How you pay for visa dn NHS fee

Old Aug 19th 2018, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

aesthetic_noogin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How you pay for visa dn NHS fee

Hi,

We'll soon be applying for an EXTENSION to my wifes spouse visa. Nowhere in the family visa pages does it say anything about the NHS fee? www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

I'm assuming this will need to be purchased as part of the application?

And lastly, do they accept mastercard *credit* card when paying for your visa?

Thanks!
Old Aug 19th 2018, 9:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How you pay for visa dn NHS fee

Originally Posted by aesthetic_noogin
Hi,

We'll soon be applying for an EXTENSION to my wifes spouse visa. Nowhere in the family visa pages does it say anything about the NHS fee? www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Sure it does: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immi...n/family-visas

I'm assuming this will need to be purchased as part of the application?
You assume correctly.

And lastly, do they accept mastercard *credit* card when paying for your visa?

Thanks!
Yes you can.

How can you pay?
You must pay by one of the methods specified below.
• Cheque (postal applications only)
• Postal Order (postal applications only)
• Credit card - Visa (including Electron), MasterCard or American Express (Amex)
• Debit card - Delta, Maestro* (including Solo)
• Banker’s draft (payable to the Home Office) (postal applications only)
* Maestro - we will only accept Maestro cards issued in the UK.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

aesthetic_noogin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, didn't realise the NHS info was on the parent page. Appreciated!
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

So if you are applying for the spouse visa extension by post then why do you have to pay the IHS on-line? Why not pay at the same time as paying the £1,000+ visa fee? My reason for asking is that, when trying to apply on-line using the correct website and providing my wife's original visa application details, they were not recognised and the process stopped, hence my decision to apply by post instead. The need for an on-line IHS payment is causing me grief. Surely the NHS has a separate website for this payment and which recognises the IHS number already obtained from the original application.

Last edited by mentalist; Aug 22nd 2018 at 4:31 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 10:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
So if you are applying for the spouse visa extension by post then why do you have to pay the IHS on-line? Why not pay at the same time as paying the £1,000+ visa fee? My reason for asking is that, when trying to apply on-line using the correct website and providing my wife's original visa application details, they were not recognised and the process stopped, hence my decision to apply by post instead. The need for an on-line IHS payment is causing me grief. Surely the NHS has a separate website for this payment and which recognises the IHS number already obtained from the original application.
The IHS is administered by the Home Office, not the NHS. Sorry to hear you had problems with the online application; like most IT issues trying to offer salient advice without being present proves to be very difficult.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Brit in Paris, in Post 2 above, you list the ways to pay the IHS, which includes by cheque (postal applications only). So presumably I can enclose a cheque when submitting my wife's visa extension application form by post. Should the cheque be made payable to the Home Office or the NHS?
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Nasera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mentalist
Brit in Paris, in Post 2 above, you list the ways to pay the IHS, which includes by cheque (postal applications only). So presumably I can enclose a cheque when submitting my wife's visa extension application form by post. Should the cheque be made payable to the Home Office or the NHS?
Those are methods of payment for the spouse visa you are applying for, not the IHS charge.

When applying by post you need to pay the IHS online and write the reference number you are given on the application form.
If you don't pay beforehand then they write to you requesting payment within 10 days. I wouldn't risk that and just pay beforehand.

All the information is in the link that BritInParis gave.