British Citizen by mistake?

Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:39 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizen by mistake?

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I know some Argentinians who had wait 2 years to apply for residency rather than nationality, and even then it is 'renewable yearly' for a few years before they are 'permanent'

however I'm no expert..........
I find it difficult how the authorities in Spain, actually determine which Argentinians can apply for this residency, given that over 90% of the Argentinian population is of European extraction. Of that figure something like 50% would be of Spanish extraction which is a lot of people and many of those could claim to have Spanish born grandparents.

Last edited by Jules Europe; Sep 15th 2009 at 9:23 am.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

cpearse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
As far as I am aware, a BOC does need a visa.
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...tion/global/en

As does an Ecuador passport.
(an El Salvador passport does not). You might be an El Salvador citizen, many Latin American countries give automatic citizenship by birth. Unless your parents were diplomats. Where was your father from?

What brought you to Argentina to renew your passport? Have you got an employer in Spain who could get you a permit, etc?

And you still did not answer how old you were when you were first issued with a British citizen passport.
I was 6 month old, and my father is a BC with right of abode
I came to Argentina for a few years with my wife (Argentinian)
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cpearse
I was 6 month old, and my father is a BC with right of abode
Presumably your first passport was a CUKC passport ... when were you issued with your first British citizen passport? (these were only issued in 1983 or later).

I came to Argentina for a few years with my wife (Argentinian)
So are you living in Argentina now? It might be an idea to pursue Argentine citizenship.

If you are also an Ecuador citizen (as you presumably are) then your BOC status does not give you the right to register as a British citizen.

The only glimmer of hope is if you would have met the criteria for registration as a British citizen while you were still under 18, and first got a British citizen passport before then.