DOWN UNDER TRADIES

Old Apr 24th 2012, 5:49 am
Just Joined

doughy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DOWN UNDER TRADIES

I am a liar only because I said my last post would be my last.I joined because a friend was scouting forums for info about oz he text me to say that dutg are a rip off according to a few people on herethat is why I joined because I don't agree with your point of view and wanted to express mine the other rat as you so politely put was on the etl course with me and has just come baclk from perth with his licence so as I have kept in contact with him to see how the capstone exam was I mention this forum to him.I have never met such a cynical bunch in my life,so for the last time again I am f##k all to do with dutg other than as I've stated that I have completed the etl.I think its very sad and quite rude to dismiss someones views so agressively when they are true.I really don't care now what you think because in januaru I'm going to oz.so steve o report me if you like but nothing will happen as my comments are correct!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:00 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doughy
I am a liar only because I said my last post would be my last.I joined because a friend was scouting forums for info about oz he text me to say that dutg are a rip off according to a few people on herethat is why I joined because I don't agree with your point of view and wanted to express mine the other rat as you so politely put was on the etl course with me and has just come baclk from perth with his licence so as I have kept in contact with him to see how the capstone exam was I mention this forum to him.I have never met such a cynical bunch in my life,so for the last time again I am f##k all to do with dutg other than as I've stated that I have completed the etl.I think its very sad and quite rude to dismiss someones views so agressively when they are true.I really don't care now what you think because in januaru I'm going to oz.so steve o report me if you like but nothing will happen as my comments are correct!
9. Advertising in Forum Posts
The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 20.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:09 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

It must be frustrating if you are indeed telling th truth, problem is everybody has been dicked around so much by the system they might be a bit oversensitive, also dot forget they also are here only trying to help others, your path may well be valid and work out for all I know but it certainly isn't the cheapest, as others have spelled out the financial costs dut charge a premium for a service, if you think it's worth it you pays your money you makes your choice but you have to admit it does look a bit odd two recent members defending dut to the hilt out of nowhere
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:39 am
Just Joined

doughy is an unknown quantity at this point

It may sound odd if your a regular forum user but I am not so just wanted to offer an opinion.I'm not having someone who doesn't know my situation criticise my views.I just a honest guy who sat course and is going to oz and all I've spent is £3000.personally for me the cost is irrellavant which might sound like I've got money to burn but it couldn't be further than the truth ,I just like the security of having a job straight away so if people can't understand that then I really can't explain myself any clearer!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:46 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

It may sound odd if your a regular forum user but I am not so just wanted to offer an opinion.I'm not having someone who doesn't know my situation criticise my views.I just a honest guy who sat course and is going to oz and all I've spent is £3000.personally for me the cost is irrellavant which might sound like I've got money to burn but it couldn't be further than the truth ,I just like the security of having a job straight away so if people can't understand that then I really can't explain myself any clearer!
I hear you and have a similar outlook on the financial side to it.

As a newcomer unfortunately you haven't seen the personal circumstances that have influenced the opinions of those that have cast doubt over your intentions or seen the amount of help some of those you have issue with have given freely over the years. People are genuinely interested to hear if what dut claim they can do actually works, this primarily because it goes against a lot of the established procedure that electricians are subjected to to date
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

if i were you id be chasing them for info on other guys that have already made the move through them, id be interseted to see how anyone has got on landing in aus with the licence and guaranteed job,
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Ian p is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, STOP
Do what I did, e mail the Australian state ( I did WA ) licensing board, they laugh at tradies own under.
Look at your info you got with your vetassess overseas license
It's in plain english( and we've all taken our IELTS to prove it).
You NEED to do it in Australia
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:13 am
Just Joined

jaku is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Would you please give the details of the institution offering the training and they are offering training to linesman.

Please help

jaku
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Hello Guys,

Just thought I'd add my bit about dutg:-
I contacted them a few months ago after reading about them on the internet and it seemed fair to me, but the main problem i had was " Am i being ripped off?". I explained to the guy, i think he's called Darren, my thoughts and he told me to email a guy at CET if i didn't beleive him. I did this and the guy(dont want give out his name because everyone will email him) replyed back saying that you do the ETL course with dutg in england and once you get to Oz all you have to do is your half day practical. You then get issued a few days later with your A grade license.
This was enough proof to me that it would work, and you can hit the ground running once your there. But i aint doing it cos i can't afford it, simple as that!! I'm going on a PR visa so will get the course discounted, and myself and my family are staying at a friends house until we get sorted.
If i had the cash and been able to take the time off work it may have been a different matter, but its each to thier own.

