Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision made

Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision made

Old Jun 22nd 2018, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision made

Hi all,

I applied on February 27th, Biometrics on March 2nd and i am still waiting for a reply. Received a non straightforward email on the 57th working day. I have also escalated twice. Received an email on the 12th of June to say it is in the final stages and a decision will be made soon. Does anyone know what soon is?
Any information on this will be appreciated
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

crafty8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision ma

Hi, I'm in the same boat. Bio 5th Feb, and got the not straightforward email on day 59. Today is day 96.
I have escalated several times via email and phone. Have contacted MP, and will push them next week to do more.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Non straightforward cases anyone? From late Feb/early March. Still no decision ma

Originally Posted by crafty8
Hi, I'm in the same boat. Bio 5th Feb, and got the not straightforward email on day 59. Today is day 96.
I have escalated several times via email and phone. Have contacted MP, and will push them next week to do more.
Wow! Unbelievable! Im on day 80 today. Has your mp contacted them as yet? I just managed to get my mp involved too and im hoping he does something as soon as. There’s no one to contact in this situation that is the worse part. I don’t know what else to do..
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs Rose

Wow! Unbelievable! Im on day 80 today. Has your mp contacted them as yet? I just managed to get my mp involved too and im hoping he does something as soon as. There’s no one to contact in this situation that is the worse part. I don’t know what else to do..
I've been dealing with the MP's case worker. They have emailed the HO 3 week ago, but still waiting for a response. So it havent been that helpful so far.
Did your other half or their employer receive a call from HO for further checks? We did not.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

I've been dealing with the MP's case worker. They have emailed the HO 3 week ago, but still waiting for a response. So it havent been that helpful so far.
Did your other half or their employer receive a call from HO for further checks? We did not.
Thats not good. Is it a case where they just haven’t replied to your mp?
where are you applying from?
we are applying from Jamaica. And no, we haven’t received any calls from them. My employer also hasn’t received any calls from them. So I honestly don’t know what’s taking them this long.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Thats not good. Is it a case where they just haven’t replied to your mp?
where are you applying from?
we are applying from Jamaica. And no, we haven’t received any calls from them. My employer also hasn’t received any calls from them. So I honestly don’t know what’s taking them this long.
Yeh they havent replied to my MP. We are applying from Manila.
So we are in a very similar position. I don't have a clue.
I would like to think if there was a point for a refusal, our applications would be decided and refused by now.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Yeh they havent replied to my MP. We are applying from Manila.
So we are in a very similar position. I don't have a clue.
I would like to think if there was a point for a refusal, our applications would be decided and refused by now.
I would like to think the same thing. Unless its a case where they have our application sat on a desk waiting to be looked at again. Have you passed your travel date as yet?
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

I would like to think the same thing. Unless its a case where they have our application sat on a desk waiting to be looked at again. Have you passed your travel date as yet?
Waaaaay past our intended travel date. I dont think they take those dates into consideration anyway!
Old Jun 26th 2018, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, application submitted on the 30th of October 2017 Biometrics done the same day. Received email on the 7th of November that documents were received in Sheffield. On January 23rd got the non straight forward email,have not heard anything since 165 days and counting
Old Jun 26th 2018, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by acd214
Hi all, application submitted on the 30th of October 2017 Biometrics done the same day. Received email on the 7th of November that documents were received in Sheffield. On January 23rd got the non straight forward email,have not heard anything since 165 days and counting
Gees that's very long! How many times have you escalated to UKVI? have you involved your MP?
Which country are you applying from?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 1:03 am
Just Joined

acd214 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am applying from Jamaica, have not called or emailed to escalate because I think it is a way of extracting more money with not much help. Have not contacted MP, I just think ukvi does what it wants when it wants although we have paid a lot of money
Old Jun 27th 2018, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

You are not wrong there, my MP's team has been useless so far.
Regarding the escalation, I like to think for that cost, if there is a small chance they could hurry up, then i would pay. But i know what you mean.

Btw does anyone here know if you can ask for your passport back in mid decision making?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

gtr01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also submitted an application around 30th October 2017, non-priority. I have escalated numerous times to no avail. MP unable to do anything (or has not tried). I have now written a complaint to the home office regarding with regards to the delay and lack of feedback. Around 6% of all non-priority applications exceed the 120 working day timeline. So I am one of the unlucky ones. I have no idea how much longer it might take, but hopefully the response on the complaint can shed some light on it, they are required to respond within 20 working days.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

gtr01 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are not wrong there, my MP's team has been useless so far.
Regarding the escalation, I like to think for that cost, if there is a small chance they could hurry up, then i would pay. But i know what you mean.

Btw does anyone here know if you can ask for your passport back in mid decision making?
I believe some application centers have an option to do this as I have seen people recently opting to do it on the forum, however mine did not. I have not tried to get it back, but i would be interested if it is something that can be done.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gtr01
I also submitted an application around 30th October 2017, non-priority. I have escalated numerous times to no avail. MP unable to do anything (or has not tried). I have now written a complaint to the home office regarding with regards to the delay and lack of feedback. Around 6% of all non-priority applications exceed the 120 working day timeline. So I am one of the unlucky ones. I have no idea how much longer it might take, but hopefully the response on the complaint can shed some light on it, they are required to respond within 20 working days.
Hi gtr01

We are in the same boat.

127 working days and counting

MP has already been involved,but his team has been useless.

I have made a compliant by email [email protected] on the 15th June, now I am waiting for the reply (should be before 13th July). If I still remain unsatisfied on the 13th July, I am going to Ombudsman.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 30th 2018 at 8:09 pm. Reason: Timeline removed - it’s not needed & we try to keep them in the timelines thread, this one is for chat/questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.