Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Nov 7th 2018, 5:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Olay90
Thanks for your response. The issue is that since there are no computerised records of the original certificate, getting a new one will be more like registering the birth all over again, therefore reason for a new registration date. I'm worried it might complicate issues at the passport office.
That may well be a problem then.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Olay90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That may well be a problem then.
Thanks for your prompt response. Would it make any difference if a note is included with the document explaining the reason for the inconsistency?
Old Nov 7th 2018, 5:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olay90
Thanks for your prompt response. Would it make any difference if a note is included with the document explaining the reason for the inconsistency?
Yes, I would do that and hope they are familiar with the problem.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I would do that and hope they are familiar with the problem.
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey my cousin had he's interview today via video call.
He said questions are just basic ones.
They didn't give any time scale, so can this still take more time?
Old Nov 13th 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
Hey my cousin had he's interview today via video call.
He said questions are just basic ones.
They didn't give any time scale, so can this still take more time?
It can do but he’s likely at the end of the process now.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

It can do but he’s likely at the end of the process now.
ok sure thank your reply.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys
4 weeks since my cousin had he's interview, no contact from hmpo yet. overall 17months since the application was made. should we just wait or send hmpo a email?
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Wolesolomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What next after overseas uk passport interview from Nigeria.i was interviewed

I was interviewed on the 18th of December 2018 via video interview. Please what is the next stage for my child first British passport All the supporting documents which I had sent regarding my son's first time passport application has been returned by DHL to me. I also noticed that the "status" of the application says that I should contact them. Could it be that they will be sending my son's passport soon? FYR details below:Mailed the declaration form and documents from Hong Kong: 12th Dec 2016
Application received by Liverpool office: 16th Dec 2016
Received email from New Delhi HMPO asking for additional docs: 1st Feb 2017
Sent additional docs to New Delhi, HMPO: 3rd Feb 2017
Acknowledgement from New Delhi of receipt of docs: 9th Feb 2017 Phone Interview from HK with British High Commission staff in India 25th May 2017
Thanks and regards
Ganon[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 19th 2018, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: What next after overseas uk passport interview from Nigeria.i was interviewe

Originally Posted by Wolesolomon
I was interviewed on the 18th of December 2018 via video interview. Please what is the next stage for my child first British passport All the supporting documents which I had sent regarding my son's first time passport application has been returned by DHL to me. I also noticed that the "status" of the application says that I should contact them. Could it be that they will be sending my son's passport soon? FYR details below:Mailed the declaration form and documents from Hong Kong: 12th Dec 2016
Application received by Liverpool office: 16th Dec 2016
Received email from New Delhi HMPO asking for additional docs: 1st Feb 2017
Sent additional docs to New Delhi, HMPO: 3rd Feb 2017
Acknowledgement from New Delhi of receipt of docs: 9th Feb 2017 Phone Interview from HK with British High Commission staff in India 25th May 2017
Thanks and regards
Ganon

hey did you have to wait 2years?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 22nd 2018 at 12:44 pm. Reason: Fixing quotes
Old Dec 21st 2018, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Wolesolomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I applied for my child uk passport.what’s the timeline frm Nigeria

hey did you have to wait 2years?[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I applied for my child uk passport.what’s the timeline frm Nigeria

Originally Posted by Wolesolomon

hey did you have to wait 2years?

Not sure what's going on with this post, it doesn't have any content. When you're responding to somebody, please just hit the 'quote' button but then don't delete any of the text that it inputs for you, otherwise it doesn't make sense. You can then add your response below the quoted section of text and when you press 'post' it will be clearer.

Thx.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

hey guys.
just got a reply from hmpo that the application is still in exmantaion process. the application has been 17months and 2weeks now.
should we consider making a complaint or just keep on waiting?
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
hey guys.
just got a reply from hmpo that the application is still in exmantaion process. the application has been 17months and 2weeks now.
should we consider making a complaint or just keep on waiting?
Just keeping waiting.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

The issue date can differ but the registration date shouldn’t.
Hi BritInParis, just received my daughter's passport today after 10 weeks. Application was received by the hmpo on 29th Oct 2018.
Thanks a lot. After your advice regarding the inconsistency in the birth certificates, I decided to obtain a verification letter directly from the national population commission in Nigeria that confirms my daughter's date of birth and that I am the mother. I believe this kinda sped things up a bit as I was contacted to book an interview the day after the letter was received by the hmpo.
Interview date: Dec 7 2018
​​Passport receipt : Jan 8 2019
​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.