BRP Collected But No National Insurance Number Shown

Old May 22nd 2018, 5:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRP Collected But No National Insurance Number Shown

Originally Posted by Invisible
Thanks for the quick reply SoS, hopefully mine will be as quick. They can't process my DBS certificate without one, and without a DBS certificate I can't start my job. Catch 22!

Thanks again.
Not sure that's correct but hopefully your NINO will be along shortly.
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can start work without it.
Hi BiP, thanks for the reply. I should have been a little clearer. They won't process my DBS application without an NI number, and I can't start work without DBS clearance.

Thanks again.
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BiP, thanks for the reply. I should have been a little clearer. They won't process my DBS application without an NI number, and I can't start work without DBS clearance.

Thanks again.
Does the application form require it?
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply SoS, hopefully mine will be as quick. They can't process my DBS certificate without one, and without a DBS certificate I can't start my job. Catch 22!

Thanks again.
what is a DBS certificate?
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious as to the DBS as I got my check done recently - to help out at school as a parent and no NIN was required. But perhaps there are different categories of DBS.
Old May 22nd 2018, 9:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219

what is a DBS certificate?
https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...arring-service
Old May 23rd 2018, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Does the application form require it?
There was a space for it but was not mandatory information. It appears rather that it is the company HR policy as they make the application through their account. Hopefully I will receive it soon.
Old May 23rd 2018, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by prospect
Just curious as to the DBS as I got my check done recently - to help out at school as a parent and no NIN was required. But perhaps there are different categories of DBS.
Hi prospect, as you can see from the post above it seems like rather it is the company policy not to do the application until a NI number is supplied. Thanks for the reply!
Old May 24th 2018, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Arrived today. 16 days from interview to arriving in the post.

Good service!
Old Jun 6th 2018, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point

spouse of scouse, thought I'd let you know of another great triumph of British bureaucracy ... unlike you, the lady set to help me picked up my file and then wandered around having social chats with colleagues before asking me to come forward. She expressed some concern about why I hadn't got my number yet -- in the end I had to inform her that I hadn't worked for a number of years, so was basically a SAHM to which she replied - oh so you brought the kids with you!!! Going to enjoy my two years before I face the renewal process.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 9:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prospect
spouse of scouse, thought I'd let you know of another great triumph of British bureaucracy ... unlike you, the lady set to help me picked up my file and then wandered around having social chats with colleagues before asking me to come forward. She expressed some concern about why I hadn't got my number yet -- in the end I had to inform her that I hadn't worked for a number of years, so was basically a SAHM to which she replied - oh so you brought the kids with you!!! Going to enjoy my two years before I face the renewal process.
Sorry your experience wasn't as good as mine! I've actually run into a problem now though. I needed the NINO in order to register for HMRC tax self-assessment, as this would make doing my tax once I'm back in Oz much easier.

I received a letter back approving me for self-assessment, but I can't complete the process with HMRC online because I can't prove my identity - I can't provide all the information asked for as it's not relevant to me/my situation. Have even rung HMRC and they directed me to different ways I can have my identity verified online, but each one of those processes knocked me back as well. After a few hours I gave up and have engaged a tax agent to submit my tax for me - I guess I'll be doing that forever now. Damn and blast!!