DOWN UNDER TRADIES

Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road
Default DOWN UNDER TRADIES

Hello all.

Quick question. Any one come across the down under tradies group in london?
Had a chap from NECA put me on to them. They claim they can do your gap training in london over 2 weekends, you then fly out to WA and sit 5 hour practical test and get A licence same day.

They also say they can find you a job after succesfull pass of the course? Not cheap though £3000 for course.

Just interested if anyone had done this course?

Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all
Default Re: DOWN UNDER TRADIES

The guy from DUT rang me on Monday and said about the course. I would do it if I had the money because it means you hit the ground running once your over in WA. Need to sell my house first!
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

The licensing course in Perth takes 2 weeks at TAFE and, as a newly arrived immigrant, will cost you $230.

£3000??? Tell 'Down Under Tradies' to ram it up their hoop.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

I know which one I'll be doing then.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

stevothespark is an unknown quantity at this point

how you doin guys, just checked out the same thing, £3000, so many folk goin round tryin to rip us off ! Im looking to head to perth in dec/jan. Any advice ?
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Jenykforce5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevothespark
how you doin guys, just checked out the same thing, £3000, so many folk goin round tryin to rip us off ! Im looking to head to perth in dec/jan. Any advice ?
Hiya - that's when we're heading out too! So just gna send off this form to energy safety and hopefully they then give you the okay to do the 2 week course? Just not sure I put a UK address on form as I heard this causes problems? Don't have an Aussie address. Anyway that's the plan so far
Old Mar 18th 2012, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevothespark
Hi Steve. We was going to QLD but not looking good for the work situation so we have now decided to go to Perth probably Freemantle/Bays water. We have friends there that love it and say there is loads of work, great weather and great Schools. We are just waiting for the IELTS results (friday this coming week) so we can apply for SS then the Visa. Probably be round April time before we get out there providing the visa comes before hand. I think the SS visa takes around 12 months. How far are you into your application?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

i noticed down under tradies are offering a cert 3 in plumbing that can be done in the uk, as i pointed out on another forum a cert 3 equivilent is what you get of vettasses, they are peddling shit to rip off brits, also the info they give you is not correct on the plumbing side, anyway beware all, and good luck, its worth it when you get here.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Ian p is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just passed my vetassess and got a level 3 cert, do you know what training I would have to do to work around Perth.
I don't want to be self employed ( had enough of that, running my own business)
would be more than apply to be employed
I've seen about gap trading in Australia , but not sure of time scale , cst etc.
Thank you guys for any help given

Ps, tradies own under biggest rip off ever. I've been on PIO forum and there is a big debate going on about them
Old Mar 24th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ian p
I've just passed my vetassess and got a level 3 cert, do you know what training I would have to do to work around Perth.
I don't want to be self employed ( had enough of that, running my own business)
would be more than apply to be employed
I've seen about gap trading in Australia , but not sure of time scale , cst etc.
Thank you guys for any help given

Ps, tradies own under biggest rip off ever. I've been on PIO forum and there is a big debate going on about them
Hi Ian

From what i gather you have to now apply to energy safe, then do a course at local college over two weeks, then apply to energy safe once again for license which (dont quote me) can take up another 3-4 weeks to process.

I visisted Australia house a month ago for a visa/jobs open day. A guy from Neca in perth took my C.V and told me to call DUT as they can sort the gap training in the UK.

I gave them a call but was horrified at the cost. I then told them i would need to think about it and talk with the misses. A day later he was ringing me back 3 times a day. I stopped answering the calls but i was receiving 3-4 phone calls a day for a week along with 2-3 emails regarding the course and booking.

We have emailed Energy Safe and a local college in perth. The cost is a fraction to what DUT want. Also DUT wanted to do this 80 hour course over 2 weekends doing 12 hour days. My maths aint that good but that adds up to 48 hours not 80.

would be nice if we could get someone whos done the course to give us some feedback on here.

