Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Dec 30th 2015, 10:10 am
Just Joined

shakil.saif79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

HI Everyone,

I am naturalized as British Citizen and I am also a Pakistani citizen. I married to my wife (Pakistani national) and have 2 children born in Pakistan after my British Citizenship. Now I would like my wife and children to come and live with me in the UK. What is the easiest and quickest path to bring my wife and children in the uk?

Questions

Can I directly apply for British passport for my children born and currently living in Pakistan based on my British Citizenship? If yes, please advise how?

If Not, Can I register them as British Citizen in Pakistan? If yes, please advise how? if not again then what path shall I follow to bring my wife and children to UK quickly and easily.

If I bring my children in the UK as my dependants on pakistani passport and register them as british citizen / naturalised and eventually obtain British passport. if this is possible, then will my children be able to pass on their nationality to their children (i.e. my grand children) born overseas.

Can i please request list of supporting documents required for First British passport application for child born overseas. i have looked at gov.uk website but people still being asked for more documents. so an exhaustive list will be very useful.

I really appreciate your help, support and guidance.

Kind regards,

Shakil
Old Dec 30th 2015, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

can i apply for my children first British passport in the UK while they are living in pakistan with my wife?

Can i have DNA test done in advance and submit with passport application to speed up application processing. if yes, what is the procedure?

Many thanks

Shakil
Old Dec 30th 2015, 10:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can apply directly for your children's British passports. You can also first register their births with the FCO. As they were born in Pakistan you should be prepare for a long wait for their passports to be issued. I wouldn't provide a DNA test or any other documents until they are asked for as it's unlikely to speed up the process.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Dec 31st 2015, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Hi BritInParis,

Many thanks for your email

Is it compulsory to first register births of my children with FCO in Pakistan.

Will it help in obtaining British Passport.

I currently have local birth certificate issued by goverment registered department in pakistan. it is in both languages i.e. urdu and english. will it be enough or FCO registered birth certificate is necessary. Also my children are 25 months old.

is there any age restriction in place to obtain british birth certificates.

kind regards,

M Shakil

---------------------------- original POST ----------------------------

HI Everyone,

I am naturalized as British Citizen and I am also a Pakistani citizen. I married to my wife (Pakistani national) and have 2 children born in Pakistan after my British Citizenship. Now I would like my wife and children to come and live with me in the UK. What is the easiest and quickest path to bring my wife and children in the uk?

Questions

Can I directly apply for British passport for my children born and currently living in Pakistan based on my British Citizenship? If yes, please advise how?

If Not, Can I register them as British Citizen in Pakistan? If yes, please advise how? if not again then what path shall I follow to bring my wife and children to UK quickly and easily.

If I bring my children in the UK as my dependants on pakistani passport and register them as british citizen / naturalised and eventually obtain British passport. if this is possible, then will my children be able to pass on their nationality to their children (i.e. my grand children) born overseas.

Can i please request list of supporting documents required for First British passport application for child born overseas. i have looked at gov.uk website but people still being asked for more documents. so an exhaustive list will be very useful.

I really appreciate your help, support and guidance.

Kind regards,

Shakil
Old Dec 31st 2015, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

TM Q is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Burhan
I am also in uk 26 september i recieved mail for DNA test hmpo gave me options for choosing lab. I chose lab and kits at british high commission. My wife and son attended at british high commission islambad and myself at london and last week i recieved another mail for fresh photos.
I had my interview yesterday at Reading office ,they did not ask me that the DNA testing will be required,all they asked that we need DNA testing will you give it and I said Yes ,they said I will now have to wait for 4 weeks and then I will be contacted,I asked him whether I have to provide DNA and he said I can't say anything , Was it a same case with you ? You had an interview and later they sent an email for DNA ? Or they told you on the interview day that the DNA will be required ?

Last edited by TM Q; Dec 31st 2015 at 8:43 am.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Collected from center where you submited your application when they contacted.
Hi ,can you tell me after how many days of interview ,you came to know that the passport is printed . I had my interview yesterday and told that I will be contacted after 4 weeks .
Old Dec 31st 2015, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Any update? I had my DNA on 23 november and 6 december report was on table of home officer. Desperatly waiting for next mail.
Can you tell me how did they offer you DNA testing ? I had my interview yesterday and told that I will be contacted in 4 weeks time ,at interview they only asked that if I am OK to provide them DNA testing and I said yes,they didn't say anything else about it later in the interview ,will I be asked for it later or not ?
Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Burhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TM Q
Can you tell me how did they offer you DNA testing ? I had my interview yesterday and told that I will be contacted in 4 weeks time ,at interview they only asked that if I am OK to provide them DNA testing and I said yes,they didn't say anything else about it later in the interview ,will I be asked for it later or not ?
No they did not told me about DNA on interview day. After 6 weeks of interview they mailed me for DNA and then i choose one of the mentioned labs in thr mail. And after that hmpo gave me the date for samples . 6 of december result of the test on the table of hmpo officer. On 15 of december they required fresh photos. Finger crosssed waiting
Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:04 am
Just Joined

