artc

Old Jan 18th 2012, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all
Default Re: artc

Just got this form sent fron Energy Safety about the OSTR route. It could take a while...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ostr energy safe form.pdf (82.3 KB, 144 views)
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by biggaf
Just got this form sent fron Energy Safety about the OSTR route. It could take a while...
Yes it could and be a real pain with work. Go on energy safe WA and look in licensing section for overseas application form using ARTC cert there isn't gap training involved quicker route for licensing I think!

Ricky did u put an Aussie address on your application? Or uk?
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:33 am
Just Joined

ricky77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't put an oz address wish I had now. Just thought I would be honest in case they check up but it seems everyone is doing it. I'm going over in April for validation trip so I'll ring Artc and give an address then.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ricky77
I didn't put an oz address wish I had now. Just thought I would be honest in case they check up but it seems everyone is doing it. I'm going over in April for validation trip so I'll ring Artc and give an address then.
Do you think if we emailed them with an Aussie address they would checkup?
Looking to see stamped visa if they actually stamp it apon arrival? Getting abit frustrating waiting not a reply of anything, I would like to have it before arriving as I would be able to gtet booked onto the license course asap, I dont want to be restricted.
What a bummer!!
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elect42
Do you think if we emailed them with an Aussie address they would checkup?
Looking to see stamped visa if they actually stamp it apon arrival? Getting abit frustrating waiting not a reply of anything, I would like to have it before arriving as I would be able to gtet booked onto the license course asap, I dont want to be restricted.
What a bummer!!
Ok I'm here now and I can give you an update on how frustrating the licensing registration is !!!! As you may or may not know, TRA have requested that I do a 1 day Trade test which I am hoping to organise on Monday (got the email letter with contact details on today). I got offered a job within 4 days of getting here on a decent wage working shifts, which I want. So as to not lose this opportunity I though I'd call energysafe (licensing dept.) and see if I could get a head start with the course at cet, not happening !!!! Energysafe will NOT tell you any details of where the course will be, how much it will be, who to contact UNTIL you fill out their application form to apply for a license !!!! When you post the application, I was told by energysafe, it will take 4 weeks, thats four weeks, until you get a response, until then I cannot book onto a course !!
I called into Jandakot CET just to have a word because I was in the area, they were very helpful but said that they dont have any available places on the course until APRIL anyhow !!! Although there are other places where you can do the course.
so in my position I may not be able to start work for another 2-3 months because of TRA and Energysafe. I must admit though that the people at TRA are quite helpful, they dont make the final decision on whether you are an electrician or not its the Local committee and they are supposedly meant to be made up of local buisness people in the trade.......which trade, I really am starting to wonder !!!!!!
BUT the sun is shining, the kids love it and my golf clubs will be here in another few weeks !!!!
Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woodymcfc
Ok I'm here now and I can give you an update on how frustrating the licensing registration is !!!! As you may or may not know, TRA have requested that I do a 1 day Trade test which I am hoping to organise on Monday (got the email letter with contact details on today). I got offered a job within 4 days of getting here on a decent wage working shifts, which I want. So as to not lose this opportunity I though I'd call energysafe (licensing dept.) and see if I could get a head start with the course at cet, not happening !!!! Energysafe will NOT tell you any details of where the course will be, how much it will be, who to contact UNTIL you fill out their application form to apply for a license !!!! When you post the application, I was told by energysafe, it will take 4 weeks, thats four weeks, until you get a response, until then I cannot book onto a course !!
I called into Jandakot CET just to have a word because I was in the area, they were very helpful but said that they dont have any available places on the course until APRIL anyhow !!! Although there are other places where you can do the course.

so in my position I may not be able to start work for another 2-3 months because of TRA and Energysafe. I must admit though that the people at TRA are quite helpful, they dont make the final decision on whether you are an electrician or not its the Local committee and they are supposedly meant to be made up of local buisness people in the trade.......which trade, I really am starting to wonder !!!!!!
BUT the sun is shining, the kids love it and my golf clubs will be here in another few weeks !!!!

