spouse visa timeline query

Old Nov 6th 2018, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa timeline query

Hi

Does the timeline of application for spouse settlement visa start from date biometrics are taken in the home country or the date the documents are received at Sheffield?

Also does one get notified once Sheffield has received the documentation - I only have proof that royal mail delivered it.

cheers
Old Nov 6th 2018, 5:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa timeline query

Normally it’s deemed to be from the date of your biometrics. You won’t necessarily get an acknowledgement of receipt.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

thanks.

I read on the timeline thread, a lot of people have commented that they got "your online application has been received at UKVI" , I was wondering if that is for when you attend the VFS centre or when they receive the documents in Sheffield as I didn't get either.

Also the online account still shows " Next Step - Print application " even though application is already submitted - does this not change?

Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably your wife did give her biometrics?
Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

yes she gave her biometrics. Then i posted the documents from the UK.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookerw100
thanks.

I read on the timeline thread, a lot of people have commented that they got "your online application has been received at UKVI" , I was wondering if that is for when you attend the VFS centre or when they receive the documents in Sheffield as I didn't get either.

Also the online account still shows " Next Step - Print application " even though application is already submitted - does this not change?

I only received the "application received" email a couple of weeks after I had submitted the application. Quite variable timing for this email from what I've seen on the forum.
I had paid for text message updates from VFS - and I received a text when they sent my passport to the embassy in the country of application (it's held there until a decision is made).

The status on the visa4uk website doesn't change. Mine looks just like what you've posted (even after I received the visa).
Old Nov 7th 2018, 9:53 am

I wouldn’t sweat it. The procedures vary for each country so this needs to be taken into account when comparing yourself with others.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

oh ok thanks for the responses.
Yes I too paid for the VFS text alert and did get the same text regarding dispatch.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

hi again,

I just received our original documents back.

In the post I had also included photocopies of all originals but they have returned photocopies as well as original - Is that normal as I thought they might have kept the photocopies with them?

Also they have even returned the application form and appendix form as well as the sponsor's passport and ILR copies that I had included as well sponsors's photo- is that normal?

many thanks
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

hi again,

I just received our original documents back.

In the post I had also included photocopies of all originals but they have returned photocopies as well as original - Is that normal as I thought they might have kept the photocopies with them?

Also they have even returned the application form and appendix form as well as the sponsor's passport and ILR copies that I had included as well sponsors's photo- is that normal?

many thanks
Yes, others have reported that they received all their documents back before getting notification of the outcome of their application.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I appreciate they send documents back before decision has been made.

My question was that is it normal to have received the photocopies of documents back as well since I expected them to only return the originals?

Also they returned my (sponsor's) passport size photos as well as my passport and ILR copies. I thought they will hold these back too?

So was just wondering if the above is normal
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:24 am

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I appreciate they send documents back before decision has been made.

My question was that is it normal to have received the photocopies of documents back as well since I expected them to only return the originals?

Also they returned my (sponsor's) passport size photos as well as my passport and ILR copies. I thought they will hold these back too?

Yes, it’s normal.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You did make yourself clear. By 'all documents' I meant, all documents (including photocopies, passport etc)
Old Nov 8th 2018, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

okay. many thanks.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I rang the premium line of UKVI to get a status update. They said the system says it is "currently awaiting decision".

Is that just a generic response or do you think an ECO is currently looking at it? Anyone else received similar response?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.