Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by chandni
Hi Lovely people
Kenyan applications get processed where?
I was told Pretoria, South Africa...What number do we call for inquiry? Please help.
No, currently ALL applications are processed in Sheffield UK. they may outsource some to other places, but the number you have to call is the UK one.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No, currently ALL applications are processed in Sheffield UK. they may outsource some to other places, but the number you have to call is the UK one.
The emailed I got didn't say Sheffield. Also I have fellow Kenyans who said that their visa just got processed in Pretoria 2-3 months back. As well as a friend from Tanzania.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Sorry, but they do NOT know who you voted for, the ballot is totally secret, yes you may have told them you voted for them, but you could just be saying that, there is NO PROOF, maybe everyone who asks for their help says that they voted for them, but I bet they didn't. Ask for an appointment tpo see the MP at their next surgery, they have to hold them so that's where to go to meet them.
How they know i didnt tell them but on their compaign they noted my name and said i am voting for the present MP and they took a note. Well i could say nothing if i wanted not to but for me it was OK to say. I will call again today and ask wheb thr next surgery and book an appointment.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzyc
Hi, my application has been escalated on Sep 7th and the decision has been made on Oct 2nd. So, the escalation did work for me. Fyi.
Did they send you another email with more info about the status of your application after the email that says your case has been escalated to the relevant department and before the one with the decision made?
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:01 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
How they know i didnt tell them but on their compaign they noted my name and said i am voting for the present MP and they took a note. Well i could say nothing if i wanted not to but for me it was OK to say. I will call again today and ask wheb thr next surgery and book an appointment.
So it was that they made a note that you would be voting for them, but there is no proof that you did. I tell every candidate I meet, Yes, I will be voting for you, even though I have totally no intention of doing so, it just screws up their statistics.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

The applications from Turkey also receive results recently. I've seen many on a Turkish forum.
Do you think Turkish application have been treated in Turkey or by sheffield?
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

So it was that they made a note that you would be voting for them, but there is no proof that you did. I tell every candidate I meet, Yes, I will be voting for you, even though I have totally no intention of doing so, it just screws up their statistics.
Hahaha i think i was too honest but today they let us know except few of them.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:40 am
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am141
Did they send you another email with more info about the status of your application after the email that says your case has been escalated to the relevant department and before the one with the decision made?
I've called them to ask about the escalation to confirm if it has really been escalated. They have had confirmed that it had been escalated and I would be informed about the decision within 20 working days. And they did what they have promised.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:41 am
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Do you think Turkish application have been treated in Turkey or by sheffield?
Still by Sheffield.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Still by Sheffield.
Thanks at least i know they are working and didnt shut sheffield office...grrrr i am sick of waiting
Old Oct 10th 2017, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleurdeleaving
Hiya,

I also applied from Toronto(priority). Biometrics on July 26th. Non-straightforward email October 5th. Only a handful of Canada applications about but luckily around the same ish time as me so I've been watching with baited breath for them to hear back.

I follow the timelines on the British expat section of expatforum and the priority and non priority threads on uk-yankee. Sorry, apparently I can't post url links yet.

I hope this helps!
Hi! My biometrics were July 6 non priority. Thank you for your suggestion- I'm going to see if I can find those forums!
Old Oct 10th 2017, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Canuck001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pminette
That definitely sounds like a human response! I am interested to hear what they say to you next. I also applied from Toronto. My
application was done July 6th and I've had very limited contact with HO.
I did not pay for priority so I am curious to see if it will make a difference for your application! Thank you for your post!

After the last email from HO, I did reply on Monday Oct. 9 with regards to her requirements. Waiting for a response now. Will update if escalation started at all
Old Oct 10th 2017, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
My husband has tried to email the British Embassy Manila and asked for the status of my application prior to arranging a meeting with his MP.

Luckily, they've replied and said that my application is still being assessed by an ECO in Sheffield and is moving forward.

Praying and hoping that there's a positive outcome to my application, as well as for those who are still waiting like me.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
Hello all,
My husband has tried to email the British Embassy Manila and asked for the status of my application prior to arranging a meeting with his MP.

Luckily, they've replied and said that my application is still being assessed by an ECO in Sheffield and is moving forward.

Praying and hoping that there's a positive outcome to my application, as well as for those who are still waiting like me.
Good day. I’m from philippines too. Can you share the British Embassy email add pls? Thank you
Old Oct 10th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shielacity
Good day. I’m from philippines too. Can you share the British Embassy email add pls? Thank you
Hi,

I'm sorry, don't know their email since my husband is the one who emailed. I'll ask hubby later when he gets home from work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.