British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   How you pay for visa dn NHS fee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/how-you-pay-visa-dn-nhs-fee-916269/)

aesthetic_noogin Aug 19th 2018 8:26 pm

How you pay for visa dn NHS fee

Hi,

We'll soon be applying for an EXTENSION to my wifes spouse visa. Nowhere in the family visa pages does it say anything about the NHS fee? www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

I'm assuming this will need to be purchased as part of the application?

And lastly, do they accept mastercard *credit* card when paying for your visa?

Thanks!

BritInParis Aug 19th 2018 9:25 pm

Re: How you pay for visa dn NHS fee

Originally Posted by aesthetic_noogin (Post 12551152)
Hi,

We'll soon be applying for an EXTENSION to my wifes spouse visa. Nowhere in the family visa pages does it say anything about the NHS fee? www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Sure it does: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immi...n/family-visas

I'm assuming this will need to be purchased as part of the application?
You assume correctly.

And lastly, do they accept mastercard *credit* card when paying for your visa?

Thanks!
Yes you can.

How can you pay?
You must pay by one of the methods specified below.
• Cheque (postal applications only)
• Postal Order (postal applications only)
• Credit card - Visa (including Electron), MasterCard or American Express (Amex)
• Debit card - Delta, Maestro* (including Solo)
• Banker’s draft (payable to the Home Office) (postal applications only)
* Maestro - we will only accept Maestro cards issued in the UK.

aesthetic_noogin Aug 20th 2018 3:57 pm

Ah, didn't realise the NHS info was on the parent page. Appreciated!

mentalist Aug 22nd 2018 4:29 pm

So if you are applying for the spouse visa extension by post then why do you have to pay the IHS on-line? Why not pay at the same time as paying the £1,000+ visa fee? My reason for asking is that, when trying to apply on-line using the correct website and providing my wife's original visa application details, they were not recognised and the process stopped, hence my decision to apply by post instead. The need for an on-line IHS payment is causing me grief. Surely the NHS has a separate website for this payment and which recognises the IHS number already obtained from the original application.

BritInParis Aug 22nd 2018 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 12552706)
So if you are applying for the spouse visa extension by post then why do you have to pay the IHS on-line? Why not pay at the same time as paying the £1,000+ visa fee? My reason for asking is that, when trying to apply on-line using the correct website and providing my wife's original visa application details, they were not recognised and the process stopped, hence my decision to apply by post instead. The need for an on-line IHS payment is causing me grief. Surely the NHS has a separate website for this payment and which recognises the IHS number already obtained from the original application.

The IHS is administered by the Home Office, not the NHS. Sorry to hear you had problems with the online application; like most IT issues trying to offer salient advice without being present proves to be very difficult.

mentalist Aug 23rd 2018 10:19 am

Brit in Paris, in Post 2 above, you list the ways to pay the IHS, which includes by cheque (postal applications only). So presumably I can enclose a cheque when submitting my wife's visa extension application form by post. Should the cheque be made payable to the Home Office or the NHS?

Nasera Aug 23rd 2018 11:00 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 12553136)
Brit in Paris, in Post 2 above, you list the ways to pay the IHS, which includes by cheque (postal applications only). So presumably I can enclose a cheque when submitting my wife's visa extension application form by post. Should the cheque be made payable to the Home Office or the NHS?

Those are methods of payment for the spouse visa you are applying for, not the IHS charge.

When applying by post you need to pay the IHS online and write the reference number you are given on the application form.
If you don't pay beforehand then they write to you requesting payment within 10 days. I wouldn't risk that and just pay beforehand.

All the information is in the link that BritInParis gave.