Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Dec 5th 2017, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by gaja00
My wife got an email today from TLS Contact that a decision has been made on her application. Just waiting for the collection email / text message. It's going to be a long weekend.
My wife collected her passport today and she got her visa! I've been all smiles since she told me. I don't know what we would have done if she got refused as she's been so down worrying about the delays and eventual decision, especially due to the mistake that was made with the settlement category. But thank God she got approved so all we have to do now is get her over here in time for the holidays.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on here for your support and well wishes. It was really comforting coming on here and seeing everyone advising each other and even celebrating one another. I wish those still waiting on a decision every success with your applications. Stay strong and stay blessed.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gaja00
Congratulations! Wonderful news for you..and even better on your wife’s birthday! Maybe they timed it that way Really happy for you buddy.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Pkbxi
Massive congratzz
Thank you - hope you hear soon.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

sassceeme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
VISA APPROVED! Alhamdulillah! 64 business days, 2 days short of 3 months since Biometrics. I'm so over the moon, it feels like I have a new lease on life! To everyone waiting, your time will be coming soon. Whatever you do, don't contact HO at all. Save the money. Thank you to everyone for the support and keeping me sane. Can't wait for the reunion.
Can you share the format of what the email that you received from UKVI telling you that your via application had been decided? Did it have a Ref number on it or just your GWF number? I just received my decision made email and it said I could track my documents via the courier service I hired and Im desperate to know if there are any clues in the decision made email as to weather its an approval?
Old Dec 6th 2017, 3:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassceeme
Can you share the format of what the email that you received from UKVI telling you that your via application had been decided? Did it have a Ref number on it or just your GWF number? I just received my decision made email and it said I could track my documents via the courier service I hired and Im desperate to know if there are any clues in the decision made email as to weather its an approval?
This has come up a few times but unfortunately there are no clues in the emails. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This has come up a few times but unfortunately there are no clues in the emails. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
Hopefully not, just received a email from UPS as I requested updates when my package is scanned etc. I paid for the 2 day international delivery so it took exactly 36 hours for it to arrive in Sheffield back in August so maybe this Friday I will know my fate. Feeling sick right now, sigh.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Pkbxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.

Thank you - hope you hear soon.
My mrs recieved her Visa last month. She is here now with me in the UK
Old Dec 8th 2017, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

And just got my package delivered, and inside was my Visa !!! Never been happier !!! I can't tell you how many hours I have spent reading all your posts, I thank everyone for posting and keeping my spirits up xx
Old Dec 8th 2017, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to me like there hasn't been that many visas processed in the last week, going by recent forum activity. Lets hope they get their finger out and get a lot more processed between now and Christmas!
Old Dec 10th 2017, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

claraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my Decision email this morning from TLS Contact. Sunday seems like a miracle day to me. Trusting God for a positive result. Good luck to me.
Old Dec 10th 2017, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by claraz
Got my Decision email this morning from TLS Contact. Sunday seems like a miracle day to me. Trusting God for a positive result. Good luck to me.
Good luck!
Old Dec 10th 2017, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thanis90
Aww, I'm sure you'll be able to make it up to her when you're both finally together.

Holidays and stuff are the hardest when you're apart! I've not actually seen my husband since May 2016... We decided against holidays because anytime we met up before that, we were essentially using money we could have used for savings to meet the arbitrary requirements set out by the home office and the visa fee etc
Hi Thanis, I don't mean to be rude but when an ECO is looking at an application one of the conditions they are looking to be satisfied about is a genuine and subsisting relationship so surely it is important to prove that the partners in the marriage have taken steps to visit one another in their home countries. After how long apart can an intimate relationship continue to be seen as such and not begin to be seen as something closer to friends who just correspond with each other (in the eyes of the decision maker)? Again I'm not meaning to sound rude, and I apologise if I come across as being that way, but I would imagine that not visiting each other for periods of time such as you mention would not be a very positive thing when making an application and there are questions in the application which ask about frequency of visits with each other and the last time you were together etc.
Old Dec 10th 2017, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Invisible
Hi Thanis, I don't mean to be rude but when an ECO is looking at an application one of the conditions they are looking to be satisfied about is a genuine and subsisting relationship so surely it is important to prove that the partners in the marriage have taken steps to visit one another in their home countries. After how long apart can an intimate relationship continue to be seen as such and not begin to be seen as something closer to friends who just correspond with each other (in the eyes of the decision maker)? Again I'm not meaning to sound rude, and I apologise if I come across as being that way, but I would imagine that not visiting each other for periods of time such as you mention would not be a very positive thing when making an application and there are questions in the application which ask about frequency of visits with each other and the last time you were together etc.
Thanks for your input.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

VISA APPROVED! Alhamdulillah! 64 business days, 2 days short of 3 months since Biometrics. I'm so over the moon, it feels like I have a new lease on life! To everyone waiting, your time will be coming soon. Whatever you do, don't contact HO at all. Save the money. Thank you to everyone for the support and keeping me sane. Can't wait for the reunion.
Congratulations, great news!
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

claraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Collected my passport this morning and Visa granted. All thanks to God.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Collected my passport this morning and Visa granted. All thanks to God.
Congrats! Did you apply from Lagos or Abuja?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.