FLR.M (extension) application date

Old Oct 28th 2018, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

eslo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR.M (extension) application date

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask about the FLR.M (extension) timeline as my BRP will expire on February 2019.

In order to apply no more than 28 days before my BRP expiry date, what is the best time frame to apply online? I am asking this question because I am not sure whether the application date in considered when I create/submit the online form, when I pay or when I send the documents?

Many thanks

Last edited by eslo; Oct 28th 2018 at 1:32 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 2:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR.M (extension) application date

It’ll be from when you submit the online application. By the time you apply there’ll be a new system in place.

New process for applying for visas within UK
Old Oct 28th 2018, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’ll be from when you submit the online application. By the time you apply there’ll be a new system in place.

New process for applying for visas within UK
Thanks for your answer BritInParis
Which means the first applicants, including me, using the new system will be much a free beta testers ... hopefully will make life easier.

If you don't mind, I have another question regarding the best time to apply for FLR extension in order to avoid all risks and also a shortfall at ILR application.

My understanding is, I can apply once I have achieved 30 months from the date of my entry to the UK under Spouse Visa which was on the 27th of May 2016, which gives me 29 months stay as of today. And my BRP will expire on the 11th February 2019.

So, I can apply either after finishing the 30 months around the 27th November, OR up to 28 days before my BRP expiry date (roughly between 15th January and11th February 2019) which means 32 months stay before applying for FLR.

If both statements are correct. What would be the best option as I think that the second option gives me at least 32 months before applying, which gives me 2 additional months as a bonus but that delays my FLR, therefore my ILR by 2 months?!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Oct 28th 2018, 4:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You need 60 months for ILR. Your initial spouse visa is for 33 months if you applied from outside the UK; your FLR will be for 30 months as you are applying from within the UK. Personally I would apply about two weeks before the expiration of your current BRP. This will then give you nearly three months surplus time at the end of your next BRP to submit your application for ILR which could be useful.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

You need 60 months for ILR. Your initial spouse visa is for 33 months if you applied from outside the UK; your FLR will be for 30 months as you are applying from within the UK. Personally I would apply about two weeks before the expiration of your current BRP. This will then give you nearly three months surplus time at the end of your next BRP to submit your application for ILR which could be useful.
Thank you for your answer, very clear and direct.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

I thought earliest FLR(M) application could be 30 months less 28 days from spouse visa entry date?
Old Oct 28th 2018, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

My wife submitted her online FLR (M) application on 18 September and her new BRP was issued on 18 October with an the expiry date of 16 May 2021, which is just two days short of 31 months. II can't figure out why, is there something I have missed?
Old Oct 28th 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
I thought earliest FLR(M) application could be 30 months less 28 days from spouse visa entry date?
Correct.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
My wife submitted her online FLR (M) application on 18 September and her new BRP was issued on 18 October with an the expiry date of 16 May 2021, which is just two days short of 31 months. II can't figure out why, is there something I have missed?
Not enough information to comment but I wouldn’t worry if you have been given more time - it’s less time that becomes an issue.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Not enough information to comment but I wouldn’t worry if you have been given more time - it’s less time that becomes an issue.
Just to satisfy my curiosity, I called the Home Office number on the letter that gave the decision and they told me that a longer period than 30 months can sometimes be granted at their discretion. The person I spoke to said that it may be that the case officer added an extra 28 days to give my wife a wider window for her application for indefinite leave to remain. So it all seems fine...thanks again for your advice
Old Oct 29th 2018, 1:25 pm

Glad you got an answer. This is a good illustration of why it’s better to use that extra three months from the initial spouse visa to give yourself some leeway at the end of the process.
Old Oct 29th 2018, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Glad you got an answer. This is a good illustration of why it’s better to use that extra three months from the initial spouse visa to give yourself some leeway at the end of the process.
Yes...we have around 43 days' window as opposed to 13 if they had stuck to a 30 month extension. As it happens, we didn't have any leeway with the FLR application, but it was nice to see that the Home Office were flexible.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the very helpful exchanges above. If I may ask a question in relation to my wife's FLR. Her spouse visa was approved on 18th of October 2016 (her BRP has that date as start date). We entered the UK together on 17th of November 2016 (in hindsight should have entered ASAP but we were not able to for work reasons).

We submitted her online FLR application on 7th of June 2019, she has her biometrics on 25th of June. Based on my calculations in accordance to your discussions above, she falls short by 11 days of 30 months when she applied for FLR. If so, what this could potentially mean for her ILR application?

Once her FLR is approved, when is it likely to start from and how long would it be for?

Sorry for so many questions!
Old Jun 11th 2019, 7:01 pm

She’ll get 30 months from the date of decision. You shouldn’t have a problem getting her to 60 months based on what you’ve said.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

She’ll get 30 months from the date of decision. You shouldn’t have a problem getting her to 60 months based on what you’ve said.
I have benefited from your feedback since 2016 and I know many others have too. Many thanks! I believe her FLR duration will be at least for 30 months in that case? (to complete 60 months for ILR).

Last edited by omario2016; Jun 11th 2019 at 7:10 pm. Reason: typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.