HI TM Q,

Can you please state your experience of interview and possibly list question. in my situation they might call my wife for interview and she might get confused. your help will be much appreciated. can you please also write list of documents you submitted with your application. were you asked for further documents?

kind regards,

M Shakil
Old Dec 31st 2015, 9:08 am
Just Joined

No they did not told me about DNA on interview day. After 6 weeks of interview they mailed me for DNA and then i choose one of the mentioned labs in thr mail. And after that hmpo gave me the date for samples . 6 of december result of the test on the table of hmpo officer. On 15 of december they required fresh photos. Finger crosssed waiting
i am more concerned with supporting documents and interview questions. i am in the UK and wife and children are in Pakistan with Pakistani passport. i am employed whereas wife is not. i am struggling to get an exhaustive list of documents. also what size of photographs they required i.e on A4 paper or standard 4"X6".

thanks
Old Dec 31st 2015, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=shakil.saif79;11824852]HI TM Q,

Can you please state your experience of interview and possibly list question. in my situation they might call my wife for interview and she might get confused. your help will be much appreciated. can you please also write list of documents you submitted with your application. were you asked for further documents?

Dear Shakil

They asked every possible question ,starting of my marriage ,how did I met my spouse ,where did I get married,how did I applied for my Mrs visa,how many siblings I have ,how many nephews and nieces I have ,what do I do ,when did I enter to uk at first ,what does my parents and inlaws does ,what's my income,what do I do for living,if I own any propert in uk or Pakistan ,where do I live ,my date of birth ,my Mrs date of birth ,date of wedding, full name with spelling of my son and his date of birth , how do I support financially ,where the birth certificate issued for my child ,when and where my marriage certificate issued etc .
Old Dec 31st 2015, 10:54 am
Just Joined

many thanks for sharing such a useful information and experience that will certainly help me and many others .

Can you please also list the documents required. i have checked paspport application guide there are few documents listed that is not a problem but i dont want them to waste time in asking more documents.

as currently i am living in the uk and wife n kids in pakistan. it will be difficult for me to arrange all documents.

Can i apply children passport from UK while they are born and living in Pakistan?
Old Dec 31st 2015, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shakil.saif79
many thanks for sharing such a useful information and experience that will certainly help me and many others .

Can you please also list the documents required. i have checked paspport application guide there are few documents listed that is not a problem but i dont want them to waste time in asking more documents.

as currently i am living in the uk and wife n kids in pakistan. it will be difficult for me to arrange all documents.

Can i apply children passport from UK while they are born and living in Pakistan?

I have made the application more the. 6 months ago so can't remember exactly , but I have sent child birth certificate from Naadra and also a birth certificate from the hospital he was born in Pakistan ,my naturalisation certificate , marriage certificate, my Mrs and my birth certificate, I took my original passport along just to show to FedEx and give them the coloured photocopy of my and Mrs passport (all pages ) child's photos with me and wife . And yes you can apply for their British passport as long as one of the parents is British or have ilr on any other passport .

Last edited by TM Q; Dec 31st 2015 at 11:39 am.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shakil.saif79
i am more concerned with supporting documents and interview questions. i am in the UK and wife and children are in Pakistan with Pakistani passport. i am employed whereas wife is not. i am struggling to get an exhaustive list of documents. also what size of photographs they required i.e on A4 paper or standard 4"X6".

thanks
Dear Burhan

Did they give you any idea on the day of interview that DNA could be asked ? And your intertwined was held in England ? With my I case I took lot of photographs and receipts of shopping for my child as that's what they requested. Interview last for more then an hour and in the end he told me you will now be contacted after 4 weeks . Was that the same you have been told by the officer on the day of interview ? I am sorry to being a pain and asking question in detail ,just analysing as how would they work out the things at their end . Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2015, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Burhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TM Q
Dear Burhan

Did they give you any idea on the day of interview that DNA could be asked ? And your intertwined was held in England ? With my I case I took lot of photographs and receipts of shopping for my child as that's what they requested. Interview last for more then an hour and in the end he told me you will now be contacted after 4 weeks . Was that the same you have been told by the officer on the day of interview ? I am sorry to being a pain and asking question in detail ,just analysing as how would they work out the things at their end . Thanks
No they did not give any idea about their next step and my interview was at sheffield. Dnt worry feel free to ask any thing i was in same situation about my son spplication. Thank God after one year i am at this position to share my experienc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.