Traysea's question re: vignette/30 days

Old Jan 29th 2020, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

traysea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traysea's question re: vignette/30 days

Hi all,
i joined this site recently and I cannot thank you enough for the advise I have gotten from the forum. you are all fantastic.
we applied for a spouse visa in December 2019 and on the application indicated that I will be moving to join my husband in April 2020.
due to the good advise received on this forum( though all i ever did was come and read all your comments), the decision was super fast and Today 29-01-2020 I received an email from the VAC to go pick up my passport.
my question is, when am i expected to be in the UK is it within 30days from the decision date or is it 01-April-2020 as we filled in on the application.

i couldn't find any guidance on the UKVI website regarding this .

thanks for your advise.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 1:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traysea's question re: vignette/30 days

Hi, welcome to BE. I've moved your post in to a thread of your own, as it may not be seen tacked on to the end of an unrelated thread.

A quick forum search may help give you the answer, here's a post as an example (maybe try to find a more recent one to check things haven't changed) - 30 days to enter UK

Best of luck.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 6:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You should be given 30 days from 1 April.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Many thanks BritInParis. So does this mean it is ok for me to move to the UK any time from now but not later than 30th April/1st May?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It means you will likely need to wait until April before you can move.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks BritInParis. i have just received my passport back. yes, in addition to the vignette sticker in the passport, the packet contained a letter clearly stating which exact date in April I am to enter the UK.
thanks.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 8:41 am

Your vignette should be valid for entry to the UK from 1 April to 30 April and you’ll be given a separate date when your BRP will be ready to collect from the Post Office. If this matches what you’ve been given then you’re good to go.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

correct!