Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:02 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice
Default Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

I am looking at moving to somewhere in Asia, what I need is somewhere cheapish, with good broadband to do my job and sunshine!

I am also single and keen to get involved in the dating scene so I was wondering which countries had an abundance of single Asian women who still adore the western man!

Thanks guys!

p.s. I do not mean prostitutes either.

Last edited by danjones1; Oct 15th 2009 at 10:29 am. Reason: update
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice
Default Re: Best asian country for a single man in his 30s?

Dan, I came out to China in my 30s and am now married to a lovely Chinese woman. However, China is becoming expensive.

On my travels to Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Taiwan I have also met locals married to western men. The weather is also very comfortable all year round.

It's your attitude towards the women that will depend on you finding a lasting relationship. Kindness and understanding is appreciated, and don't be the kind of expat who spends every free hour falling off bar stools.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:53 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

To be frank, I am not looking for long term relationships as I am still pretty young. Thanks for the the advice though.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
To be frank, I am not looking for long term relationships as I am still pretty young. Thanks for the the advice though.
Then stick with the prostitutes - your life will be a hell of a lot easier and safer.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

When I read the first post a day or so ago I found it offensive, maybe just showing my age there.
I'm sure this sort of thing gets discussed in a pub when the boys are out together but I don't want to read it on here.

Probably only me though and I always think we get the forum we want.

...'single Asian women who still adore the western man!'

That's the bit I really disliked.
Who does this guy think he is.
He's probably fat and ugly so is looking for what he thinks is an easier opportunity now that he's been shot down in flames elsewhere.

It won't get any easier for you mush, you're not up to it.

Rant over.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 1:11 pm
Banned

DumbFalang is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking at moving to somewhere in Asia, what I need is somewhere cheapish, with good broadband to do my job and sunshine!
Your requirement for good broadband pretty much rules out Thailand

Sunshine, you will get in every Asian country.

One thing you need to learn very quickly is that any single Asian woman that appears to "adore the western man" as you put it, is actually only interested in the western mans wallet.

Ex reg is right - the part about Asian women is definately "pub talk". If you do decide to travel to Asia, you need to leave your "English Mentality" where it belongs
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:50 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh he was serious? I dismissed it as a wind-up.

I must correct the Dumb Falang though - not all Asian women are after the white man's wallet, but the less mercenary ones usually have brains, can afford their own Guccis and have high standards, so you might be out of luck with those.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Oh he was serious? I dismissed it as a wind-up.

I must correct the Dumb Falang though - not all Asian women are after the white man's wallet, but the less mercenary ones usually have brains, can afford their own Guccis and have high standards, so you might be out of luck with those.
Exactly, and not too many of them want to hang around a westerner that wants to bum around in semi-retirement.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:26 pm
Banned

Any thoughts on Indonesia?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any thoughts on Indonesia?
It's mostly Islamic, fairly liberal, but women are not free and easy.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Quite possibly the country that you may be searching is Cambodia.
I don't want to give a lot of info on the net but a lot of guys go there and sort of don't leave.
It does attract a certain type of Western Weido....but if it is girls you are seeking..then look no further.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:56 am
Banned

I am no weirdo!

I am just seeking somewhere to hang out for a few years. Women isn't the main thing!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I am no weirdo!

I am just seeking somewhere to hang out for a few years. Women isn't the main thing!
Weirdo or not you may just find the country mentioned does it for you. And if not you can always slip across the border to neighbouring Laos and if you must Thailand..
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

frogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to allfrogblogger is a name known to all

Personally I love Thailand, although it's no long the cheap destination it once was. I've just spent three years mainly in the Chiang Mai area (northern Thailand), and after more than two decades as an expat - mainly in Europe - it beats everywhere else hands down.

But there's no such place as Utopia, and there are plenty of drawbacks. Yes you can still live there pretty cheaply. Yes it is easy to 'make friends', but the more naive 'farang' (white Westerner) will often be taken for a ride. This doesn't imply malicious intent on the part of the Thais concerned - for them, it is simply a matter of survival. Comparatively speaking you are 'rich' in their eyes, and therefore you can spare the cash. However there is rampant corruption and croneyism, and there is a certain element of distrust of Europeans to get over. Mainly our fault, so many tourists and even some expats give us a bad name.

But the more streetwise will find Thailand a great place to live. There are plenty of respectable ladies to be found if that is part of your motivation. If not it is simply a fascinating culture, wonderful food, a welcoming people, a place where family values and respect is still important, far more so than in the West imo.

I've had to come back to France for a few years, just arrived in fact - but at least I've brought a little bit of Thailand with me (my Thai wife, and young daughter )

(PS broadband isn't so bad now, not if you are in one of the cities anyway) ...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by frogblogger
Personally I love Thailand, although it's no long the cheap destination it once was. I've just spent three years mainly in the Chiang Mai area (northern Thailand), and after more than two decades as an expat - mainly in Europe - it beats everywhere else hands down.

But there's no such place as Utopia, and there are plenty of drawbacks. Yes you can still live there pretty cheaply. Yes it is easy to 'make friends', but the more naive 'farang' (white Westerner) will often be taken for a ride. This doesn't imply malicious intent on the part of the Thais concerned - for them, it is simply a matter of survival. Comparatively speaking you are 'rich' in their eyes, and therefore you can spare the cash. However there is rampant corruption and croneyism, and there is a certain element of distrust of Europeans to get over. Mainly our fault, so many tourists and even some expats give us a bad name.

But the more streetwise will find Thailand a great place to live. There are plenty of respectable ladies to be found if that is part of your motivation. If not it is simply a fascinating culture, wonderful food, a welcoming people, a place where family values and respect is still important, far more so than in the West imo.

I've had to come back to France for a few years, just arrived in fact - but at least I've brought a little bit of Thailand with me (my Thai wife, and young daughter )

(PS broadband isn't so bad now, not if you are in one of the cities anyway) ...
A lot of what you write is of course true..but do you really consider the values and respect unique to Thailand? Surely it's more in line with Asian values.
On a personal level always found Indonesians more welcoming than Thais.
Do hope your family settle well in France. It was my ex home prior to Australia.(28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.