PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Old Jan 27th 2023, 12:47 am
Just Joined

adegboyegababashola90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Hello all,

i have applied for my passort around nov 7th. money was deducted and I got a message saying its in process. However after some weeks I tried tracking the application but the system keep saying not found. whilts emailing the customer support they said my application has been replaced with a new application number which they are not telling me the reasons behind this. Can anyone explain to me what it means. i still have gotten my passort and all documents was submitted. Today 26th of January, I received the same message saying my application has been received and it will take around 10 weeks for it to be processed. I'm a bit confused now as to this. All documents was submitted including DNA test from an approved center. I currently live in the uk.
Old Jan 27th 2023, 2:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Sounds like an admin error. Nothing much to do but wait for a decision.
Old Jan 27th 2023, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION UNDER DESCENT (FATHER)

Thank you for the response. My thought was it might be because i'm currently studying in the UK. Also, my lawyer made a mistake applying for a passport via nationalization and submitting my father's documents as well. When I got to know that it was a wrong application, I then went ahead to pick up a form at the post office myself and attached all necessary documents to it.

So my fear now is, I hope it wont be delayed and also, me still being on a student visa; does it has anything to do with this admin error you suggested ?.

A clearer conversation would be appreciated. Kudos to this platform. its what I have been looking for all while.
Old Jan 27th 2023, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

I first submitted on nov 7th. its been more than 10 weeks now.
Old Jan 27th 2023, 2:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly is your entitlement to a British passport?
Old Jan 27th 2023, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

My father got naturalized in the uk before i was born in the year 1974 . And got married to my mother in 1987. Both his parent are from Nigeria. I was born in 1990.

He was naturalised under his own right and not having a British parent.
Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:13 pm

But you’re currently in the UK on a student visa in your Nigerian passport?
Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I'm currently in the UK on a student visa with my Nigerian passport
Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I'm currently in the UK on a student visa with my Nigerian passport
Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:21 pm

If the two application forms have been submitted for you then the first has probably been cancelled in favour of the second if that has the correct information hence the change of application number.
Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

okay thank you brrits, i will update on the thread so as others with same errors could learn of the outcome.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Hello Brits,

I just got a correspondence from the HMP. Saying I should provide my father's naturalization certificate. However, he had lost it. My question is can I use a certified copy I will be getting from the national archive as his naturalization certification to prove how he got his British passport?

A response would be great as I have ordered a certified copy.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 10:44 pm

HMPO should accept it but they may require you to provide additional documentation as it will not be the original.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Like what additional documents do you think they might request for. I have submitted a DNA test and also he got his certificate of naturalisation when the HO haven't started issuing online. so on their site, they said I should go to archive and requested for a certified copy of the certificate and that's the only way I could get it since the original is lost.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

If you became a citizen on or before 30 September 1986

You can search the National Archives and order a certified copy for a:
  • registration certificate issued between 1 January 1949 and 30 September 1986
  • naturalisation certificate issued between 1 January 1844 and 30 September 1986
You cannot get a replacement certificate from UKVI if you became a British citizen before October 1986. Contact UKVI for help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.