Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Your accent...

Your accent...

Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:06 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Your accent...

In my experience it helps a lot, especially when ur single it gets you noticed and North American women in my experience love a guy with an accent and even when ur not single I think it helps, your different and its a starting point to talk about and there are an awful lot of 2nd/3rd/4th generation Canadians who hail from the UK and love to talk about it
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:09 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikey B
In my experience it helps a lot, especially when ur single it gets you noticed and North American women in my experience love a guy with an accent and even when ur not single I think it helps, your different and its a starting point to talk about and there are an awful lot of 2nd/3rd/4th generation Canadians who hail from the UK and love to talk about it
A shop assistant was telling us how he was English, although he'd never been there. He was also very surprised that we weren't planning a big celebration for St Patrick's day.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mikey B
My husband has been asked for his phone number while i've been standing there!
My son had a waitress pass him a bill with her phone number on it! this is while he was dining with his girlfriend
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jempee
My husband has been asked for his phone number while i've been standing there!
My son had a waitress pass him a bill with her phone number on it! this is while he was dining with his girlfriend
My son out from the UK for a few weeks got discounts on all his purchases in a beauty store where he was buying gifts for his girlfriend back home .
His brother has more female friends here than guys as they all love his accent and hes certainly not complaining
Asked Oh if hes had any reaction to his accent he looked quite dejected and said not a thing