Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

Old Mar 26th 2016, 12:41 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

Originally Posted by Faasi
Thankx adi for helping and I apologise that I disturb you every time. I have one another question. That an eea national can work without N.I number or not? Do the employers offer work without n.i number and later can be provided to employer when the person gets one. Or employers need n.i number before strting of ny job. Please guide me
You don't need to provide an NI number to start work but you will need to provide proof of the right to work in the UK. Not providing an NI number straight away will mean that you pay emergency tax on earnings until it is provided.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Adi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankx adi for helping and I apologise that I disturb you every time. I have one another question. That an eea national can work without N.I number or not? Do the employers offer work without n.i number and later can be provided to employer when the person gets one. Or employers need n.i number before strting of ny job. Please guide me
Dont worry you are not disturbing me. About NI number it really depends upon employer. You can work without this for a month but its better to get one asap. My wife is working without one but she is not getting paid until she will get NI number. But like I said you can work without it you have 1 month time to apply for it because employer prefer workers with NI number.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Adi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You don't need to provide an NI number to start work but you will need to provide proof of the right to work in the UK. Not providing an NI number straight away will mean that you pay emergency tax on earnings until it is provided.
Exactly! but unfortunately in my wife's case its not working like this. Employer is not ready to pay until she will recieve it and it has been almost 5 weeks my wife didnt recieve her NI number yet.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 12:58 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adi008
Exactly! but unfortunately in my wife's case its not working like this. Employer is not ready to pay until she will recieve it and it has been almost 5 weeks my wife didnt recieve her NI number yet.
Your wife's employer should not be withholding pay on the basis that she has not supplied an NI number. Pay should be paid when due, and all an employer needs to do is to keep a record of relevant info. However, if your wife has already applied, she could try phoning to get the number so she can get paid.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Faasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankx a lot . I really appreciate adi for such a informative forums and guys like old sparkles who helped other. Can any body tell me that registration certificate issued to qualified eea national can be applied by premiuim service or not . I know that eea family member residence card can't be applied as premiuim service but if my wife gets the registration certificate by premiuim service then I think it will be also mich easier and quicker to get eea family residence card. Is it true ? Do any body know about this?
Old Mar 26th 2016, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Your wife's employer should not be withholding pay on the basis that she has not supplied an NI number. Pay should be paid when due, and all an employer needs to do is to keep a record of relevant info. However, if your wife has already applied, she could try phoning to get the number so she can get paid.
Thanks for the help. We are planning to call next week Tuesday to check what's going on. I wonder if it's ready will they give her the number on phone instantly?
Old Mar 26th 2016, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thankx a lot . I really appreciate adi for such a informative forums and guys like old sparkles who helped other. Can any body tell me that registration certificate issued to qualified eea national can be applied by premiuim service or not . I know that eea family member residence card can't be applied as premiuim service but if my wife gets the registration certificate by premiuim service then I think it will be also mich easier and quicker to get eea family residence card. Is it true ? Do any body know about this?
If you mean premium service by applying in office personally? then your wife can I think. If this is not what you meant then Im not sure about it :/
Old Mar 26th 2016, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

If you mean premium service by applying in office personally? then your wife can I think. If this is not what you meant then Im not sure about it :/
Hello adi. Yes some how u r right means going to office personally and get thr result on the same day..not waiting for even one day.. ukba give possiblity to decide cases like family visa , business visa and possibly all visa which lie under u.k law to use premium service and make decision in one day and give result on the same day when it is applied. I am concerned about our cases bcz we are under EEA law rather rhan u.k law. So can my wife use this to get registration certificate on the same day .. thankx
Old Mar 26th 2016, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the help. We are planning to call next week Tuesday to check what's going on. I wonder if it's ready will they give her the number on phone instantly?
Well today I called the number mentioned in home office website for N.I number as I told that I forgot mine. I asnwered all the questions like date of birth .adresses where I lived at that time etc. I asked for n.i number in fone they refused and said that they will send letter in home and cannt tell on phone. I think they will also say u the same but its good to call them bcz may be every person they deal separately
Old Mar 26th 2016, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hello adi. Yes some how u r right means going to office personally and get thr result on the same day..not waiting for even one day.. ukba give possiblity to decide cases like family visa , business visa and possibly all visa which lie under u.k law to use premium service and make decision in one day and give result on the same day when it is applied. I am concerned about our cases bcz we are under EEA law rather rhan u.k law. So can my wife use this to get registration certificate on the same day .. thankx
She can use the service for sure I checked it. Im not sure about getting it the same day. They did mentioned generally they give decision on same day.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Well today I called the number mentioned in home office website for N.I number as I told that I forgot mine. I asnwered all the questions like date of birth .adresses where I lived at that time etc. I asked for n.i number in fone they refused and said that they will send letter in home and cannt tell on phone. I think they will also say u the same but its good to call them bcz may be every person they deal separately
Possible I may get different answer. Ill for sure call and check, we will see what happens.

Last edited by Adi008; Mar 26th 2016 at 8:20 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, I just want one information if my wife(EEA national) wants to apply in premium centre for registration certificate does she need passport? she only have her national ID card with her. Passport is mandotory?
Old Mar 26th 2016, 11:36 pm

Hi there, I just want one information if my wife(EEA national) wants to apply in premium centre for registration certificate does she need passport? she only have her national ID card with her. Passport is mandotory?
Requirement for registration seems to be passport OR national ID card so she should be okay.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 8:57 am
Just Joined

She can use the service for sure I checked it. Im not sure about getting it the same day. They did mentioned generally they give decision on same day.
Premium service means to get answer in one day or may be on the second day if case is little complex . Other wise who will pay 500 pounds extra
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Premium service means to get answer in one day or may be on the second day if case is little complex . Other wise who will pay 500 pounds extra
I know but I think they are giving in 1 day usually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.