regards
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

doughy is an unknown quantity at this point

hello guys just read all the posts and it makes interesting reading.everyone is allowed there own opinion but i can say that the dutg is the most cost effective and quickest way to get set up in australia with a licence.i know the cost of the course is all what people see but i am 38 yrs old and run my own firm for 11 years so i dont see it as a rip off to quote another.i have done plenty of research into this before i sat the dutg etl course and every other option came up with the same answer,a long time waiting in australia for my licence on mediocre wages and as im going with my wife and kids that is not an option.this way i carry on working here whilst my visa is processing then straight to australia and straight into work as a grade A licence holder and into a more secure future.dutg are the only firm that can do this and it is endorsed by NECA who want qualified guys in oz working asap.i have passed the couse and have sold my house and thanks to dutg i have a job lined up in canberra on $80,000 for a 39 hr week and there sponsoring my visa so i can go before my 175 is processed.now does that sound like a rip off,im off to oz for a better life which is what we all want with a licence and a job all for £3000.and 2 long weekends in a classroom.like i said earlier there are other routes to a licence but this was the best way as far as im concerned.and i have reccomended dutg to anyone in the trade who is interested.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by doughy
hello guys just read all the posts and it makes interesting reading.everyone is allowed there own opinion but i can say that the dutg is the most cost effective and quickest way to get set up in australia with a licence.i know the cost of the course is all what people see but i am 38 yrs old and run my own firm for 11 years so i dont see it as a rip off to quote another.i have done plenty of research into this before i sat the dutg etl course and every other option came up with the same answer,a long time waiting in australia for my licence on mediocre wages and as im going with my wife and kids that is not an option.this way i carry on working here whilst my visa is processing then straight to australia and straight into work as a grade A licence holder and into a more secure future.dutg are the only firm that can do this and it is endorsed by NECA who want qualified guys in oz working asap.i have passed the couse and have sold my house and thanks to dutg i have a job lined up in canberra on $80,000 for a 39 hr week and there sponsoring my visa so i can go before my 175 is processed.now does that sound like a rip off,im off to oz for a better life which is what we all want with a licence and a job all for £3000.and 2 long weekends in a classroom.like i said earlier there are other routes to a licence but this was the best way as far as im concerned.and i have reccomended dutg to anyone in the trade who is interested.

and tell me this is not blatant advertising, made me laugh just reading it, didint you no folks they want qualified blokes in oz asap. you mean they want you 3000 grand asap. nuf said............................
Old Apr 21st 2012, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Its nice to be mocked by a complete stranger!just to let you know I have no loyalty or connection with dutg other than I've done the course and I'm going to oz wit a licence.if that's advertising then so be it as I'm happy with the service and like to spread to word.in the grand scheme of things the cost of course is irrelevant as I'm garranteed. A jb in oz qualified the minute I set foot in country.no its a hard course as the standards set by them are way higher than it is here.I just didn't fancy going to oz still uncertaian as to when I would be qualified to work and as I said earlier I've done my reaesearch.once you have done the course in oz there is a 2 to 3 month waiting list to sit your exam to finally get your licence.if anyone can afford with a family to not work as a qualified spark while that's going on then fair enougjh but my situation is different I can't afford that lluxury.and £3000 doesn't last lang in oz so for me it is all good.everyone has a opinion and I respect but please respect mine!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doughy
Its nice to be mocked by a complete stranger!just to let you know I have no loyalty or connection with dutg other than I've done the course and I'm going to oz wit a licence.if that's advertising then so be it as I'm happy with the service and like to spread to word.in the grand scheme of things the cost of course is irrelevant as I'm garranteed. A jb in oz qualified the minute I set foot in country.no its a hard course as the standards set by them are way higher than it is here.I just didn't fancy going to oz still uncertaian as to when I would be qualified to work and as I said earlier I've done my reaesearch.once you have done the course in oz there is a 2 to 3 month waiting list to sit your exam to finally get your licence.if anyone can afford with a family to not work as a qualified spark while that's going on then fair enougjh but my situation is different I can't afford that lluxury.and £3000 doesn't last lang in oz so for me it is all good.everyone has a opinion and I respect but please respect mine!
mate i respect all opinions, i just get the feeling either arnt who you say you are or you are in for a massive shock when you get here, and if your bringing a family here with 3 grand then your a mug , job or not 3 grand aint worth a toss here with a family in tow, you could loose that on a deposit and rent upfront, any way good luck with it all.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:01 am
Just Joined

I think you have misunderstood me what I'm saying is £3000 which is what I spent on the course is nothing compared to being in oz un qualified for a 3 months with a family in tow so as far as I'm concerned its money well spent as I arrive in oz with an immediate salary of $80,000.I think if you can get what I've got cheaper taking into account all factors then good luck to you and I mean that sincerely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.