Road to Electrical Licence.

Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Road to Electrical Licence.

Originally Posted by dondownunder
hi paul

when arranging the date for the exam, tell them that you will be requiring your certficate on the same day you take the exam (providing you pass, which as long as you do the course folder you will). Then give yourself enough time in Adelaide to go into the ocba and apply for your licence. If you do this make sure you remember to take your ARTC cert and plenty of ID to Adelaide with you.

regards

don
OH going the same route and that was a good bit of advise thanks
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:46 am
Just Joined

ravinv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dondownunder
It took me 4 1/2 months since putting pen to paper on my ARTC application to receiving my Electrical Qualified Supervisors Certificate for New South Wales (basically full electrical licence). This is how i did it. I believe it has got to be the most pain free way. I was in Australia during the whole process.

ARTC application acknowledged on 2th May 2007.
Received electrical fitter / mechanic cert on 22nd May. $300

www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Programmes/TRA/

Enrolled on PEER TEC wiring rules course by correspondence 6th June $598 (not including copy of rules)

http://www.peer.com.au/index1024m.htm

Flew to Adelaide to attend wiring rules exam on 4th july. return flight from sydney cost $365 and 1 night accommodation $100.

http://www.virginblue.com.au

Applied for South Australian Electrical licence (can perform any electrical work) whilst in adelaide. $338

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing

When SA licence was received (6 weeks) Applied for NSW Electrical Qualified Supervisor Certificate through mutual recognition. $237

http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/bu...msandfees.html

Received required licence on August 27th.

SA licencing is much easier to gain than the NSW licence.

Thanks to people who have helped me during this process....especially Wendy

don
Hi,
I am Ravi, and i am overseas Electrician from INDIA and i have Electrical Fitter from ARTC and i am planning to take up Electrical LIcence done but in NSW they ask for 12 months of wiring practical experience and it takes very long time to get my licence done. So let me know if u have any idea of getting the licence fast.
Regards
Ravi
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

ozzy81uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Im quite new to british expats but have a few questions.
Im planning on moving to Queensland next summer and this license thing sounds like a nightmare!
Im an Instrument & Electrical Technician by trade but have been working the last two years as a commissioning and maintenance electrician in Germany.
Got my ARTC already and been classed as an Electrical Fitter (Instruments), which from what I've read only qualifys me for a restricted license. So I wouldnt be able to do any of the elctrical work I do know, which restricts my employment opportunities!
Ive heard a few times that applying for a license in SA is the easiest and quickest way. However with this ARTC, I can probably only get the restricted license no matter where I apply??
Does anyone know if I can still get a full license and if so what do I have to do?
How can I do this quickly? and what can be prepared from Germany/UK?

If I can only get a restricted license, should I still go through SA and what is the exact process, the SA websites etc seem to provide little info on the exact procedure. HELP! Do I just need the ARTC or do I need resus course and wiring regs etc?

The Queensland route seems to be out of the question with training permits and logbooks and all sorts of bureaucracy. Can't afford to be messing around for months, want to get working, and need to get the best license I can!
I was told the only way to get a electrical mechanic license would be to do an apprenticeship in Australia, which would be obsurd!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks guys

Danny
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:18 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzy81uk
Hi Everyone,
Im quite new to british expats but have a few questions.
Im planning on moving to Queensland next summer and this license thing sounds like a nightmare!
Im an Instrument & Electrical Technician by trade but have been working the last two years as a commissioning and maintenance electrician in Germany.
Got my ARTC already and been classed as an Electrical Fitter (Instruments), which from what I've read only qualifys me for a restricted license. So I wouldnt be able to do any of the elctrical work I do know, which restricts my employment opportunities!
Ive heard a few times that applying for a license in SA is the easiest and quickest way. However with this ARTC, I can probably only get the restricted license no matter where I apply??
Does anyone know if I can still get a full license and if so what do I have to do?
How can I do this quickly? and what can be prepared from Germany/UK?

If I can only get a restricted license, should I still go through SA and what is the exact process, the SA websites etc seem to provide little info on the exact procedure. HELP! Do I just need the ARTC or do I need resus course and wiring regs etc?

The Queensland route seems to be out of the question with training permits and logbooks and all sorts of bureaucracy. Can't afford to be messing around for months, want to get working, and need to get the best license I can!
I was told the only way to get a electrical mechanic license would be to do an apprenticeship in Australia, which would be obsurd!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks guys

Danny

danny see lees post no 19 here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=560149&page=2