Woody great news got a job so quick and bad news that cant it on a course sooner, so you cant work with the firm?? until you get license? what about the restricted one that people talk about before you actually do the course which allows you to work while under taking the course?
Im wondering if the restricted license could be applied for from uk using a aussie address cut down the 4 week wait before I arrive.

I am as your awhere still waiting for tra to come back with outcome for ARTC cert before I can enrol on the course, we are heading over start of June this year.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Woody great news got a job so quick and bad news that cant it on a course sooner, so you cant work with the firm?? until you get license? what about the restricted one that people talk about before you actually do the course which allows you to work while under taking the course?
Im wondering if the restricted license could be applied for from uk using a aussie address cut down the 4 week wait before I arrive.

I am as your awhere still waiting for tra to come back with outcome for ARTC cert before I can enrol on the course, we are heading over start of June this year.
The plot thickens !!! arranged the 1 day trade test, for the 6th March !!!! cant get it any sooner....really is taking the piss now.. realistically could be at least another 14-16 weeks before i can enrol on the wiring course, and I'm here in Perth !!!! TRA received my initial application on the 7th June 2011, are they for real !!!!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:47 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

The plot thickens !!! arranged the 1 day trade test, for the 6th March !!!! cant get it any sooner....really is taking the piss now.. realistically could be at least another 14-16 weeks before i can enrol on the wiring course, and I'm here in Perth !!!! TRA received my initial application on the 7th June 2011, are they for real !!!!
They really don't make it easy, it's their rules and hoops you have to jump through but given the amount of assessing that takes place and the financial hardship and wasted saving all the rigmarole eats up it is hard to stomach.

Hoping the mist clears and it all falls into place...
Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Woody you are working tho?
Is your electrician rate close to what you get while you wait for the courses?
I am heading to Perth also, hoping to have ARTC through and book the two week course all being well that they issue it, before I arrive, but nothing goes to plan as we know it!
I will be using an Aussie address for booking hope they except!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Woody you are working tho?
Is your electrician rate close to what you get while you wait for the courses?
I am heading to Perth also, hoping to have ARTC through and book the two week course all being well that they issue it, before I arrive, but nothing goes to plan as we know it!
I will be using an Aussie address for booking hope they except!
I have been offered 2 jobs since I have been here, the 1st one wants to know what's happening with the licensing, I had an interview with the director of the firm and he is well aware how pathetic the whole licensing registration is and why WA struggle to find good knowledgeable electricians.
The 2nd Job offer is coming back to me next week, they are a big international company who have taken on trades in the past on a supervised license until the unrestricted one was completed by the employee, hope this one comes off cause it really suits me with the shifts that are being offered.

When I called energysafe the girl I spoke with initially sounded like she didn't know her arse from her elbow. I knew more than what she is getting paid to know.
I only asked the next girl if there was any chance that I would be able to sit the trade test sooner elsewhere, my tone was polite because I dont believe you get anywhere shouting at people you want to do things for you ! The response was like I had just shit on her keyboard .... 'YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, I WONT TELL YOU ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE AN APPLICATION IN BLAH BLAH BLAH' I explained that I have just arrived in the country and that the process with TRA has been going on since June of last year and if possible I would like to arrange my license sooner rather than later because I have a family to support, NOTHING not a' sorry buts its not possible' or 'I sympathise with your position but there's nothing that can be done' sweet FA...........I think I'm going to nominate her for customer relations employee of the year in WA Energysafe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get anywhere with TRA and energysafe then you may be one of the lucky ones. Employers are aware of the problems here regarding licensing and only yesterday the quote of 'the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing' was used by one employer on the phone to me.

Like I said, when you arrive you will have at least a 4 week wait until energysafe process your application, that's if you have your ARTC through. Until you get this application accepted you will NOT be able to book onto a course, then the course availability is anyone's guess, you may be lucky and time it when there is a course available that week then you may not and the next available course may be in 2 months.

