Reload this Page >

Your driving experiences in Canada

Your driving experiences in Canada

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:23 am
Banned

McLovin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your driving experiences in Canada

Originally Posted by Rich_007
That's because they're all either dead, half asleep, stoned, or retarded.

R.
Or all 4 if you're the lord of the manor virgin deflowerer of Fredericton.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

the roundabout on 22x at calgary wish i could sit and film there for a day ,the car in front on tues morn just stopped and sat for ages before pulling out in front of traffic.
it had sask plates.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:43 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Now please dont take this personally

Originally Posted by Beastie
We recently returned from 3 weeks in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (report to follow shortly)
But PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!

Or if you must post a 'report' at least keep it down to 1 side of A4.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Wouldn't dream of taking it personally Butch but as with any post, you can either choose to read it or not. If you see it listed just avoid it to save wasting your time.

I know that 'reports' on Canada have been done to death but new people join the site regularly and may value a recent view of places they are thinking of going to. There are even some people who enjoy reading accounts of other's landing/reccie experiences (shock, horror ) but I accept it's unlikely to be of any interest to 'old timers' such as yourself so I won't be offended if you ignore it.

John
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:57 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beastie
Wouldn't dream of taking it personally Butch but as with any post, you can either choose to read it or not. If you see it listed just avoid it to save wasting your time.

I know that 'reports' on Canada have been done to death but new people join the site regularly and may value a recent view of places they are thinking of going to. There are even some people who enjoy reading accounts of other's landing/reccie experiences (shock, horror ) but I accept it's unlikely to be of any interest to 'old timers' such as yourself so I won't be offended if you ignore it.

John
Hi John,

I now with draw my request, you see the reason I dont like to see reports is:
a) so many are just so self-indulgent
b) so many are 'and we landed and we went thru immigration and it was painless and we got the hire car and it was clean and it had a full tank of petrol and we got to the hotel with no problem and we slept well and we got up and we had breakfast and we got our SINS and we got our healthcare cards etc etc. '
c) and then all the replies are just well done, thanks for posting that etc.

However, I have a feeling yours will be quite entertaining.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Damn Butch, you just summed up my report. Better not bother now eh
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:49 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

a) so many are just so self-indulgent
Of course there's no hint of 'me-me-me' in any of Butch's posts...

<whistles and walks away...>
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:01 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Or if you must post a 'report' at least keep it down to 1 side of A4.

It's 'letter sized' BC, not A4.

And here's the edited version -

"It was nice and everyone was so friendly and we saw a puppy and a moose and Timmy's is wonderful".

R.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:10 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Puppies are nice.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:11 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bazzz
Puppies are nice.
Kittens are nice too but they didn't even get a mention.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:15 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Kittens are nice too but they didn't even get a mention.
Nothing wrong with a cute pussy Steve.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:04 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Emigre
Actually come to think of it driving is fairly sound in some European countries like Belgium...really different coming over from England where they seem to drive calmly and carefully. I think the south Europeans are more reckless though.

Don't know about Germany, Scandinavia etc..Does Canada have its very own 'boy racer' too?
Sound! Belgium? Belgians can't drive!

Here in Quebec the standard of driving is much higher than in Belgium. There is a lack of use of indicators in both countries, but here you don't get the agressive pushing in in Belgium and there's very little tailgating. Also, people are far more patient if you take your time to do something and then only honk very softly and politely.

Reality is that UK road layouts and drivers are actually of a very high standard.

What's funny here is the huge amount of space left between parked cars and the look of awe on people's faces when I perform a parallel park. On a given street in Belgium you'd pack in 50% more cars...
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Emigre
I am from London, as I am sure some people on this forum are as well, and anyone from here or who has driven here on a regular basis will know that there are a number of nutters on the roads who either don't believe in signalling, or believe that there is a constant need to drive at high speeds, or that 'tailgating' is a perfectly normal split-second gap between bumpers.

To me, this reflects a culture that is becoming increasingly impatient. A culture that expects everything in an instant and that any kind of waiting is too long, and consideration for other drivers is just not necessary because, as it goes, a Londoner is responsible to their own self only and sod everyone else .

As a number of forum users here are from a variety of Canadian cities, and given that the car is king in Canada [from what I have read anyway] what are the driving habits generally like in this regard? Of course, when I mention London's problems not ALL drivers are such but there are certainly plenty of them about.

Just wondered how Canadian habits compared in your experience.
Last time i was in Canada I found the driving skills of the truck drivers to be appalling and they did not seem to care about the safety of other road users. I remember driving on the 401 in heavy rain and got completely boxed in by these big waggons and it was almost impossible to see for the spray. I am sure they knew what they were doing too.