British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/my-experience-applying-getting-eea-family-permit-868158/)

Adi008 Nov 18th 2015 8:06 pm

My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

Hi everybody,
Im a non-eu citizen married to eea citizen, here i'll tell my experience with applying and getting eea family permit so it can guide/help others who are applying for it.
I applied for my eea family permit in Warsaw Poland UK embassy, and the documents I submitted are here below:
1.My passport 2. Marriage certificate 3.Screenshots from facebook to show my relationship beginnings 4.Photos(including marriage photos) of us(my wife and me) with my family and my wifes family 5.My wife's passport(to show her visa entries coming to me) 6.My wife's id card copy 6.proof of Cohabitation (letter from my father in law stating we're living in his apartment) 7.Bus/train/plain tickets of us travelling together 8.Cover letter(which is really important and should be written or signed by eea national)
These were the documents i gave and after a week or some we had a phone call from embassy which was an interview for us Asked questions to us were following below:

1.About family(Name of my parents in law, my wife's siblings, professions of my parents in laws, wife's siblings)
2.How we met for first time(you've to describe them your full story about this)
3.About the marriage ceremony(like how much people attended, how much it costed?,place,date of marriage)
4.Education of my spouse and mine(they'll ask which uuniversity your spouse got degree something like that)
5.Our Future plans in uk(I told study and work)
almost same question will be asked to your eea spouse also so they can test you both about your relationship it's better not to lie about anything. ;)
After all of this procedure i got my eea family permit to UK.
Ofcourse i got much help from this forum members especially from britinparis. :)
I hope this will be helpful to those who are applying for eea family permit.
Thank you for reading :)

nishants85 Nov 19th 2015 3:56 am

Re: My experience with applying and getting EEA FAMILY PERMIT!

Hi Adi,

I have been searching for post since last few days to understand the overall EEA application process. I found many comments on the forums and got really confused on the actual process.. and what documents need to be submitted to the embassy for this permit. Your post is really very helpful and I will follow the same approach.

I have been staying with my wife in India since last 6 months and I am planning to apply for an EEA family permit in the month of January (travel plan is for June with my wife). It is getting very difficult for her to adjust here. Have asked for an intra company transfer.. but it is very difficult.

I have few questions, if you could help me with. They are:-
1. Did you submit any financial proof?
2. Do you need to submit the location in UK where you intend to stay?
3. I was working in the UK on a work permit 2 years back, that's where I met my life partner :). Will it be helpful in the application?
4. Is it required to submit the chat history.. or facebook status?

I am planning to apply in India itself.

Thanks a lot again for your help :)

Regards,

Nishant

Adi008 Nov 19th 2015 10:43 am

Hi Nishant,
I'll answer your questions
1.Yes,I submitted previous 6 months of bank slips (i gave my wife's bank slip as i was depending on her) In your case if you've joint account you can show the bank slips or both of yours bank accounts slip

2.Actually you dont have to in the form they'll ask you to fill it I gave London depends on you which place you want to stay in England.

3.Yes mentioning about that you were working in England and about describing them how you met your life partner will be big deal.Make sure mention it in cover letter and try to give docs to show that you were working in UK for 2 years.

4.Submit both status, chat history, pictures (I gave all of them) in word doc i gave, depends on how you want to present it. :)

Since you told me that you both are living in India for 6 months give them tenancy agreement to show that you're living together, before this also if you both were living together give the proof for that also it'll be big plus. :)

My Pleasure :)

nishants85 Nov 20th 2015 2:07 am

Hi Adi,

Thanks a lot for your help :)..
I will will start to arranging the documents.

I also have plans to apply for a Polish resident permit (once I reach there on a tourist visa). Lets see how it goes.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks again .

Regards,

Nishant

Adi008 Nov 20th 2015 7:52 am

Hi Nishanth,
Im also Indian with Polish wife and getting polish residence card(karta pobytu) may take a lengthy time more than 2 months ago I have applied and still waiting for decision to come.
Good luck for you hope everything will go good :)

mikelincs Jan 10th 2016 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 11833400)
Brother u also gave them copy of ur karta pobytu?

You need to contact admin and get them to change your user name, e mail addresses are not allowed in order that you don't receive loads of spam e mails.

