Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Apr 16th 2018, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Larry_blac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by tidal
Today is working day 60 of my priority spouse visa application (biometrics done on Jan 15, documents received Jan 16). I received the usual "your application is not straightforward" email March 15th, and have heard nothing since.

I'm wondering what everyone's experience is with contacting the call center to escalate cases. They say that this can take up to 15 working days to process, is this seemingly always the case?
Are there any instances of a priority visa actually taking more than ~60 working days (is it possible that it could go up to the maximum 120 days)? I haven't seen any that took more than 65-66 working days in the timelines.

I'm getting anxious about it at this point, but I really don't know that contacting them is the best course of action, or if that could possibly just slow things down more.
I got the same mail as well. On 30th of March. Crazy how you have to pay alot of money only to experience this type of service - it's really really bad.
If I have to pay alot of money then I should be able to get a corresponding service.

Have you heard anything so far. I had issues with visa subcategory but I guess it's been fixed now.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

tidal is an unknown quantity at this point

I did use the call center to escalate my case on Thursday, April 12th (working day 61), but have not heard back yet. I'm crossing my fingers that something will dislodge this week. I did not see many applications in the timelines that went beyond 65 days as priority, so here is hoping.

Good luck with your application!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I'm new here.
Applied for my husband's spouse visa (standard) on 26th December 2017 and he did the biometrics on 28th December 2017.

Sent all documents to Sheffield on 2nd January 2018.

Received all documents back on 24th January 2018.

On 20th March 2018, it was the 60 working days, received the email about your application has not been straightforward.

On 22nd March 2018, Home Office called me and one of my employer (have two part time jobs) and asked some questions.

Yesterday, sent email to my local MP to try to get help from him.

Today is 79 working days.

I am 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and my due day will be the 9th of May 2018. I have booked a caesaren operation to give birth to our baby on the 10th of May 2018.

Really really hope Home Office Sheffield decision center to make the decision as soon as possible, so my husband can have the chance to see our baby born, and to enjoy the most important moment for us and for our baby in life.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Arshe is an unknown quantity at this point

I did my biometrics on Feb 26.2018
I received the "your online application has been received email" on march 5th. Then I got the same email just yesterday April 16? Just wondering why is that? And if anyone got that email twice?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

SophiaSheraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Did they comment at all about why the 'priority' service doesn't seem to be a priority at all?

Sophia
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SophiaSheraz
Hi,

Did they comment at all about why the 'priority' service doesn't seem to be a priority at all?

Sophia
The only message is that the application hasn't been straightforward.

It's not specific and can mean alot of things.
What I don't appreciate is how a non straightforward application will be way out of the priority service deadline. It shouldn't be so. And if at all the priority money should count for something - at least maybe a better message giving specific details of the issue.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

takhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have exactly the same dates of my application process as Dannigao. My wife (sponsor) and employer also had a telephone interview and asked questions about work and relationship. We were told that our application will now be sent to decision making center. Its been 3.5wks now and have not heard anything.

We have sent an email to the MP Office to follow up on the case and find out the status. They promised that they will get in contact with UKVI next week. So lets see.

Old Apr 20th 2018, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by takhtar
Hello,

I have exactly the same dates of my application process as Dannigao. My wife (sponsor) and employer also had a telephone interview and asked questions about work and relationship. We were told that our application will now be sent to decision making center. Its been 3.5wks now and have not heard anything.

We have sent an email to the MP Office to follow up on the case and find out the status. They promised that they will get in contact with UKVI next week. So lets see.

Hi takhtar

It seems we are experiencing same things.

I sent email to MP on Monday 16th Apr 2018, and got his reply yesterday as following:

''Thank you for your email of 16 April, which has been passed on to me by xxxxx MP as I am the MP for the constituency in which you live.

I am being very cautious in my response to you as I don’t want to raise expectations. Home Office target dates for visa applications are not reliable indicators of when a specific application will actually be decided. These are targets and not a guarantee; every case is different.

I understand your worries however and I will write to the Home Office to see if we can get a better indication of when this application is likely to be decided.

If in the meantime the Home Office get back to you directly or have any further information, please contact my office.

Yours sincerely''

And I also paid £5.48 to sent an email to the Home Office contact center yesterday and received the reply:
''Thank you for the information you have provided.

We escalated your case to the relevant department on 19/04/2018.

