DOWN UNDER TRADIES

Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice
Default Re: DOWN UNDER TRADIES

Originally Posted by doughy
Its nice to be mocked by a complete stranger!just to let you know I have no loyalty or connection with dutg other than I've done the course and I'm going to oz wit a licence.if that's advertising then so be it as I'm happy with the service and like to spread to word.in the grand scheme of things the cost of course is irrelevant as I'm garranteed. A jb in oz qualified the minute I set foot in country.no its a hard course as the standards set by them are way higher than it is here.I just didn't fancy going to oz still uncertaian as to when I would be qualified to work and as I said earlier I've done my reaesearch.once you have done the course in oz there is a 2 to 3 month waiting list to sit your exam to finally get your licence.if anyone can afford with a family to not work as a qualified spark while that's going on then fair enougjh but my situation is different I can't afford that lluxury.and £3000 doesn't last lang in oz so for me it is all good.everyone has a opinion and I respect but please respect mine!

just to let you know I have no loyalty or connection with dutg
Yeah, right...

in the grand scheme of things the cost of course is irrelevant
£3000 is relevant to most people, especially when you can pay $230 for the exact same course once you get to WA

no its a hard course as the standards set by them are way higher than it is here
Not really sure what you're on about here.

I've done my reaesearch.once you have done the course in oz there is a 2 to 3 month waiting list to sit your exam to finally get your licence
That's not true.

The reason down under tradies are getting mocked is because they're blatantly trying to rip people off.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:21 am
Just Joined

doughy is an unknown quantity at this point

Please do not imply I am not who I say I am all I have done is sat the etl course and I'm now going to australia.if your saying that in miracle world that I can fly to oz with my family and on day one start a course and in 2weeks I will be a a grade licence holder with a job at the end then I must be a mug as you so rudely put it.I can't stop your opinion but please stop making out that I'm a dutg spokesman.I paid for a service and I got what I wanted end of!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Please do not imply I am not who I say I am all I have done is sat the etl course and I'm now going to australia.if your saying that in miracle world that I can fly to oz with my family and on day one start a course and in 2weeks I will be a a grade licence holder with a job at the end then I must be a mug as you so rudely put it.I can't stop your opinion but please stop making out that I'm a dutg spokesman.I paid for a service and I got what I wanted end of!
i think the problem is folks arnt knocking you personaly, its just the organisation is good at taking money for shit quals that dont or arnt worth a toss here, as for the agrade licence im not sure as im a humble plumber, anyways as you said you have done your research and your on your way with your family, good luck, please update us on how your going down here,
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Doughy, can you tell me, do you have an A class license in your posession right now, could you maybe scan it and show us on here, that way you can prove to all the doubters that DUT can provide the license from the course and you can hit the Tarmac and start working !!!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

My understanding is that you can't obtain a licence outside of Australia. You must undertake gap training in Australia in order to obtain a full licence. The ACT (Canberra) requires that oversea applicants must show practical experience in Australian working practices, so I'm dubious as to how a full licence can be issued without it.
Doughy, you also stated that you have gained sponsorship after been granted a 175 visa so your new sponsorship visa, which would be a temporary visa by the way and if you lose your job you only have 28 days to find a new sponsor or it's back to Blighty, would cancel out your 175 visa.
I can only summise that either you are a DUT mole or you've been led up the garden path.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

doughy is an unknown quantity at this point

Right last post as I feel like I'm not being understood.I may have misled you into thinking I have a licence in my possesion.this is not the case as I have to get that once I have done my practical exam in WA.which unless I have been lied to by CET is immediate.you may think that is arrogant of me to assume I will pass but if I don't then I have no right being an electrician anywhere!also I applied for my 175 before I ever found out about dutg which is taking it natural long winded course.once I passed the etl I had an interview with my employer who knew about dutg and didn't have any issue with the licence being WA as as soon as I reach canberra I will apply for an ACT licence asap which my employer again is ok with.but in no way am I aware of any hidden problems as I have it all in writing.never been called a mole before so that's a first!I can't comment on anybody elses situation but I am DEFINATELY going to australia in january to start work as a qualified electrician,unless of course there is a mass conspiracy bu dutg WA electrasafe neca and my employer.I'm not advertising or working for dutg that is my situation Fact.sorry if you can't see how this is possible but I assure it is!have a good day guys ,back to my fuseboard change I go!!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Right last post as I feel like I'm not being understood.I may have misled you into thinking I have a licence in my possesion.this is not the case as I have to get that once I have done my practical exam in WA.which unless I have been lied to by CET is immediate.you may think that is arrogant of me to assume I will pass but if I don't then I have no right being an electrician anywhere!also I applied for my 175 before I ever found out about dutg which is taking it natural long winded course.once I passed the etl I had an interview with my employer who knew about dutg and didn't have any issue with the licence being WA as as soon as I reach canberra I will apply for an ACT licence asap which my employer again is ok with.but in no way am I aware of any hidden problems as I have it all in writing.never been called a mole before so that's a first!I can't comment on anybody elses situation but I am DEFINATELY going to australia in january to start work as a qualified electrician,unless of course there is a mass conspiracy bu dutg WA electrasafe neca and my employer.I'm not advertising or working for dutg that is my situation Fact.sorry if you can't see how this is possible but I assure it is!have a good day guys ,back to my fuseboard change I go!!
Hi Doughy,
I hate to sound like a Q.C. But in your previous posts you stated that you would hit the ground running in Canberra with a a full licence which now turns out not to be the case as you will still have to go to WA to undertake the ETL course?

