PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:45 pm
  #16  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,222
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Potentially things like old British passports issued to your father to show a paper trail.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:48 pm
  #17  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 20
adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Potentially things like old British passports issued to your father to show a paper trail.
oh yes you are correct. I had submitted his first British passport that was issued 1984 and as well as his new passport. Guess they just needed to see how he got it. Hence the reason why they requested for the certificate.
adegboyegababashola90 is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:52 pm
  #18  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,222
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Originally Posted by adegboyegababashola90
oh yes you are correct. I had submitted his first British passport that was issued 1984 and as well as his new passport. Guess they just needed to see how he got it. Hence the reason why they requested for the certificate.
Okay, then the certified copy should suffice by itself.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:53 pm
  #19  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 20
adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Okay, then the certified copy should suffice by itself.
okay thank you Brit’s. Will keep posted
adegboyegababashola90 is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2023, 9:12 am
  #20  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 20
adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Hello brits, i'm here again . I have just received my fathers certificate of registration as a British citizen (1974) from the national archive. However, i notice on the certificate there is no SECTION number. All i can see is name, certificate number, HO reference, date issued, place of birth and address. I would want to know if this is okay or does it mean before the 1981 nationality ACT; there was nothing like SECTIONS numbers ON CERTIFICATES ? i'm a bit skeptical about this as i have searched online, and i'm seeing section number on recent certifcates.
adegboyegababashola90 is offline  
Old Feb 26th 2023, 1:55 pm
  #21  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,222
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Originally Posted by adegboyegababashola90
Hello brits, i'm here again . I have just received my fathers certificate of registration as a British citizen (1974) from the national archive. However, i notice on the certificate there is no SECTION number. All i can see is name, certificate number, HO reference, date issued, place of birth and address. I would want to know if this is okay or does it mean before the 1981 nationality ACT; there was nothing like SECTIONS numbers ON CERTIFICATES ? i'm a bit skeptical about this as i have searched online, and i'm seeing section number on recent certifcates.
Without seeing it I cannot give you a definitive answer but I would submit it to HM Passport Office and let them decide whether it is sufficient or they require further evidence.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Apr 30th 2023, 1:10 am
  #22  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 20
adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Hello Expat group. I'm here again, and I need clarification on my passport application.

My student BRP card will expire at the end of MAY, whilst I'm waiting for a decision on my passport application.

My question is; Do I need to apply for a graduate route visa or hold on until I decide on my application?

adegboyegababashola90 is offline  
Old May 2nd 2023, 12:02 pm
  #23  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,222
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Originally Posted by adegboyegababashola90
Hello Expat group. I'm here again, and I need clarification on my passport application.

My student BRP card will expire at the end of MAY, whilst I'm waiting for a decision on my passport application.

My question is; Do I need to apply for a graduate route visa or hold on until I decide on my application?
Interesting dilemma. If you’re a British citizen then you don’t require any visa to remain in the UK and any UK visa you hold or apply for is null and void. On the other hand if you’re not a British citizen then you remain in the UK beyond the expiry date of your existing visa without applying for another one means you will become an overstayer and would be subject to deportation proceedings.

On balance however it appears you are indeed a British citizen and therefore I would simply wait for your passport to be issued. Bear in mind however that you need to remain in the UK until you receive it.
BritInParis is offline  
Old May 3rd 2023, 9:47 pm
  #24  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 20
adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Okay, thank you. You have been more than helpful on this platform. You are a GEM 💎
adegboyegababashola90 is offline  
Old May 15th 2023, 12:10 pm
  #25  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 20
adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Good news, guys, My passport has been approved and printed. Thanks for the emotional and written support here. This platform is more than helping raise hopes for a positive and honest response. I would always and surely recommend it to fellow ex-pats. Cheers. Thank you @paris
adegboyegababashola90 is offline  
Old May 15th 2023, 8:07 pm
  #26  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 18,222
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Originally Posted by adegboyegababashola90
Good news, guys, My passport has been approved and printed. Thanks for the emotional and written support here. This platform is more than helping raise hopes for a positive and honest response. I would always and surely recommend it to fellow ex-pats. Cheers. Thank you @paris
BritInParis is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.