FLR questions

Old Jun 11th 2019, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR questions

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
My wife's initial visa expired in December last year and we submitted her FLR application in September, which was no problem.
Hey! good to hear from you. I remember you from 2016 and I think your wife's application was few months before mine. Thank you so much for your reply. It is making me feel much better.
Best regards,
Old Jun 11th 2019, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omario2016
Hey! good to hear from you. I remember you from 2016 and I think your wife's application was few months before mine. Thank you so much for your reply. It is making me feel much better.
Best regards,
Nice to catch up...time flies! If you go to this thread you will find some posts from me about the whole subject of FLR dates, hope it will be useful.

FLR.M (extension) application date

Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I am a British citizen and my wife is non EEA with her entry clearance expiring July 2019. I would really be grateful for some advice.

I work as a humanitarian and am currently away on an assignment since March 2019. My wife and daughter (British) are here with me. We are traveling back to the UK on 31st of May. We are about to begin the online application process and here are my questions: (We are meeting the financial requirements through savings)

1. Can we start filling in the online application form from abroad?

2. When do we choose the bio metric appointment?

3. I am aware that supporting documents can be uploaded (online if you are in the UK?), do we have to scan every single pages of our passports? I understand we can keep our originals?

4. We depend on the same savings we had when she applied for entry clearance, does this mean I have to submit the source of income from back then i.e. payslips 6 months prior to when she applied for entry clearance?

Thank you very much in advance!
Originally Posted by BritInParis
1. Yes.
2. After you submit your application.
3. Just the bio-data pages and you keep the original.
4. No, six months prior to this application’s submission date.
Just to make sure I have understood correctly, regarding the answer to question 4, if no longer have that job, do we still need to provide payslips?

FYI I wrote a short statement and I signed it to declare that the source of savings is from salary which we uploaded alongside supporting documents but I am just worried now whether we have to provide more evidence to show the source of savings? But as i said those savings are from more than 2 and half years ago so even if we provide payslips from then, they will be old i.e. not within the last 28 days as required.

thank you for your time in advance.

Last edited by omario2016; Jun 14th 2019 at 6:08 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jun 19th 2019, 11:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot. Here are the breakdowns so far:

Arrived in the UK on 17 November 2016 with entry clearance.
12 months from that (17.11.2017)= 0 days absence from the UK
12 months from that (17.11.2018)= 22 days absence from the UK
12 months from that (17.11.2019)= 90 days by the time she returns to the UK (31.05.2019).

So am I correct in thinking that from 31.05.2019 to 17.11.2019 she can still be absent from the UK for about 3 months without, it negatively affecting her ILR and citizenship?
Grateful for your input.
That sounds about right. Aiming to keep it to 90 days as a general rule is a good idea however in case of emergencies.

BritInParis could I double check that if one applies for FLR within the UK, you no longer need to send original and/or documents to Sheffield? also could you or anyone else look at the timeline I have mentioned in my last post in this thread and kindly comment? I would be very grateful for your time.
That’s right; your documents are now scanned and sent electronically. You can either scan them at home or pay £60 for the application centre staff to scan them for you.

Just started the online application and we are stuck here: (Please see below). My wife is here on soups visa (leave to enter), so do we choose 'Family' or 'Settlement' below?
Many thanks in advance for your help!

Your current permission to be in the UK

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK
Visit
Work
Study
Family
EEA residence permit or card
Settlement
Other
Family.

I have a question for which I would really appreciate some feedback:

Has anyone recently submitted a FLR application? Or does anyone know whether during biometrics appointment, you need to have the sponsor's passport and/or for the sponsor to be there too? I will be traveling when my wife has her biometrics. We are uploading all documents via the UKVCAS website and assumed that was sufficient but read somewhere on their website that even if you upload all the support documents, you need to have the originals with you during the appointment.....this obviously will not be possible for my passport....

This is making is rather nervous and stressed out. Can someone shed some light?

Best regards,
No, you don’t. You only need to upload a scan of the sponsor’s passport.

Hi everyone, just having a moment of panic as we think we may have submitted the application too early? My wife's souse visa expires on July 19th. We submitted the online application on June 7th and she has her biometrics appointment on 25th of June.

Can someone please help telling us if we submitted it too early? in other words, will her application be rejected? (that will be a waste of almost £2200!!

Many thanks in advance for any inputs.
You can apply at any time but applying too early means you may not reach a total of five years residence at the end of the second visa. Submitting six weeks out from the expiry date of your wife’s current visa is not a problem.

Just to make sure I have understood correctly, regarding the answer to question 4, if no longer have that job, do we still need to provide payslips?

FYI I wrote a short statement and I signed it to declare that the source of savings is from salary which we uploaded alongside supporting documents but I am just worried now whether we have to provide more evidence to show the source of savings? But as i said those savings are from more than 2 and half years ago so even if we provide payslips from then, they will be old i.e. not within the last 28 days as required.

thank you for your time in advance.
If you have £62,500 in cash savings held at or above that level for six months then you don’t need to show evidence of income. Just six months of bank statements and a declaration on the form about where the money came from. If it’s the same money as last time then just give the same answer.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

That sounds about right. Aiming to keep it to 90 days as a general rule is a good idea however in case of emergencies.