[email protected] Feb 19th 2016 1:27 pm

Hello brother
I am also Indian. I want to know that the interview was conducted on phone or in embassy ?

mikelincs Feb 19th 2016 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 11872657)
Hello brother
I am also Indian. I want to know that the interview was conducted on phone or in embassy ?

Please contact admin to change your username, e mail addresses are not allowed, it's for your own good as otherwise the spambots could pick it up and ypou might well be deluged with spam e mails.

Faasi Feb 23rd 2016 10:14 am

Hello adi thankx so much for help . I have somw queations . When u applied eea permit in poland what date you mentioned for going . I mean I saw ur posts u apploed on 19 october whoch date u wrote on forms to go to england. And one secone thing that your interview was on fone or they invited you to embassy. If it was on fone then they called u and ur wofe separately or they talk at the same time with you both. Please help me I am also ue country fellow and one last thing how many days later your interview was taken afyer submitting application. Thanx

Faasi Feb 23rd 2016 10:20 am

Hy adi008 thanks for creating this blog and helping others . I want to ask that which date you mentioned in your application form to go to uk I saw from your posts that you submot ypur application om 19 october I want to know that what date you wrote on your application to depart to u.k and your interview was taken on phone or they invited you to embassy. And after how many days they took your interview. If its was on phone then they call you and your wife separately or at the same time on yhe same phone call they took interview of both of you.
Thankx

alchemy Mar 20th 2016 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Faasi (Post 11876392)
Hello adi thankx so much for help . I have somw queations . When u applied eea permit in poland what date you mentioned for going . I mean I saw ur posts u apploed on 19 october whoch date u wrote on forms to go to england. And one secone thing that your interview was on fone or they invited you to embassy. If it was on fone then they called u and ur wofe separately or they talk at the same time with you both. Please help me I am also ue country fellow and one last thing how many days later your interview was taken afyer submitting application. Thanx

hello faassi i want to answer you about the date it depends on you whe you want to go to uk and about interview it should be in the embassy anyway im gonna apply too for an eea just i was reading these forum and i want answer you according to my knowladge i hope you goin well in poland i'm too in pl right now if you need a help let me know :)

Adi008 Mar 20th 2016 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Faasi (Post 11876399)
Hy adi008 thanks for creating this blog and helping others . I want to ask that which date you mentioned in your application form to go to uk I saw from your posts that you submot ypur application om 19 october I want to know that what date you wrote on your application to depart to u.k and your interview was taken on phone or they invited you to embassy. And after how many days they took your interview. If its was on phone then they call you and your wife separately or at the same time on yhe same phone call they took interview of both of you.
Thankx

Really sorry for replying lately.
On october 19 2015 I had interview and I got call back from them almost after 2 weeks. yes it took on phone. I told them we only have one mobile number to talk so they talked with us but not together. It was seperately. I have mentioned the questions they asked in interview in post.
Good luck for you. cheers. :thumbup:

Adi008 Mar 20th 2016 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by alchemy (Post 11900784)
hello faassi i want to answer you about the date it depends on you whe you want to go to uk and about interview it should be in the embassy anyway im gonna apply too for an eea just i was reading these forum and i want answer you according to my knowladge i hope you goin well in poland i'm too in pl right now if you need a help let me know :)

Hi there,
They really dont much care about the date you mention about going to uk. Just write a number a month ahead befor you apply. Good luck with your application.
cheers :thumbup:

alchemy Mar 20th 2016 12:04 pm

Hey Adi008 hope you enjoying your stay in uk :) id like to ask you if is not bothering you
actually i have similler case like you and i'v gotten my karta pobytu for one year just im with my wife in her parents home 4 months did we can apply right now for EEA is not problematic? because we're staying short in poland ?

Adi008 Mar 20th 2016 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by alchemy (Post 11900805)
Hey Adi008 hope you enjoying your stay in uk :) id like to ask you if is not bothering you
actually i have similler case like you and i'v gotten my karta pobytu for one year just im with my wife in her parents home 4 months did we can apply right now for EEA is not problematic? because we're staying short in poland ?

Hi alchemy,

You don't bother me. You can easily apply in British Embassy in Warsaw. When I applied I was in Poland for 3 months and didn't have my Karta Pobytu yet so it should not be a problem for you. Just make sure you have required documents which I mentioned in the post.