Road to Electrical Licence.

Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

dondownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Road to Electrical Licence.

It took me 4 1/2 months since putting pen to paper on my ARTC application to receiving my Electrical Qualified Supervisors Certificate for New South Wales (basically full electrical licence). This is how i did it. I believe it has got to be the most pain free way. I was in Australia during the whole process.

ARTC application acknowledged on 2th May 2007.
Received electrical fitter / mechanic cert on 22nd May. $300

www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Programmes/TRA/

Enrolled on PEER TEC wiring rules course by correspondence 6th June $598 (not including copy of rules)

http://www.peer.com.au/index1024m.htm

Flew to Adelaide to attend wiring rules exam on 4th july. return flight from sydney cost $365 and 1 night accommodation $100.

http://www.virginblue.com.au

Applied for South Australian Electrical licence (can perform any electrical work) whilst in adelaide. $338

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing

When SA licence was received (6 weeks) Applied for NSW Electrical Qualified Supervisor Certificate through mutual recognition. $237

http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/bu...msandfees.html

Received required licence on August 27th.

SA licencing is much easier to gain than the NSW licence.

Thanks to people who have helped me during this process....especially Wendy

don
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road to Electrical Licence.

Congratulations Don, glad I could help
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:13 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dondownunder
It took me 4 1/2 months since putting pen to paper on my ARTC application to receiving my Electrical Qualified Supervisors Certificate for New South Wales (basically full electrical licence). This is how i did it. I believe it has got to be the most pain free way. I was in Australia during the whole process.

ARTC application acknowledged on 2th May 2007.
Received electrical fitter / mechanic cert on 22nd May. $300

www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Programmes/TRA/

Enrolled on PEER TEC wiring rules course by correspondence 6th June $598 (not including copy of rules)

http://www.peer.com.au/index1024m.htm

Flew to Adelaide to attend wiring rules exam on 4th july. return flight from sydney cost $365 and 1 night accommodation $100.

http://www.virginblue.com.au

Applied for South Australian Electrical licence (can perform any electrical work) whilst in adelaide. $338

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing

When SA licence was received (6 weeks) Applied for NSW Electrical Qualified Supervisor Certificate through mutual recognition. $237

http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/bu...msandfees.html

Received required licence on August 27th.

SA licencing is much easier to gain than the NSW licence.

Thanks to people who have helped me during this process....especially Wendy

don
to be honest mate that sounds a right pain in the arse. the fact that you had to fly down to adelaide for a start. it took me 5 months, slept in my own bed every night and never attented tafe once and worked out cheaper to.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:27 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

That was a informative post, but, forgive me for being thick, OH and son are qualified electricians and we are all in the process of applying for our visas, what is ARTC and can they apply for it while still in England.

Many thanks

Lisa
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:42 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights
Hi,

That was a informative post, but, forgive me for being thick, OH and son are qualified electricians and we are all in the process of applying for our visas, what is ARTC and can they apply for it while still in England.

Many thanks

Lisa
have you guys done your tra`s ???
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:12 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Steve,

Son should hear from the TRA within the next week or so, they have had his application for 4 weeks now, hubby and I are going through on a business visa hopefully, so he hasn't had to apply to the TRA but he will want to work as an electrician in the short term, he runs his own electrical contracting company here in England and hopes to do the same in Victoria. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Lisa
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:25 am
Just Joined

PaulgM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Looking to gain NSW Licence

Is Don's road still valid, as I live in NSW?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulgM
Hi,

Looking to gain NSW Licence

Is Don's road still valid, as I live in NSW?

Yes, it is.

Have you applied for an ARTC yet? You can't get a SA licence without an ARTC. Although you can do the course without one. Be careful though as a few people have recently been turned down by the TRA Just make sure you provide LOTS of info to them, a little bit more than for the pre-migration assessment.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Yes I have my ARTC electrical mechanic certificate.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Paul
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PaulgM
Yes I have my ARTC electrical mechanic certificate.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Paul

All set to go then Good luck
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

It is important that the trade certificate was awarded by Trades Recognition Australia (green certificate). For example a blue electrical mechanics certificate awarded by the VTT in sydney will not be recognised in SA if the person who'se name is on the certificate is from overseas.

good luck

don
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi Don,

My certificate is a green TRA one, and I'm doing the peer tec course via distance learning from home as I live in NSW (coffs harbour).

P.S. Do you have any tips or advice on exam etc?

Thanks

Paul
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

hi paul

when arranging the date for the exam, tell them that you will be requiring your certficate on the same day you take the exam (providing you pass, which as long as you do the course folder you will). Then give yourself enough time in Adelaide to go into the ocba and apply for your licence. If you do this make sure you remember to take your ARTC cert and plenty of ID to Adelaide with you.

regards

don
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:46 am
Just Joined

snofun is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys good info, think ill give that route a try,been here in sydney on and off for 2 years and this licence thing is a nightmare,tafe and fair trading are no help. plus the loss of a days wage to study and the course cost.:curse: glad i stumbled onto this thread
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snofun
hi guys good info, think ill give that route a try,been here in sydney on and off for 2 years and this licence thing is a nightmare,tafe and fair trading are no help. plus the loss of a days wage to study and the course cost.:curse: glad i stumbled onto this thread

Good luck and if you have any questions or need any help just let me know and I'll see what I can do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.