That’s right; your documents are now scanned and sent electronically. You can either scan them at home or pay £60 for the application centre staff to scan them for you.

Family.

You can apply at any time but applying too early means you may not reach a total of five years residence at the end of the second visa. Submitting six weeks out from the expiry date of your wife’s current visa is not a problem.

If you have £62,500 in cash savings held at or above that level for six months then you don’t need to show evidence of income. Just six months of bank statements and a declaration on the form about where the money came from. If it’s the same money as last time then just give the same answer.
Thank you for that!

We have actually uploaded all docs online but had no other option but to choose an appointment at UKVCAS which cost us £60. I wonder if we can ask them for (partial) refund as we have done everything ourselves hence no need for them to scan docs for us but just biometrics?

As for the sponsor's passport, would it be sufficient to scan and upload the biometrics page (photo page) or the all the pages of passport?

Last edited by omario2016; Jun 20th 2019 at 5:58 am. Reason: typo
Old Jun 21st 2019, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Zweeto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
I'm new to the forum. I would like information regarding what we need to apply for after being granted a 'leave to enter'. My partner and step son both are here in the UK now. Do we need to apply for a flr now? If so which flr it is M or FP?
Old Jun 21st 2019, 5:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that!

We have actually uploaded all docs online but had no other option but to choose an appointment at UKVCAS which cost us £60. I wonder if we can ask them for (partial) refund as we have done everything ourselves hence no need for them to scan docs for us but just biometrics?
There are paid for appointments and free appointments. The scanning service is an additional fee on top. It sounds like you just selected a paid for appointment.

As for the sponsor's passport, would it be sufficient to scan and upload the biometrics page (photo page) or the all the pages of passport?
Just the bio-data page is enough.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zweeto
Hi All
I'm new to the forum. I would like information regarding what we need to apply for after being granted a 'leave to enter'. My partner and step son both are here in the UK now. Do we need to apply for a flr now? If so which flr it is M or FP?

Yyou apply for FLR(M) if they entered on a normal entry visa

You need to prove financial, relationship and accommodation criteria as per the initial visa.

From earlier post it looks like you did not obtain entry visa until September 2018. So you won't be applying for the second visa until early 2021.

You obtained the first visa in September 2018? for 30 months? So you won't be applying for the second visa until early 2021.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jun 21st 2019 at 5:28 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Family.

There are paid for appointments and free appointments. The scanning service is an additional fee on top. It sounds like you just selected a paid for appointment.

Just the bio-data page is enough.
Superb! Many thanks!
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Zweeto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yyou apply for FLR(M) if they entered on a normal entry visa

You need to prove financial, relationship and accommodation criteria as per the initial visa.

From earlier post it looks like you did not obtain entry visa until September 2018. So you won't be applying for the second visa until early 2021.

You obtained the first visa in September 2018? for 30 months? So you won't be applying for the second visa until early 2021.

Hi
Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes my partner and step son were granted their visa September last year. I'm just gathering information for the second stage so we can prepare everything beforehand.
I have questions regarding the Flr application.
When and how do you apply for a Flr? Online or post
What documents do we need to submit with the application? Fingerprints, English speaking test??
My Partners BRP expires 7 days before my step son’s BRP, so I'm confused as to whether to put the application together or not as he's a dependent on my partner. I read somewhere that you apply 28 days before the expiry of your BRP is this correct?
Your advice would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Update and your urgent feedback is kindly needed:

we we received an email today from Home Office telling us the decision won’t be reached within 8 weeks period as they require more info(!).

Bit of background: my wife has applied for FLR (M) and we meet financial requirements through cash savings.

This is what Home Office asks: “
  1. Detailed bank statements covering the last 12 months, showing payment of income being relied upon in the application.
We have two questions;
1. While applying through cash savings, you only need to provide last 6 months bank statements which we had done. Why are they asking for 12 months?

2. We don’t have a problem in submitting 12 months worth of bank statements but it obviously delays the process (not due to our error?) and also even the 12 months bank statement will not show any income as she seems to expect it will show (see quote above)

We had clearly stated this savings is the same saving we had relied upon when my wife applied for her spouse visa in other words, money has been setting there for more than 2 and half years.....

We are not really sure what to do really. Shall we provide the 12 month bank statement and say that there is no income shown on it as money had been setting there for more than two years?

Or

before sending back, just reply to her email and ask for clarification as to is it the source of income they want to see or just 12 months bank statement?

Or

or does anyone have any other suggestions/comments?

Your ur prompt reply will be highly appreciated!
Best regards,
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:27 pm

I would reply saying that you are meeting the financial requirements wholly through cash savings not income and see what the response is.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much BritInParis

yes we replied saying that but added we have asked the bank for a 12 month bank statement and will scan and email it as soon as we receive it.

Now I am thinking maybe should have just said what you wrote....
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 4:59 pm

You don’t want them to refuse you under the wrong category. See if there’s a response in the meantime but I would go back again if there hadn’t been by the time you receive the bank statements.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

We had made it clear in our personal statements and had provided 6 months savings statement showing the funds in the application.

Also when we replied to their recent email, we clearly wrote once again to say that we meet the financial requirements through savings ....

it it really seems like they have misunderstood what otherwise a very straightforward application.

Lets see if and when they reply to our email while we await the bank statement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.