BRP Collected But No National Insurance Number Shown

Old Apr 30th 2018, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute
Default BRP Collected But No National Insurance Number Shown

Hi guys-

I collected my BRP today but no National Insurance Number is shown, It states on the BRP 'WORK PERMITED' but is there anyway I can get a copy of my NI number?

Also;

I require a letter with my address on it for opening a bank account so my husband suggested we go to the job centre tomorrow and ask if they can supply a letter confirming my National Insurance number, has anyone done this? He seems to think they may be able to print one out there and then?

Thanks.

Last edited by Invisible; Apr 30th 2018 at 4:31 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 4:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRP Collected But No National Insurance Number Shown

They won't be for a spouse visa; only work visas are automatically allocated NINOs. You'll need to apply for one from Jobcentre Plus. No-one from JCP is going to see you without an appointment and there are burly security guards to make sure of it.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They won't be for a spouse visa; only work visas are automatically allocated NINOs. You'll need to apply for one from Jobcentre Plus. No-one from JCP is going to see you without an appointment and there are burly security guards to make sure of it.

Yep - had my interview a few weeks ago in the Toxteth JCP. Brand new NINO arrived in the mail today
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

Thank you, have just called the Freephone number and got an appointment for next week.

Crazy though that the only two available interview location options for me were Preston and Toxteth and we live in Southport!

Thanks for the help.
Old May 2nd 2018, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yep - had my interview a few weeks ago in the Toxteth JCP. Brand new NINO arrived in the mail today
May I just enquire as to why you needed to get a new NI number? I thought that once you were issued one then it stayed with you indefinitely?

Thanks.
Old May 2nd 2018, 6:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Invisible
May I just enquire as to why you needed to get a new NI number? I thought that once you were issued one then it stayed with you indefinitely?

Thanks.
It wasn't a new NINO, it was my first
Old May 2nd 2018, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

It wasn't a new NINO, it was my first
Oh okay I mistakenly thought you had been in the UK for sometime already.

Thanks for the reply.
Old May 2nd 2018, 6:34 pm
Concierge

Oh okay I mistakenly thought you had been in the UK for sometime already.

Thanks for the reply.
No worries. I arrived in the UK in 2015, on a spouse visa.
Old May 3rd 2018, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point

I am about to do this - what happens at the interview???
Old May 3rd 2018, 8:12 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by prospect
I am about to do this - what happens at the interview???
The interviewer has a list of questions in front of him/her, and needs to tick off each one. I'd already answered many of the questions in my spouse visa application, but they're all asked again anyway.

Stuff like when did you arrive in the UK, how many times had you visited the UK before that, how long did you stay each time. I had to give approximate dates for much of that - I'd visited the UK more than a dozen times in the previous 10 years for varying periods of time.

Why are you applying for a NINO, and based on your answer to that, more specific questions. As I've been in the country for almost 3 years they obviously wanted to know why I didn't apply earlier, although the questions weren't as direct as that. Questions regarding previous HMRC dealings, where current income is derived from, when the income began etc etc.

It's all quite stress free if you're legit, I think it'd be extremely stressful if anyone wanted a NINO for nefarious purposes, or if they'd fallen foul of HMRC regulations

I must say, the staff were all wonderful, from the security people through to the reception staff and the interviewer himself. Appointments were back to back but everything went smoothly and quickly, and everyone was really friendly and helpful. I actually tried to find an avenue to compliment them, but the only links I could find were for people to complain! The interviewer and I ended up having a nice chat about Australia.
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point

Great - thanks for all of this. Hopefully it goes as smoothly at this end too ... some positive interactions with British bureaucracy would be appreciated!
Old May 21st 2018, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi SoS, could I just ask how long it was from having the interview to receiving the NI number please? I had the interview 2 weeks ago but still waiting, I understand it can take up to 6 weeks but just curious as to how long yours took as I can't start my job until I'm assigned a number.

Many thanks
Old May 21st 2018, 6:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SoS, could I just ask how long it was from having the interview to receiving the NI number please? I had the interview 2 weeks ago but still waiting, I understand it can take up to 6 weeks but just curious as to how long yours took as I can't start my job until I'm assigned a number.

Many thanks
You can start work without it.
Old May 21st 2018, 6:41 pm
Concierge

Many thanks
Hi Invisible, it was around 3 weeks. I was expecting the 6 weeks so was pleasantly surprised!
Old May 21st 2018, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Invisible, it was around 3 weeks. I was expecting the 6 weeks so was pleasantly surprised!
Thanks for the quick reply SoS, hopefully mine will be as quick. They can't process my DBS certificate without one, and without a DBS certificate I can't start my job. Catch 22!

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.