British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   spouse visa timeline query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/spouse-visa-timeline-query-919048/)

bookerw100 Nov 6th 2018 9:07 am

spouse visa timeline query

Hi

Does the timeline of application for spouse settlement visa start from date biometrics are taken in the home country or the date the documents are received at Sheffield?

Also does one get notified once Sheffield has received the documentation - I only have proof that royal mail delivered it.

cheers

BritInParis Nov 6th 2018 5:26 pm

Re: spouse visa timeline query

Normally it’s deemed to be from the date of your biometrics. You won’t necessarily get an acknowledgement of receipt.

bookerw100 Nov 7th 2018 9:43 am

thanks.

I read on the timeline thread, a lot of people have commented that they got "your online application has been received at UKVI" , I was wondering if that is for when you attend the VFS centre or when they receive the documents in Sheffield as I didn't get either.

Also the online account still shows " Next Step - Print application " even though application is already submitted - does this not change?

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...8a8fb75fbf.png

BritInParis Nov 7th 2018 9:49 am

Presumably your wife did give her biometrics?

bookerw100 Nov 7th 2018 9:50 am

yes she gave her biometrics. Then i posted the documents from the UK.

em28 Nov 7th 2018 9:52 am

Originally Posted by bookerw100 (Post 12589545)
thanks.

I read on the timeline thread, a lot of people have commented that they got "your online application has been received at UKVI" , I was wondering if that is for when you attend the VFS centre or when they receive the documents in Sheffield as I didn't get either.

Also the online account still shows " Next Step - Print application " even though application is already submitted - does this not change?

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...8a8fb75fbf.png

I only received the "application received" email a couple of weeks after I had submitted the application. Quite variable timing for this email from what I've seen on the forum.
I had paid for text message updates from VFS - and I received a text when they sent my passport to the embassy in the country of application (it's held there until a decision is made).

The status on the visa4uk website doesn't change. Mine looks just like what you've posted (even after I received the visa).

BritInParis Nov 7th 2018 9:53 am

I wouldn’t sweat it. The procedures vary for each country so this needs to be taken into account when comparing yourself with others.

bookerw100 Nov 7th 2018 10:22 am

oh ok thanks for the responses.
Yes I too paid for the VFS text alert and did get the same text regarding dispatch.

bookerw100 Nov 8th 2018 10:07 am

hi again,

I just received our original documents back.

In the post I had also included photocopies of all originals but they have returned photocopies as well as original - Is that normal as I thought they might have kept the photocopies with them?

Also they have even returned the application form and appendix form as well as the sponsor's passport and ILR copies that I had included as well sponsors's photo- is that normal?

many thanks

spouse of scouse Nov 8th 2018 10:12 am

Originally Posted by bookerw100 (Post 12590161)
hi again,

I just received our original documents back.

In the post I had also included photocopies of all originals but they have returned photocopies as well as original - Is that normal as I thought they might have kept the photocopies with them?

Also they have even returned the application form and appendix form as well as the sponsor's passport and ILR copies that I had included as well sponsors's photo- is that normal?

many thanks

Yes, others have reported that they received all their documents back before getting notification of the outcome of their application.

bookerw100 Nov 8th 2018 10:22 am

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I appreciate they send documents back before decision has been made.

My question was that is it normal to have received the photocopies of documents back as well since I expected them to only return the originals?

Also they returned my (sponsor's) passport size photos as well as my passport and ILR copies. I thought they will hold these back too?

So was just wondering if the above is normal

BritInParis Nov 8th 2018 10:24 am

Originally Posted by bookerw100 (Post 12590169)
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I appreciate they send documents back before decision has been made.

My question was that is it normal to have received the photocopies of documents back as well since I expected them to only return the originals?

Also they returned my (sponsor's) passport size photos as well as my passport and ILR copies. I thought they will hold these back too?

Yes, it’s normal.

spouse of scouse Nov 8th 2018 10:29 am

Originally Posted by bookerw100 (Post 12590169)

You did make yourself clear. By 'all documents' I meant, all documents (including photocopies, passport etc)

bookerw100 Nov 8th 2018 10:35 am

okay. many thanks.

bookerw100 Nov 19th 2018 2:48 pm

Hi

I rang the premium line of UKVI to get a status update. They said the system says it is "currently awaiting decision".

Is that just a generic response or do you think an ECO is currently looking at it? Anyone else received similar response?