Canadian Wife UK VISA?

Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Wife UK VISA?

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Oh, okay, so you need to have five years now under a spousal visa before you can get ILR even through you only need three years residence in order to naturalise, but you need to have ILR before you apply. Sneaky. So that makes it the same as the ordinary residency route with a work visa. In fact, the only way you can do it in three years is for the British spouse to be serving overseas in Crown or designated service when you're not resident in the UK - oh the irony!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...can-you-apply/
You don't need to be here 5 yrs to get ILR. Mrs TB arrived on a SV in Mar 2010, did two years on that and then in March this got her ILR. I thought she'd be up for citizenship next March but it looks as though that won't be the case? (doesn't matter much either way).
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
You don't need to be here 5 yrs to get ILR. Mrs TB arrived on a SV in Mar 2010, did two years on that and then in March this got her ILR. I thought she'd be up for citizenship next March but it looks as though that won't be the case? (doesn't matter much either way).
You didn't, but as mentioned a couple of posts above, the rules changed in July so now it's five years. If Mrs TB has ILR now, she can naturalise in March 2013.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:45 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
So another question.

If me and the wife apply for a Spouse VISA for the UK. Can she move to the UK for a year and then work in the EU on the VISA?

I'm guessing the Spouse VISA will be a work permit...
A UK spousal visa won't work elsewhere in the EU as it's not part of the Schengen area. She would have to apply separately for a visa to whichever country you were in. It would also reset the clock on her UK residency period. It would be better for you to go to the EU first and then come into the UK on a EEA Family Permit which is free.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You didn't, but as mentioned a couple of posts above, the rules changed in July so now it's five years. If Mrs TB has ILR now, she can naturalise in March 2013.
Thanks for that. Blimey, UKBA have more rule changes than my company has management restructures, and that really is saying something

Good luck to everyone, sounds like a nightmare nowadays