Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Dec 31st 2015, 5:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by shakil.saif79
Hi BritInParis,

Many thanks for your email

Is it compulsory to first register births of my children with FCO in Pakistan.

Will it help in obtaining British Passport.

I currently have local birth certificate issued by goverment registered department in pakistan. it is in both languages i.e. urdu and english. will it be enough or FCO registered birth certificate is necessary. Also my children are 25 months old.

is there any age restriction in place to obtain british birth certificates.

kind regards,

M Shakil
Consular birth registration is not compulsory but it is useful to prove someone's entitlement to British citizenship. The birth is registered with the FCO in Milton Keynes, not Pakistan. It can help with obtaining a British passport after it is issued however it will likely take as long as applying directly for a British passport. More information is available on the wiki.

You will need a local birth certificate to apply directly for the passport and/or register the birth. However the local birth certificate will first need to be verified with the local authorities to make sure it is genuine. This can take several months. Providing your children are born after 1983 there is no age limit to registering their births.
Old Jan 1st 2016, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

shakil.saif79 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am currently in the UK where as wife and children are in pakistan. Wife and children have pakistani passport.

* Can i apply for children passport in the UK or i have to apply in PAKISTAN.

* if my wife applies in Pakistan, at VFS office do they need my original British passport and colour photocopy at the time of submission of application or they just need colour photocopy of my british passport? it will be difficult for me to send my british passport to Pakistan.
Old Jan 1st 2016, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

i am currently in the UK where as wife and children are in pakistan. Wife and children have pakistani passport.

* if my wife applies in Pakistan, at VFS office do they need my original British passport and colour photocopy at the time of submission of application or they just need colour photocopy of my british passport? it will be difficult for me to send my british passport to Pakistan.
i am not planning to visit pakistan in near future. what will happen if i send just colour photocopy of my British passport. Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

TM Q is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Burhan
No they did not give any idea about their next step and my interview was at sheffield. Dnt worry feel free to ask any thing i was in same situation about my son spplication. Thank God after one year i am at this position to share my experienc.
Burhan
Dear Burhan

Thank you so much for your assistance so far ,it seems that they will surely going to ask for the DNA ,I need your help if you can give me the names of labs given to you and the procedure to get the test done . Please check your mesage inbox for details.

Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your reply. i am currently in the UK where as wife and children are in pakistan.

Wife has pakistani passport so as children.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Jacejaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Every time i call.... the woman/man always say to me 'give me the application number' but they FAIL to realise!.... its an overseas British passport application... where you print off the forms (or do it online for certain countries) at the end of the day 'THEY DO NOT HAVE A BAR CODE NUMBER' How this man/woman on the phones get a job there is beyond me stupidity at it's finest... you would of thought you can give them your DHL or whatever post service you used tracking number to them... because a bar code number does not exist on overseas applications... and yet they believe they do 0_o i mean what the hell...??!

Must be another way to 'chase' this without a ref number you and me and everyone else who do a overseas application must have a way to check our progress......

You sent yours to durham? which country are you in now? i had to send mine off to Liverpool Via DHL

Here is the time estimate

- Sent off Application March 31st (China)
- Application arrived in Liverpool April 2nd
- Payment Taken April 3rd

Like last week the woman on the phone said to me i should have the passport by 25th of April max 4th of may.... but i call BS on that. i need to leave china by august for gods sake.

But you claim there was a 'barcode' you did yours online? because some countries (china) for example and a few others require you to print them off and send to Liverpool via DHL (no barcode on them)
I applied my kids passports too on dec 28 2015..there is application number in every applicant...the application number they asking is the one in da declaration form which is the page 5..its der included and with da name of the applicant
Old Jan 6th 2016, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

sam201013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mummykochi
I am british living in india - and fo4 address proof i gave a copy of my residency permit. They then contacted me requesting a colour copy which i have forwarded.

i also included his medical records (vaccinations dates etc)
my antenatal scans and important notes
discharge paperwork for both me and baby after birth and photographs with me and my husband also my parents with baby from birth until now.

the only document i was asked for to prove address was the colour copy of residency permit.

maybe you could give an ID card or voters card. We have something here in india called an aadhar card, sort of an extra id to prove address.

You could include tenancy agreement in english...
Hi !! Have you rcved the passport yet ? I will be applying from India soon as soon as I deliver the baby and would love to know the time taken for you to rcve the passport . Also was the interview conducted in person ?
Old Jan 6th 2016, 7:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for your reply. i am currently in the UK where as wife and children are in pakistan.