Goon luck, your gonna need it !!!! And i'm an optimist !!!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

I have been offered 2 jobs since I have been here, the 1st one wants to know what's happening with the licensing, I had an interview with the director of the firm and he is well aware how pathetic the whole licensing registration is and why WA struggle to find good knowledgeable electricians.
The 2nd Job offer is coming back to me next week, they are a big international company who have taken on trades in the past on a supervised license until the unrestricted one was completed by the employee, hope this one comes off cause it really suits me with the shifts that are being offered.

When I called energysafe the girl I spoke with initially sounded like she didn't know her arse from her elbow. I knew more than what she is getting paid to know.
I only asked the next girl if there was any chance that I would be able to sit the trade test sooner elsewhere, my tone was polite because I dont believe you get anywhere shouting at people you want to do things for you ! The response was like I had just shit on her keyboard .... 'YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, I WONT TELL YOU ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE AN APPLICATION IN BLAH BLAH BLAH' I explained that I have just arrived in the country and that the process with TRA has been going on since June of last year and if possible I would like to arrange my license sooner rather than later because I have a family to support, NOTHING not a' sorry buts its not possible' or 'I sympathise with your position but there's nothing that can be done' sweet FA...........I think I'm going to nominate her for customer relations employee of the year in WA Energysafe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get anywhere with TRA and energysafe then you may be one of the lucky ones. Employers are aware of the problems here regarding licensing and only yesterday the quote of 'the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing' was used by one employer on the phone to me.

Like I said, when you arrive you will have at least a 4 week wait until energysafe process your application, that's if you have your ARTC through. Until you get this application accepted you will NOT be able to book onto a course, then the course availability is anyone's guess, you may be lucky and time it when there is a course available that week then you may not and the next available course may be in 2 months.

Goon luck, your gonna need it !!!! And i'm an optimist !!!!!!!
Woody why dont you get Permit to Work Under Supervision application form fill that in get working with a company while you wait to enrol on the course?

at least its an income, I have had friends that did this, you seem to get around 3-4 bucks lessas they did but got the exam now earning alot more.

Its all ahead of us flights booked 3rd June here we come to the madness of licensing WA Australia
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Sounds as if you guys have got that fire in yer belly feeling, the old 'Let me at it!'!!!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Think I'll try sending my form (vetassess) to my mate over there in Oz, obviously with his address on, then he can repack and re-post it so its sent by Australia post, as it requests on the form.
Looking at another popular forum, it looks as if the OSTR may change for the better in WA as the year progresses.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

tetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the roughtetley86 is a jewel in the rough

After reading this I'm now feeling my application won't be strong for for a mechanic, woody seemed to supply them with so much info and up to now mine doesn't seem as half as detailed as that.

This is what I've got up to now,

Part 10 of application http://www.mediafire.com/?7rpxb4vz9xzbepv
Waiting on employers statement
C&G 2330 level 2
C&G 2330 level 3
NVQ level 3
AM2
Completion certificate of apprenticeship
17th edition certificate

Do you think this would be enough?
Do I need more detail and information in part 10 of the application?
Is it best to put electrical fitter as a secondary trade?

Im heading over in 3 weeks and not going to summit the application until i get there.

Cheers
Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:11 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tetley86
After reading this I'm now feeling my application won't be strong for for a mechanic, woody seemed to supply them with so much info and up to now mine doesn't seem as half as detailed as that.

This is what I've got up to now,

Part 10 of application http://www.mediafire.com/?7rpxb4vz9xzbepv
Waiting on employers statement
C&G 2330 level 2
C&G 2330 level 3
NVQ level 3
AM2
Completion certificate of apprenticeship
17th edition certificate

Do you think this would be enough?
Do I need more detail and information in part 10 of the application?
Is it best to put electrical fitter as a secondary trade?

Im heading over in 3 weeks and not going to summit the application until i get there.

Cheers
My PC flagged that link as a trojan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.