Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

OMG - We managed to get on the April assessment

OMG - We managed to get on the April assessment

Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: OMG - We managed to get on the April assessment

Hi Becky,

We've now been given the 14th via email, but OH was given the 8th from the Vetassess people at the expo, we're confused too!!! Need to confirm which date it is, he may also be with your hubby too!! Where on your details did it give directions to Accrington? Will let you know what hotel we find after we've confirmed the date!!

Hope you've managed to smile nicely enough at your mum!!!!

Mel
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Originally Posted by Becky723359
Well we've recieved email today saying Dave's assessment is the 14th in London with directions for Accrington (how confusing)

But I've read someone else had the same and it's def London. But I'll email to check.

Huggkat is on same date as us then so he'll get to meet at least one of his fellow British Expats.

3 weeks to go..........I'm doing my bit too I promise I've lost 10lbs in the last few weeks, need to make sure my weights not an issue for our meds.

OH is a little calmer reading the breifing it looks like the 'technical interview' ain't as scary as he thought just questions thoughout the day.

Becky

Hi becky

We emailed Vetassess last night, as we too received directions to Accrington and we got a reply this morning telling us it was definately in London.

Ang
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

weegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really niceweegogs is just really nice

Originally Posted by Becky723359
Weegog how bloody annoying for you to say the least .....I had many nights thinking we would have to wait.

Have you considered going to another country to do it? .... very expensive I know but we certainly thought about it.

You go get bladdered mate....I'll have a few for you.

There is 1 plus side........there will be loads of us to tell you whats on it so you can prepare, very little consolation I know.

Sorry again....would have thought you'd have loads of points though for visa even when you hit 40 and my limited understanding of sponsered schemes are is slightly easier regardless of age. (my dads 53 and looked into it possible could get accross even at that age)

Becky

hi becky

i got a reply from vetassess to say i'm first reserve if some poor soul has to cancel so just need to keep checking the emails

cheers

weegogs
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

Weegogs,

At least it's a little hope for you, better than nothing and it's over 6 working days so surely theres some hope. Good Luck!

It's the waiting and wondering thats a pain.

Becky
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

I AM HAVING A PANIC

OH MY GOD, OMG!

We got email with details for 14th April but letter though post saying 15th April but if Dave's finishing about 8pm - Vetassess are meant to be in South Africa on 16th April.

If we miss it's gonna be JULY

Phoned Vetassess just told its 15th but I'm still not sure asked for change to 14th.

Restless night til I get the email - back to that again.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Becky, what an utter nightmare and complete b**** up, I'm not sure anyone has gone through this without some sort of complication. Just when you think it's settled, it isn't. I really hope that you get a firm date soon, let us know how you get on.

Good luck.

Mel
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Good luck Becky, what a mess, how can you be expected to make any arrangements. I really hope you can sort it out soon. Best of luck.:curse:

Last edited by shar07; Mar 31st 2008 at 1:39 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Thats really pants Becky. Hope you get it sorted!

Lets hope its not going to be like this throughout the whole process :curse:

Ang
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Yes I agree its pretty worrying I hope the rest of the Vetassess process runs smoothly for us all.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bring on the feedback form!!

Mel
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys and Gals,

Got an email this morning 07:50 (you mean I didn't have to set my alarm at 3am to see)
It said Vetassess apologies for any misunderstanding and Dave is defo on the 15th of April.

I'll arrange everything for then, then!

Becky
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good job you hadn't booked hotels then, shame for the c*** up but at least you don't have to wait until July.

Keep us posted!

Mel