. Le Drian relaxing rules for leaving and entering France to/from the UK (and other non-EU countries).
(@ Mod - Maybe I should have started a New Thread, to avoid interfering with the Curfew issue?)
Old Mar 12th 2021, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

DMU, you beat me to it! I was just about to reference the same link and comment that I'm gobsmacked, given that hospitals in the PACA region and elsewhere are flying out Covid patients to other centres. They're completely overloaded with shortage of beds in re-animation etc. And with high numbers of new COVID cases every day!
Old Mar 12th 2021, 8:53 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
DMU, you beat me to it! I was just about to reference the same link and comment that I'm gobsmacked, given that hospitals in the PACA region and elsewhere are flying out Covid patients to other centres. They're completely overloaded with shortage of beds in re-animation etc. And with high numbers of new COVID cases every day!
Great minds think alike....
I've added a Caveat to the "Transiting" thread, since this relaxation doesn't concern everybody. In fact I wouldn't think many BE members are in the categories in question....
Old Mar 13th 2021, 5:33 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

More prevarication from the authorities. Paris is on the casp of a total lockdown. It's a shambles. 25,000 more doses available; more smoke and mirrors. It needs to be in peoples arms!!!! Plus of course you can now travel easier!!! This lot are running France! Macron is very wisely keeping his head down.
Old Mar 13th 2021, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KJMW
More prevarication from the authorities. Paris is on the casp of a total lockdown. It's a shambles. 25,000 more doses available; more smoke and mirrors. It needs to be in peoples arms!!!! Plus of course you can now travel easier!!! This lot are running France! Macron is very wisely keeping his head down.
Pity you're not keeping the numbers of your exclamation marks down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.