Wife has pakistani passport so as children.
Your wife would need to apply for your children's passports in Pakistan. You could send a colour photocopy with a covering letter but they may request your British passport later in the application process.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

M4LIK is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied child first British passport from Pakistan. 2015
Today I had a interview
The interview lasted one hours
Below are the questions I was asked
Child name and how you spell his name with DOB
Wife full name and the spelling and DOB
Date of marriage
How you met your partner
How was your wedding
Wedding pics
How often do you travel to your country were your partner n child live
Passports including any old ones
Copy of wife passport
Child birth certificate
How much money you send them ( evidence of transaction)
Your financial situation
I.e what you work as
Average earning

Your living arrangements here in uk /abroad
Photo of your child with you and partner
Nice pleasant interview
After interview was told I will hear back from the HMPO in four weeks and not call them in that period
Also I was asked if needed would I do a DNA

Hope that this info will help anyone with interview in the near future
As anyone on here been to the interview and heard back from HMPO?
Old Jan 8th 2016, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Adeel1412000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

I applied for my daughters passport from pak in the first week of July last year. I have been interviewed already on 16th Dec 2015 in London. I was told to wait for 4 weeks before I could hear from them potentially but I don't think so that is going to materialise any sooner because this is their generic reply to most of the applicants. I am pretty worried as my Mrs got the spouse visa but she can't travel because the baby is too little. I don't understand why don't they simply ask for a dna test in the first place, reduce the processing time and make it little convenient for the people suffering.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Eshaaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adeel1412000
Hello all

I applied for my daughters passport from pak in the first week of July last year. I have been interviewed already on 16th Dec 2015 in London. I was told to wait for 4 weeks before I could hear from them potentially but I don't think so that is going to materialise any sooner because this is their generic reply to most of the applicants. I am pretty worried as my Mrs got the spouse visa but she can't travel because the baby is too little. I don't understand why don't they simply ask for a dna test in the first place, reduce the processing time and make it little convenient for the people suffering.

Hi. I applied for my son passport on 11th June 2015.
Interview held in Islamabad on 15th dec.
wife spouse visa granted since April 2015.
Waiting for their reply for the printed passport or unluckily a DNS test which will further delay the process.

Question is that will my wife be able to come 10-11 months after visa approval? Will their be any problem at the airport. Obviously the son will be with her at the time proving she couldn't come cuz she couldn't leave him alone.

Last edited by Eshaaa; Jan 9th 2016 at 10:17 pm. Reason: Error
Old Jan 10th 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

mummykochi is an unknown quantity at this point

Update:

First child uk passport
Mother:British
Father: Indian

Applied at VFS COCHIN, South India

Date applied : 22nd Oct
Recieved at Liverpool 26th oct
Email asking for additional docs 29t oct
sent: maternal grandparents birth certs and marriage cert on 5th Nov
Recieved at Liverpool: 11th Nov
Request for interview:10th Dec
Interview completed: 18th Dec
Email to state passport printed: Jan 5th and on its way

Will hopefully collect it tomorrow.

Just 10 weeks from when application was recieved in Liverpool, no issues and no dNA needed.
Old Jan 10th 2016, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Update:

First child uk passport

Just 10 weeks from when application was recieved in Liverpool, no issues and no dNA needed.
Old Jan 10th 2016, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mummykochi
Update:

First child uk passport

Interesting. Whereabouts was the child born and how old was the child?
Old Jan 10th 2016, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Interesting. Whereabouts was the child born and how old was the child?
My son was born in Trivandrum, Kerala,South India and he was 15 months when we applied.

Interview was mostly concerning, was I in India for the duration of my pregnancy- was the child concieved here? etc...doctor, hospital name.

I mailed the application home first to be countersigned by my friend (a school teacher) then applied here in cochin along with:

Colour copies of
Marriage certificate (attested by MHA)
my residency permit
my british full birth cert
passports (my uk and husbands indian)
my sons hospital and govt issued birth certs
hospital records (approx 3 scans, discharge Paperwork for both me and the child including hospital bills paid.
childs vaccination records
photographs of the child with us and his maternal grandparents, also threw on a few of me when pregnant.

Then I got a request for my parents (british) full birth certs and their marriage cert.

I dont know why it seems to have been faster than other applications, Maybe because 1 partner is british with british parents etc??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.