spouse visa timeline query

Old Nov 19th 2018, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa timeline query

I called to expedite my case today. They would not let me do it until 30 BD after the documents had been received in Sheffield. I also did not receive an email to say they received the documents but called to confirm.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was 30 working days from biometrics?
Old Nov 19th 2018, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too. I called last week because I thought our 30 BD were up and they made me wait another week as they said they would only count it from the day the documents were received.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

what did they say was the status of your application when you rang? To me they said "Its awaiting decision"
Old Nov 28th 2018, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I got my ILR last year in August and My wife's spouse visa is currently under process.

Do you think I can apply for naturalisation whilst this application is ongoing?

The tricky bit with me is since I have an Indian passport I will have to give that up once I apply for British passport so don't want the spouse visa to be negatively impacted in anyway as I will no longer have access to the passport she has mentioned in her application.

I can always wait I guess but intrigued to know.

cheers
Old Dec 5th 2018, 12:48 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookerw100
Hi

I got my ILR last year in August and My wife's spouse visa is currently under process.

Do you think I can apply for naturalisation whilst this application is ongoing?

The tricky bit with me is since I have an Indian passport I will have to give that up once I apply for British passport so don't want the spouse visa to be negatively impacted in anyway as I will no longer have access to the passport she has mentioned in her application.

I can always wait I guess but intrigued to know.

cheers

You can naturalise without applying for a passport afterwards. It doesn't really matter as as soon as you become a British citizen you will automatically lose your Indian citizenship and will need to hand in your Indian passport anyway.

I don't think it will matter though plus as it will likely take a number of months from when you apply to attending your citizenship ceremony so your wife's visa is likely to have been granted by then.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. Turns out the visa is already approved. So I’m going to start the naturalisation process.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 10:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookerw100
Thanks. Turns out the visa is already approved. So I’m going to start the naturalisation process.
Good stuff.