Please note i aint advertising for anyone, just giving you a chapter from this journey of a Nomadic Contracting Spark!!!!

Good Luck!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Hello Guys,

Just thought I'd add my bit about dutg:-
I contacted them a few months ago after reading about them on the internet and it seemed fair to me, but the main problem i had was " Am i being ripped off?". I explained to the guy, i think he's called Darren, my thoughts and he told me to email a guy at CET if i didn't beleive him. I did this and the guy(dont want give out his name because everyone will email him) replyed back saying that you do the ETL course with dutg in england and once you get to Oz all you have to do is your half day practical. You then get issued a few days later with your A grade license.
This was enough proof to me that it would work, and you can hit the ground running once your there. But i aint doing it cos i can't afford it, simple as that!! I'm going on a PR visa so will get the course discounted, and myself and my family are staying at a friends house until we get sorted.
If i had the cash and been able to take the time off work it may have been a different matter, but its each to thier own.

Please note i aint advertising for anyone, just giving you a chapter from this journey of a Nomadic Contracting Spark!!!!

Good Luck!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

oops!!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Razzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: DOWN UNDER TRADIES

Hi,

Anymore news on this? As my partner and I are terribly confused on what to do. If we should do the course here or wait till we get there?
Also I have read all the previous threads but obviously the latest one was written in April which was before the new changes came out on the 1st of July.
£3000 is such a lot of money to pay out if it inst the right thing to do. Don't want to be tricked into making the wrong move.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ta Rach
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:48 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by Razzel
Hi,

Anymore news on this? As my partner and I are terribly confused on what to do. If we should do the course here or wait till we get there?
Also I have read all the previous threads but obviously the latest one was written in April which was before the new changes came out on the 1st of July.
£3000 is such a lot of money to pay out if it inst the right thing to do. Don't want to be tricked into making the wrong move.

Ta Rach
I've never heard any feedback from anyone that's done it that doesn't look like a stooge advert. It clearly isn't necessary to do it, I'd save your money
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Razzel
Hi,

Ta Rach
Be very very carefull....................

This was posted last week on ************* i will attach the link after

I'm a long time viewer but this is my first post! all the info you have put on here has been so helpful, I am moving to Queensland myself in January and I'm trying to sort out this licensing business before I head over, what a fiasco!!
Basically I did the WA Electrical Trade Licence course in London with a certain training group which promised that with my OTSR I could sit this course, do a work book, and then do a final exam in Perth and get my A grade licence then transfer it over to Queensland, However after I had completed the London course and before I had the chance to do the Perth exam the WA licencing board moved the goalposts and rendered the work book meaningless!!!!
It looks like I'm going to have to do it the hard way! I was just wondering who you are doing your course with and how you are doing it ie: nights, weekends, day release? Im considering doing it with QET which is a distance learning course. Also Im not sure how to present my CV, did you put down that you have a restricted electrical workers permit?
I have put my CV out there but without much feedback. On the face of it, it is a good CV with 18 years experience in the commercial sector including hospitals, schools, police stations etc as well as supervising but I wonder if I should mention the UK at all on it?
My plan was to do what you have done and just pester people until they give me a job! It does seem as though they make it very difficult for us sparks to get our feet in the door, but Im sure Ill be ok in the long run, just want to get it sorted. Its so annoying though as I worked in Sydney 12 years ago for a big company and got paid a dollar an hour less than the licenced sparks.
Speaking of which how are you finding it on 22.50, how many hours a day do you get?
Sorry for all the questions mate but you are in the same position I will be in a few months time so any info would be really helpful,

http://www.*************/forum/jobs-...post1935951093
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirby Reynolds
Be very very carefull....................
Please don't cut n paste posts from other forums - its not fair on the original poster who is unaware that their words are being posted on here. Some forums have even complianed when this happens - not good netiquette Paraphrasing it would be better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.