alishinto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British citizenship for child out of wedlock

Got it. MN1 it is then...
Old Feb 13th 2021, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Hi BritinParis,
Just want to inform you that my older daughter's application for British citizenship has been successful, and would like to thank you for the invaluable info you gave. Now, I have to move on to daughter no.2! Hope you don't mind if I hit you (or anyone else who might be able to help) with some questions over the next few weeks...
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alishinto
Hi BritinParis,
Just want to inform you that my older daughter's application for British citizenship has been successful, and would like to thank you for the invaluable info you gave. Now, I have to move on to daughter no.2! Hope you don't mind if I hit you (or anyone else who might be able to help) with some questions over the next few weeks...
Excellent news, glad to have been of assistance. Happy to try and answer any questions you have for the next application.
Old May 12th 2021, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Hi there,
Just wanted to pick your brains again if I could. So I'm now applying for UK citizenship for my second daughter, who was born in 2004 outside UK, which means I will be applying using MN1. I am British by descent and have never been married to her mother. That means I will have to apply under section 4F and not 3(2), is that correct?
Old May 12th 2021, 8:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Just wanted to pick your brains again if I could. So I'm now applying for UK citizenship for my second daughter, who was born in 2004 outside UK, which means I will be applying using MN1. I am British by descent and have never been married to her mother. That means I will have to apply under section 4F and not 3(2), is that correct?
Correct. The registration certificate will state 4F rather than 3(2) but you still use the same Form MN1.
Old May 19th 2021, 5:47 am
Just Joined

I received a letter from Home Office saying my older daughter's application for UK citizenship had been approved in February of this year. Does anyone know how long it takes before receiving the Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter, and if they will notify me by email once they have sent it? It's been over three months now, and I don't think it should be taking this long. I'm not sure if the delay is because of COVID or it's been lost in the post (which is entirely possible in Malaysia)
Old May 19th 2021, 8:55 am

I received a letter from Home Office saying my older daughter's application for UK citizenship had been approved in February of this year. Does anyone know how long it takes before receiving the Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter, and if they will notify me by email once they have sent it? It's been over three months now, and I don't think it should be taking this long. I'm not sure if the delay is because of COVID or it's been lost in the post (which is entirely possible in Malaysia)
Both are entirely possible. It might be worth calling the High Commission in KL to check if they have received anything from the Home Office for her.