You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Pam

UK Visas and Immigration''

I tried what I can do, and the rest is praying.

Good luck for everyone who are waiting for their spouse visa.

Last edited by Dannigao; Apr 20th 2018 at 4:08 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

SophiaSheraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larry_blac
The only message is that the application hasn't been straightforward.

It's not specific and can mean alot of things.
What I don't appreciate is how a non straightforward application will be way out of the priority service deadline. It shouldn't be so. And if at all the priority money should count for something - at least maybe a better message giving specific details of the issue.
It's my first experience of a forum so apologies if I've not attached to the right place or another silly mistakes!! :S

I sent the application pack to Sheffield (Priority-husband) on the 29th of March.. husband completed biometrics on the 3rd of April. The documents were sent back from Sheffield yesterday (19th April).

I was hoping the priority decision would be that... a priority... but after reading forums I'm thinking this might not be the case - The HO seems to be a pain and not very helpful, from what I have read

This forum has been a great help and I'm glad I came across it.

Sophia
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SophiaSheraz
It's my first experience of a forum so apologies if I've not attached to the right place or another silly mistakes!! :S

I sent the application pack to Sheffield (Priority-husband) on the 29th of March.. husband completed biometrics on the 3rd of April. The documents were sent back from Sheffield yesterday (19th April).

I was hoping the priority decision would be that... a priority... but after reading forums I'm thinking this might not be the case - The HO seems to be a pain and not very helpful, from what I have read

This forum has been a great help and I'm glad I came across it.

Sophia
Since your documents are on the way, you might just have to wait for the message saying a decision has been made. Although in very rare cases, some messages are generated in error; but overall you seem to be in a good position.

All the best
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. We applied for my husbands (usc) visa in Feb. We are all living together in the usa during this process so heartfelt sympathy to all those having to go through this process apart.
I just have a few qs:
Is the 60days from date on online app, biometrics or when they received documents?
I've read that some ppl collect their passports from centre after decision has been made? Is thus true of most cases? If so, what is the point in paying all that money for courier service??
Our supporting documents were delivered at beginning of march as stated by tracking however, we havent actually got an email from visa center to say theyve received the. Should we be worried?
Thanks!!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cca123
Hi all. We applied for my husbands (usc) visa in Feb. We are all living together in the usa during this process so heartfelt sympathy to all those having to go through this process apart.
I just have a few qs:
Is the 60days from date on online app, biometrics or when they received documents?
I've read that some ppl collect their passports from centre after decision has been made? Is thus true of most cases? If so, what is the point in paying all that money for courier service??
Our supporting documents were delivered at beginning of march as stated by tracking however, we havent actually got an email from visa center to say theyve received the. Should we be worried?
Thanks!!
1. the timeline starts from the date the biometrics was done.

2. The courier service is a value added service, so the default is for you to pick up the passport at the centre. It is paid at the time of appointment. Contact the tls for your country to see if you can still pay for it.

3. I think you should contact
a. The courier service to follow up on the delivery and if the documents were sent as visa application docs and if they were delivered appropriate.
b.The ukvi to escalate the issue and be sure they have it.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larry_blac
1. the timeline starts from the date the biometrics was done.

2. The courier service is a value added service, so the default is for you to pick up the passport at the centre. It is paid at the time of appointment. Contact the tls for your country to see if you can still pay for it.

3. I think you should contact
a. The courier service to follow up on the delivery and if the documents were sent as visa application docs and if they were delivered appropriate.
b.The ukvi to escalate the issue and be sure they have it.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Im just confused because, on the vfs courier label we put our address so wouldn't it go there?
Also, ive read ppl receiving their supporting docs back shortly after sending but weve never got ours back? Somebody did say though that it depends on country you're applying from so maybe its that?
Thanks!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

SoonerinDevon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Im just confused because, on the vfs courier label we put our address so wouldn't it go there?
Also, ive read ppl receiving their supporting docs back shortly after sending but weve never got ours back? Somebody did say though that it depends on country you're applying from so maybe its that?
Thanks!
Hey there, if you are applying from the US, your time starts when your application is received on Sheffield. You also don't pick up your passport/docs, they will be sent back to you using the return shipping label you included with your application.

Good luck!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks!
My bad I forgot to add that the process varies from one country to the other. state your country so that people can advise you better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.