Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
I am trying to jump on the back of the momentum to ask the question in order to establish a pattern of why we and who is waiting.

If anybody else who has received the same email today can confirm whether or not their UK sponsor is self employed that would help bring some sense to this wait.
Received the same email and my uk sponsor is self employed
Old Oct 30th 2017, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

It was almost impossible for Sheffield to process the 100's of thousands of application before or on 31st October - looks like many people will still be left waiting. Proper disgrace this. They mess up, yet the applicants have to sit and wait!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 30th 2017 at 2:23 pm. Reason: Removing swear word
Old Oct 30th 2017, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Esni6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to jump on the back of the momentum to ask the question in order to establish a pattern of why we and who is waiting.

If anybody else who has received the same email today can confirm whether or not their UK sponsor is self employed that would help bring some sense to this wait.
Sponsor is not self employed
Old Oct 30th 2017, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by MA17
Keep checking tls trucker.
Hi Buddy
I have a question, when you received your visa, does the visa 4 u site change from inactive to granted?
Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hi Buddy
I have a question, when you received your visa, does the visa 4 u site change from inactive to granted?
It does not change at times, there has been quite a few applicants that have received the visa and the tracker did not update.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Has there not been an increase in settlement applications from existing EU residents in the UK as a result of Brexit? If yes, Could this also not contribute to the delays?
Perhaps but existing Europeans do not need to apply in order to remain here unless they are applying because they have a UK spouse.

The larger majority of Europeans will not be having a UK spouse so I doubt this is cause of the current delays.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j4v3d
It does not change at times, there has been quite a few applicants that have received the visa and the tracker did not update.
Thanks Javed.
It’s nerve racking waiting another knowing the result.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I have to disagree with that, Mike. The delay in processing visas is down to the processing of settlement visas being brought on-shore without adequate numbers of trained staff to process them, and also the Court ruling.
Absolutely nothing to do with the people who voted for or against Brexit.
But I guess the majority of those who voted 'leave' had voted for the conservatives at the general election.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Minho86
Thanks Javed.
It’s nerve racking waiting another knowing the result.
Have you had the decision made email? If so, good luck! Fingers crossed all goes well for you.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

That seems to be a common fault with visa sites, they are not updated in any sort of timely fashion, it's not confined to the UK.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
But I guess the majority of those who voted 'leave' had voted for the conservatives at the general election.
They're probably regretting that decision now.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

That seems to be a common fault with visa sites, they are not updated in any sort of timely fashion, it's not confined to the UK.
Definitely not confined to the UK.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Have you had the decision made email? If so, good luck! Fingers crossed all goes well for you.
Yeh buddy.
They sent email stating passport ready for collection for the processed application.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for the Conservatives since 2005 but voted remain in the Brexit vote.

The reason I choose to remain was neither side could present a detail account of what the future would look like with the UK outside the EU. Without being informed I cannot make a decision that would be out against what is familiar, known and established with being inside the EU.

I don't think Brexit has any conditioning on the current delays and reiterate it's down to transformation of bringing the work in house again that has caused the long waits in receiving a decision.

Would I vote for the Conservatives again though? No, and this isn't because of being a directly impacted by public sector cut backs in the Home Office but mainly after 8 years of austerity I am beginning to see it bite across society as a whole.

The NHS front line services and local council measures all designed on saving money whilst working on reduced budgets as a citizen I am beginning to see the differences.

Taxes have not reduced they have increased, not on income but across the board through dividend, property, sales etc whilst salaries of most have stalled.

We are beginning to see the current government effectiveness deteriorate. They need to loosen the purse strings again because cutting back can only be done for a limited time before people start to build a grievance.

Slightly off topic from the thread but I simply do not agree Brexit is a reason why are suffering from the delays.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps but existing Europeans do not need to apply in order to remain here unless they are applying because they have a UK spouse.

The larger majority of Europeans will not be having a UK spouse so I doubt this is cause of the current delays.
You're right, majority won't have Brit spouses.
am thinking their Brit children could give them route to settlement. If this is correct, and you add it to the minority with Brit Spouses, the figure could be in the thousands maybe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.