Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:37 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Originally Posted by PaulOK
Unlike most countries in Asia, Japan is very developed and it is my favourite country visited so far(much to the annoyance of my Chinese wife!)
Most people tend to say that. Ironically, I am with a Japanese girl but my favourite country in Asia which I have visited so far is South Korea.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Most people tend to say that. Ironically, I am with a Japanese girl but my favourite country in Asia which I have visited so far is South Korea.
Will have to make that the next holiday destination. Also want to go to Taiwan too.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:42 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely worth it, even if only for a few days.

I quite fancy China and Singapore but my girlfriend is understandably quite unsure about visiting China.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It's definitely worth it, even if only for a few days.

I quite fancy China and Singapore but my girlfriend is understandably quite unsure about visiting China.
China is a mixed bag. Understandably I like China and Chinese culture but you have to look at where they were, say, 30 years ago and the incredible amount of change that has happened in such a short time. There is a rip-off culture and dishonestly abounds. The lack of good manners on public transport and the digusting habit of clearing the throat and spitting can be an eye opener too. Everything seems to be 'jerry built' (looks great from a distance but up close it's trash) and you have to be careful selecting hotels. However, those things aside, there is a lot of wonderful things for tourists and I would recommend Shanghai and the neighbouring cities of Hangzhou and Suzhou. I also liked Hong Kong and Macau. You'll have a great time in any of these places.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:02 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I would really love to go to HK too, not sure when I'll be in Asia next though, possibly next year but we're still not sure what's happening yet regarding our general plans for location.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:57 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danjones1
I have decided upon Thailand - not sure which Island though, Phuket or Samui?
I always thought that Thailand was more suited to a married man in his fifties.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:48 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

What about Pattaya?

I want a girlfriend, not a hooker by the way!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:49 am
Sidecar Falcon

What about Pattaya?

In Thailand, those two are usually one and the same thing.

And Pattaya is one of the dodgiest areas of the country by all accounts.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Pattaya?

Are you completely ignorant of the Thai P4P scene? You won't find a trustworthy girl in Pattaya. A better place might be Chiang Mai but, as most Thai girls understandably have a poor mastery of the English language, you might want to consider a Filipina or Korean girl instead.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by lionheart
Are you completely ignorant of the Thai P4P scene? You won't find a trustworthy girl in Pattaya. A better place might be Chiang Mai but, as most Thai girls understandably have a poor mastery of the English language, you might want to consider a Filipina or Korean girl instead.
I think you'll find that most Korean women are more like the Japanese or HK girls in that they know there is a world outside their borders where people look, dress, act, and talk differently but mostly have no intention of ever actually seeing it for themselves.

The Phillipines is definitely a good market for that sort of thing though. The company I used to work for outsourced a great deal of it's operations to the Phillipines and a few of my former colleagues who went out there to train the new staff and manage the handover were virgins when they left, some of them even had what I would consider to be personal hygiene related problems, but they all seemed to do quite well on the female-front when they got there and a couple of them even ended up staying on permanently.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:20 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Bali?

Indonesian, but not a Muslim majority. Keep out of Kuta and its not so garish.
Pretty girls, friendly and reasonable internet connections.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

chris24 will become famous soon enough

I am looking at moving to somewhere in Asia, what I need is somewhere cheapish, with good broadband to do my job and sunshine!

I am also single and keen to get involved in the dating scene so I was wondering which countries had an abundance of single Asian women who still adore the western man!

Thanks guys!

p.s. I do not mean prostitutes either.
I see nobody has mentioned the Philippines yet, There are about 6 or 7 women for every man and they speak english
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:09 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris24
I see nobody has mentioned the Philippines yet, There are about 6 or 7 women for every man and they speak english
True.

I once picked up a verry beautiful tall Filipino girl in a bar. One of those 6 or 7 women for every man.

Problem was she was one of the reasons there are 6-7 women for every man:

she had been one.......

(shudder.....)
Old Feb 21st 2010, 10:00 am
Just Joined

chris24 will become famous soon enough

As for the Philippines, I think the same goes for most countries, pick up a girl in a bar, and guess what, you get a bar girl (if you are lucky, if not she's a man) Heard all the stories, been there and got the tee shirt. You can stick thailand where the sun doesn't shine. Still, you don't have to take my word for it. I'm quite happy to have the place relatively to myself, without loads of tourists coming to drive up the prices
Old Mar 5th 2010, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

deerhunter74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Yes, but category 3 arrive with an entire family who move into your home.

The family insist on eating local delicacies, most of which are on the endangered species or hazardous waste lists. You go hungry to survive.

Her brother takes your car, her father takes your whisky, and you pay for everything that goes wrong in the kampong: sick buffalos, girls who need school uniforms, boys who need apprenticeships.

Her mother dislikes you, and scowls all the time. Her daughter should have married a local and you bring shame to the family.

Her father treats your home like his, including selling off the contents when you aren’t looking.

The younger sister flirts with you, then when you ignore her tells your wife you made a pass at her.

Your wife has a baby, and there isn’t a trace of farang/bule in its face. In fact it looks remarkably like your wifes first boyfriend, who now works as a handyman in your house, doing the jobs that your father in law could do if he ever got sober.

In desperation you take your wife back home to England. Within months she leaves you for a rich local.

You try to sell the house you bought in Asia, only to discover its actually in your father in laws name due to local ownership restrictions.

Stick to Corrie and fish and chips.
excellen't reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.