Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision made

Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision made

Old Jun 30th 2018, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

crafty8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision ma

This party boat is getting busy! I'm on 101 days now.
Last week I rang my MP's team. They told me to just wait, they will not escalate again. (will need a campaign against him on the next election!)
Rang the UKVI line, 15 days was over with no contact, they said they will escalate again....
I also submitted a complaint here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/out...omplaints.html I have nothing to loose now. Just want them to hurry up with the decision!

Before your timeline was removed by admin, i saw you sent you documents again, why was that? @dannigao
Old Jun 30th 2018, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision ma

Originally Posted by crafty8

Before your timeline was removed by admin, i saw you sent you documents again, why was that? @dannigao
I was 5 month pregnant, when we submitted my husband’s application in December 2018. We thought the process would be finished before the end of March. Unfortunately it was not.

My due day was the 9th of May. Before that, we hoped the decision would be made before my due day, but it still was not.

Our baby son was born on the 10th of May.

I sent my baby son’s Original Birth Certificate, Coped Maternity Certificate and Support Letter from the Health Visitor as addition documents to UKVI voluntarily.A friend suggested me to add those documents into my husband's application.I just hope the addition documents can help to make the process quicker.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

I also submitted a complaint here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/out...omplaints.html I have nothing to loose now. Just want them to hurry up with the decision!
I just submitted my complain by the link again. Thank you so much for your information.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

crafty8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right I see, thanks for the information. I wonder if they would have even noticed!
So do you think this is the reason for the delay? I assume it may not even affect your husband's application, as you are the sponsor, and your new born baby is British.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Right I see, thanks for the information. I wonder if they would have even noticed!
So do you think this is the reason for the delay? I assume it may not even affect your husband's application, as you are the sponsor, and your new born baby is British.
I don't know the delay reason (I really wish I know). I just try things which might help.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Usernotfound is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I'd chime in.
application made mid jan, NSF email in april. Have escalated twice and contacted MP but have gotten the same useless answer. Approaching 120 days with frustration increasing day by day. Hope all receive a response soon!
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 9:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dannigao
I don't know the delay reason (I really wish I know). I just try things which might help.
According to your previous posts, you've applied from China? And your employer has been phoned, which means fraud is suspected. Both good reason for an application to take longer than a straightforward one I'm afraid, I don't think it's anything more complicated than that. I suspect they're just doing extra checks to make sure everything is genuine, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Hope you hear something soon.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Sgur is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also waiting for my decision on spouse visa since november.It has been 156 working days and no answer. I hope we should have the answer soon.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sgur
I am also waiting for my decision on spouse visa since november.It has been 156 working days and no answer. I hope we should have the answer soon.
Have you tried MP/escalations?
Only response we've had is it application is being considered, this was 2 months ago
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 10:19 am
Just Joined

I have escalated , and involved mp as well..The only reply was that home office have completed checks and it is waiting eco approval.Just wondering how much time they will take to get the decision done. When did you applied?
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sgur
I have escalated , and involved mp as well..The only reply was that home office have completed checks and it is waiting eco approval.Just wondering how much time they will take to get the decision done. When did you applied?
I fail to see how it can take so long for checks, think they just sit on applications on purpose.
we submitted application in 2 week of jan and biometrics were in 3rd week
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 10:27 am
Just Joined

I think, as far as my application is concerned, they are just delaying for no reason. I hope we should get our answer soon
Old Jul 6th 2018, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

nerner is an unknown quantity at this point

I summited the application form (non priority) on 22 March 2018. Still waiting....
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by acd214
I am applying from Jamaica, have not called or emailed to escalate because I think it is a way of extracting more money with not much help. Have not contacted MP, I just think ukvi does what it wants when it wants although we have paid a lot of money
are you intending on contacting your MP?
agree with you that UKVI does what it wants but might be worth asking MP if you've not had any update since NSF email?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

This party boat is getting busy! I'm on 101 days now.
Last week I rang my MP's team. They told me to just wait, they will not escalate again. (will need a campaign against him on the next election!)
Rang the UKVI line, 15 days was over with no contact, they said they will escalate again....

Hi crafty8

May I know have you got any reply from UKVI about your compliant?

We got an email from UKVI today about our complaint.Mainly,they say as the following:

Based on the information available, I am unable to uphold your complaint.

While I understand that this is not the response you would like, we remain unable to give an indication as to when your application will be concluded. I should clarify that while we aim to conclude such applications within our published service standard, this is not possible in all cases. In some cases, additional enquiries or checks may be required and in these circumstances, we cannot conclude an application until these have been completed.

I can confirm, however, that the information that has been provided in relation to Ms Gao's current medical condition has been escalated to the casework team, with a request that your application be completed as a matter of priority. Based on this, we will aim to conclude your application as soon as it is possible to do so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.