6pm Curfew

Old Mar 13th 2021, 7:37 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6pm Curfew

What's "the casp" in France?
Old Mar 14th 2021, 5:03 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Pity you're not keeping the numbers of your exclamation marks down.
With what is going on and you are concerned about the number of exclamation marks!!! About right for this thread I think!!!
Old Mar 14th 2021, 8:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
What's "the casp" in France?
I hadn't noticed the slip of the pen, but what's the point?
Old Mar 14th 2021, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

When typos and punctuation are the main topics perhaps this thread has run its course.
Old Mar 14th 2021, 10:36 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cardi
When typos and punctuation are the main topics perhaps this thread has run its course.
I disagree, this thread is here to keep people who don't follow the French news for some reason, up to date. It's a pity that facts might go unnoticed, but there you are...
Old Mar 14th 2021, 2:44 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I disagree, this thread is here to keep people who don't follow the French news for some reason, up to date. It's a pity that facts might go unnoticed, but there you are...
I concur
Old Mar 15th 2021, 6:31 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
What arrogance!
Old Mar 15th 2021, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW
What arrogance!
dmu provides a lot of helpful information for other members and visitors to the forum.
You provide opinions (and exclamation marks).
I do not generally respond to KJMW's posts and I suggest that other members do likewise.
The other option is just for each and every one of us should just block his posts.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 7:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cyrian
dmu provides a lot of helpful information for other members and visitors to the forum.
You provide opinions (and exclamation marks).
I do not generally respond to KJMW's posts and I suggest that other members do likewise.
The other option is just for each and every one of us should just block his posts.
I meant to add patronising too!!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2021, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how I (as a UK citizen but without an EHIC card as I'm not UK resident) can get a Covid test in France for the purposes of returning to the UK? Happy to pay if I need to, but if I can get a free one that'd be even better! Thanks all!
Old Mar 18th 2021, 8:11 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
Does anyone know how I (as a UK citizen but without an EHIC card as I'm not UK resident) can get a Covid test in France for the purposes of returning to the UK? Happy to pay if I need to, but if I can get a free one that'd be even better! Thanks all!
Not sure that a UK EHIC would cover such a test, even if you had one.
Are you a French Resident? Whatever your healthcare insurance is, a GP could give you a prescription and, even if you have a Carte Vitale and a Mutuelle, you'd be reimbursed after paying up-front for the consultation and test.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 6:56 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Breaking news: the PM has just announced that the nationwide curfew will start at 19h00 as from this coming Saturday.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Not sure that a UK EHIC would cover such a test, even if you had one.
Are you a French Resident? Whatever your healthcare insurance is, a GP could give you a prescription and, even if you have a Carte Vitale and a Mutuelle, you'd be reimbursed after paying up-front for the consultation and test.
No, I'm not French resident and I'm currently self-insuring for healthcare purposes. Apparently most pharmacists offer a Covid lateral flow test for around €50 so I'll probably go with that.