Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it worth the move?

Is it worth the move?

Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:10 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it worth the move?

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Depends what you mean by a Construction manager?..in Canada that role is near the top of the tree..in the UK construction management incorporates site management and project/contracts management.

If hes a Project Manager probably start on $100k if a site manager (superintendent) then probably more like $85k start...when you get up to Project Directors and Construction Managers then its going to be $125k plus
Is there really a difference between a Construction Manager and a Project Manager? I flip flop between the two and I don't find a $25K difference.

I find that some get hung up on the "title" but it usually comes down to what you can do and what level you are at. I think the OP gets the jist of it though.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:49 am
Just Joined

londonwe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Canadian taking my husband & baby back with me after 10 years in the UK. I too on occasion have mixed feelings. Best advice I read on this thread is ... some things will be better and some things worse. I too will be keeping that in mind as things will certainly be different from when I left.

I know things like internet/phone/etc you have much less selection of providers & it's more expensive in Canada. Other things are cheaper. If you need 2 people working here in the UK, you likely will need that over in Canada as well to maintain the lifestyle you want.

You won't know until you try and no decision is permanent.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:41 am
Just Joined

chris9677 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's regional h&s in construction management

Above advisor level but not director level
Old Dec 1st 2012, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really nice

keep us posted with the PCL info and what you get offered as I also have interviewed with them, im guessing the same time as Chris in London

All the posts are very helpfull