So let's the the sums, as you have placed great emphasis on the 3000 grand that you have paid out.
3000 pounds to DUT.
900 pounds (estimate) fllight from UK to WA
700 pounds course fees at CET
150 pounds ( estimate) flight from WA to Canberra
Total 4750 pounds

Now, arriving to WA on a 175 visa
900 pounds flight from Uk to WA
400 pounds course fees ('because you have a PR visa)
150 pounds ( estimate) fliight from WA to Canberra)
Total 1450 pounds

Saving 3300 pounds.

I'm sorry but the figures speak for themselves. I' ve read many posts singing the praises of DUT before migrants have left the UK but I've yet to read one after they have arrived in Australia.
I'm sorry but the sums simply do not add up.

Last edited by derren7; Apr 21st 2012 at 1:55 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 1:54 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, there is not much point getting hot under the collar, I've seen people like steve o and arthur getting slated when offering sound advice about the peer route to a licence. There are many ways to achieve the same end result and just because it seems strange or unplausable doesn't necessarily mean it is.

Good luck to doughy, I understand his reasoning that £3k in the grand scale of things is peanuts and for him it's worth every penny. I too am sceptical about DUT and whether what doughy has said is going to turn out to be quite how he imagined it but we will have to wait and see, hopefully he wil have the good grace to let us know and warn others if the DUT claims go boss eyed once he gets across.

For my 2p worth the peer course is still the quickest and cheapest way to get a licence (fact). The practicalities of using the licence in other states remain blurred and vary depending on personal circumstances locations and employer attitudes but it wasn't long ago that people were getting horrible and aggressive to those that even suggested it as a valid path to a licence.

Good luck all
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Ian p is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys ,
I'm in contact with a guy who's just did a reckie in Perth
( I've completed my overseas vetassess ) he's told me that he went to the WA plumbers licensing board and they tod him that know other overseas qualification other than vetassess will get you a provisional licence in WA.
I e mailed them a month or s o ago and I have proof of that. They gave me the 2 gap training centres in Perth

Hope this helps

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Kachenzie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently done the ETL with dutg in London. This course is ran in conjunction with NECA/CET in WA. I found the course to be the quickest and cheapest way to getting an a grade license, you could wait up to four months to get an etl course and that's four months without any pay.The course was ran over two weekends from Friday to Sunday this includes theory and practical assessments and a portfolio to work through. DUTG also managed with some difficulty to them to get me on the final capstone accessment In Balcatta whilst I was on a reccie of the Perth area within two weeks of completion of my ETL at no additional costs to me.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:52 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Now tra seem to have really knocked overseas artc applications on the head I think love em or hate em DUT will be getting a lot busier! I'd have probably done it if I hadn't got my artc application in before the started blocking overseas applications.

I share the concerns about bringing a family across without the option to work before a course becomes a available.

I spent around £2.5k doing the peer route - flights, accommodation, course and books fees.

At £3k the DUT course isn't that much more and could be worth every penny of it saves months of waiting for a course to become a available
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kachenzie
I have recently done the ETL with dutg in London. This course is ran in conjunction with NECA/CET in WA. I found the course to be the quickest and cheapest way to getting an a grade license, you could wait up to four months to get an etl course and that's four months without any pay.The course was ran over two weekends from Friday to Sunday this includes theory and practical assessments and a portfolio to work through. DUTG also managed with some difficulty to them to get me on the final capstone accessment In Balcatta whilst I was on a reccie of the Perth area within two weeks of completion of my ETL at no additional costs to me.
i smell a rat, starange how people just happen to join to defend dutg,
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Jenykforce5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnknight001
Yeah I agree! But it's entertaining!!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:52 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnknight001
i smell two, or would that be one with two accounts ?

so a complete unknown poster who hasnt ever asked a question till now
comes on be and all of his 5 post to date have been to tell us how fantastic dutg are

then along comes another with only 1 post to tell the same

your lot are not stupid neither am i its blantant advertising and should be reported

steve

ps i will be reporting both accounts as adverts i hope others do the same

Last edited by steve`o; Apr 24th 2012 at 4:56 am.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:58 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Hi, there is not much point getting hot under the collar, I've seen people like steve o and arthur getting slated when offering sound advice about the peer route to a licence. There are many ways to achieve the same end result and just because it seems strange or unplausable doesn't necessarily mean it is.

Good luck to doughy, I understand his reasoning that £3k in the grand scale of things is peanuts and for him it's worth every penny. I too am sceptical about DUT and whether what doughy has said is going to turn out to be quite how he imagined it but we will have to wait and see, hopefully he wil have the good grace to let us know and warn others if the DUT claims go boss eyed once he gets across.

For my 2p worth the peer course is still the quickest and cheapest way to get a licence (fact). The practicalities of using the licence in other states remain blurred and vary depending on personal circumstances locations and employer attitudes but it wasn't long ago that people were getting horrible and aggressive to those that even suggested it as a valid path to a licence.

Good luck all
mate i`ve heard a lot of how great they are from people in the uk to date not a one from some one in au or some one that actually got a licence and ive been posting on here for 8 years

i rest my case and i`ll let you decide

steve

Last edited by steve`o; Apr 24th 2012 at 5:04 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.