Visa only valid for 30 days? And ielts?

Old Jun 6th 2018, 7:25 pm
Pre
Forum Regular

Pre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa only valid for 30 days? And ielts?

Hello guys 2 questions:
1. How many times after getting your IELTS results you can apply for spouse visa? I mean if for example I have IELTS exam on July 5th after I get the results of the English test can I apply for the spouse visa lest say end of November?
2. After I get the visa approved I only have 30 days to arrive to the UK ? So that's from the day I received the visa or counting from the day they send it to me. Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2018, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Yessir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa only valid for 30 days? And ielts?

Originally Posted by Pre
Hello guys 2 questions:
1. How many times after getting your IELTS results you can apply for spouse visa? I mean if for example I have IELTS exam on July 5th after I get the results of the English test can I apply for the spouse visa lest say end of November?
2. After I get the visa approved I only have 30 days to arrive to the UK ? So that's from the day I received the visa or counting from the day they send it to me. Thanks

Once all your documents are ready and in your possession (IELTS certificate included) you can apply for your visa. Documents include, relationship evidence, accommodation details, financial requirement and applicant/sponsor documents.

When you apply for your visa, you will be asked to provide a date that you intend on travelling to the UK. This can be up to 6 months in the future. Your visa vignette, if approved, will start on this date. You then have 30 days to enter the UK and pick up your BRP.

Also, based on your previous post on this forum, I would suggest making a new thread in the future with a list of all your documents. Your situation isn’t very simple and the users here may be able to help.

Good luck.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 11:21 pm
Pre
Forum Regular

Pre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yessir

Once all your documents are ready and in your possession (IELTS certificate included) you can apply for your visa. Documents include, relationship evidence, accommodation details, financial requirement and applicant/sponsor documents.

When you apply for your visa, you will be asked to provide a date that you intend on travelling to the UK. This can be up to 6 months in the future. Your visa vignette, if approved, will start on this date. You then have 30 days to enter the UK and pick up your BRP.

Also, based on your previous post on this forum, I would suggest making a new thread in the future with a list of all your documents. Your situation isn’t very simple and the users here may be able to help.

Good luck.
Hello. First thank you very much for your reply. Something I would like to understand that u mentioned you said :"When you apply for your visa, you will be asked to provide a date that you intend on travelling to the UK. This can be up to 6 months in the future. Your visa vignette, if approved, will start on this date. You then have 30 days to enter the UK and pick up your BRP" so for example if I apply in September let's say but I put I would as a date mid January even if I get the visa approved in November they put that I have until mid January to arrive. I'm just having a money situation tight now I thought on buying the ticket by selling my house furniture but for that I will need time. Like if I apply in September and then I get the visa approved in November saying I have to be there in December I find it very hard to believe I will be able to sell all my stuff at a good price and book a good flight in a matter of 3 weeks. Thanks I will definitely post a list of documents I try to tell my husband I think a lawyer would be good but he doesn't think it so.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 11:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Hello. First thank you very much for your reply. Something I would like to understand that u mentioned you said :"When you apply for your visa, you will be asked to provide a date that you intend on travelling to the UK. This can be up to 6 months in the future. Your visa vignette, if approved, will start on this date. You then have 30 days to enter the UK and pick up your BRP" so for example if I apply in September let's say but I put I would as a date mid January even if I get the visa approved in November they put that I have until mid January to arrive. I'm just having a money situation tight now I thought on buying the ticket by selling my house furniture but for that I will need time. Like if I apply in September and then I get the visa approved in November saying I have to be there in December I find it very hard to believe I will be able to sell all my stuff at a good price and book a good flight in a matter of 3 weeks. Thanks I will definitely post a list of documents I try to tell my husband I think a lawyer would be good but he doesn't think it so.
If you applied on 1 September and put your date to enter the UK as 14 January, then you'd have 30 days from 14 January to enter the UK - unless your visa wasn't granted until after 14 January, in which case you'd have 30 days from the date it was granted.

Applicants are advised not to book flight tickets, quit jobs, sell their home etc prior to the visa being granted.