Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Hello 90 + please confirm if any of us heard anything especially April aaplicants. Thank you
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Canuck001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hi there! No I have not had any updates. Hoping that October 31 is relevant to all of us!

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

After emailing HO about escalation on Oct. 9, this is what I got;

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.

Thank you for providing the information needed to escalate your enquiry, you will be contacted within 20 working days. Your reference number is 17xxx4-0xxxx1.

Day 33 after bio, last email said 30 days for priority instead of 60
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pminette
Hi everyone,
My husband and I have been in this limbo for 1.5 years now. It has been an absolute nightmare. I have a teacher with experience in London, and have a job waiting for me upon arrival. We were rejected last year for not having our savings in a good enough savings account. For this second application, we have been waiting 70 business days( applied from Toronto Canada).

Our lawyer seems to not be hearing anything from his "boss" though we ask him weekly for updates. Our mp had been saying since august that he has messaged the HO to inquire, yet we still have yet to hear anything. We are getting beyond frustrated and it's to the point where I feel as though I am screaming for help but no one is listening. We are now thinking of just paying to contact the HO via email
Or phone. What are people's experiences in this? Is it worth it?!

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.
If I were you, do it on your own, than waiting for your Mp or lawyer to inquire about the status of your application. It is better to send email than calling base on my experience.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We're both waiting (80th working days) for that ever elusive spouse visa although we don't have the same case, I know how it feels to be frustrated, angry, worried and go crazy with the wait and uncertainty of this application.

I can definitely say that this visa application has made me get to know my husband and myself more, I now consider it as both a blessing and a curse.. lol!

In my case, my husband doesn't want to give the HO another reason to extort money from him by paying for a call or email from which he knew that 90% of the answer he'll get is an automated one designed to answer a question without really giving any information and or addressing his main concern.

He tried sending an email to the British Embassy Manila and thankfully got a reply, but he is setting up a meeting with his MP and my mother-in-law too is thinking of booking an appointment to see her MP. And if I ever get refused, I'm being told that alot of his friends and people we've met from church are going to send a letter of complaint or do whatever they can to show that they aren't happy with the refusal I will get.

At this point, I don't know if that will really help at all, make a difference or the right thing to do.

Reading a post here from someone who finally got their visa despite having a record/being in trouble with the immigration has made me hope again.

Let's keep the faith my friend and hope for a positive outcome =)

Originally Posted by Pminette
Hi everyone,
My husband and I have been in this limbo for 1.5 years now. It has been an absolute nightmare. I have a teacher with experience in London, and have a job waiting for me upon arrival. We were rejected last year for not having our savings in a good enough savings account. For this second application, we have been waiting 70 business days( applied from Toronto Canada).

Our lawyer seems to not be hearing anything from his "boss" though we ask him weekly for updates. Our mp had been saying since august that he has messaged the HO to inquire, yet we still have yet to hear anything. We are getting beyond frustrated and it's to the point where I feel as though I am screaming for help but no one is listening. We are now thinking of just paying to contact the HO via email
Or phone. What are people's experiences in this? Is it worth it?!

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by b813
I finally got a big fat YES today!!!!!
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by KG8478
Passport collected: 10 October 2017 - VISA GRANTED!.
Awesome, Congratulations!
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

It’s day 102 for us. My MP received a personal response from HO stating they are dealing with our application as priority and wrote that my wife will receive a decision soon and dealt as priority. It was a personal email stating my wife’s name etc and other details. Do you think this is something positive or just another excuse? We did receive that automatic email 2 weeks ago about 31st October aim for decision etc.
Any advice?
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

This is definatly a positive sign for you...i am sure your MP put pressure on them
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MA17
This is definatly a positive sign for you...i am sure your MP put pressure on them
Thanks buddy much appreciated.. but sounds like more issues after reading not straight forward part hmm
Old Oct 11th 2017, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hi guys,

It’s day 102 for us. My MP received a personal response from HO stating they are dealing with our application as priority and wrote that my wife will receive a decision soon and dealt as priority. It was a personal email stating my wife’s name etc and other details. Do you think this is something positive or just another excuse? We did receive that automatic email 2 weeks ago about 31st October aim for decision etc.
Any advice?
Hi ya,
I assume your MP's response from the home office was via email. When did your MP wrote to the HO & when did they reply?
I'm asking because my wife wrote to MP last week & MP replied that she has contacted the HO but no reply yet.
Thanks.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a site for check visa application made OUTSIDE the UK and a US applicant? Or are we limited to phone calls only?
Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2017, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Minho86
Thanks buddy much appreciated.. but sounds like more issues after reading not straight forward part hmm
Not at all dont worry
Old Oct 11th 2017, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MA17
Not at all dont worry
Thanks buddy
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

I've kind of lost track of how many days. I thinks it's about 97 - no more news other than that our application seems to be at the Beijing embassy.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Oluwacommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KG8478
Visa : Settlement - Husband (Ghana - Priority)
Date application submitted Online - 19 July 2017
Date Bio-metrics taken: 24 July 2017
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield: 26 July 2017
Documentation received by UKVI: 27 July 2017
Email Confirming Application at UK Decision Making Centre: 25 July 2017
Office processing visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline: 2(10 working days)- 12 weeks(60 working days)
Decision made notification email: 09 October 2017- 54working days
Email to collect passport from centre: 10 October 2017
Passport collected: 10 October 2017 - VISA GRANTED!
Supporting document return: Awaiting

Total business days between documents received at DMC to passport collection: 55 working day

#Jesus answers prayers.

For those still waiting - Don't give up. Had a bad immigration history- Overstayed -refused 5 times whilst in the UK. Detained twice. Accepted to return voluntarily in June 2017 after being detained again. Applied again as a spouse and in July in Ghana and finally got my visa. Seek proper legal advice and make the correct application with all the appropriate documents. Prayed lots. Waiting is hard but keep holding on and you will come through. God is good.
So happy for you.. Congratulations
Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
Hi,

We're both waiting (80th working days) for that ever elusive spouse visa although we don't have the same case, I know how it feels to be frustrated, angry, worried and go crazy with the wait and uncertainty of this application.

I can definitely say that this visa application has made me get to know my husband and myself more, I now consider it as both a blessing and a curse.. lol!

In my case, my husband doesn't want to give the HO another reason to extort money from him by paying for a call or email from which he knew that 90% of the answer he'll get is an automated one designed to answer a question without really giving any information and or addressing his main concern.

He tried sending an email to the British Embassy Manila and thankfully got a reply, but he is setting up a meeting with his MP and my mother-in-law too is thinking of booking an appointment to see her MP. And if I ever get refused, I'm being told that alot of his friends and people we've met from church are going to send a letter of complaint or do whatever they can to show that they aren't happy with the refusal I will get.

At this point, I don't know if that will really help at all, make a difference or the right thing to do.

Reading a post here from someone who finally got their visa despite having a record/being in trouble with the immigration has made me hope again.

Let's keep the faith my friend and hope for a positive outcome =)

I agree with so much that you've said! We have tried with our mp though and nothing had come from it which is why we are thinking about paying ( which we tried to avoid for so long) for the email. What's another 5 pounds on top of the thousands we have already spent ha ha! It's crazy what we are having to do for love! You are right in that we need to have faith! Thank you so much for your kind reply!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.