Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BE Wiki / Knowledge Base

BE Wiki / Knowledge Base

Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:31 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Wiki / Knowledge Base

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Next up : annual leave.

Just kidding.
Very short page.

'Annual Leave'

Generally accepted to be two weeks.

Suck it up or F' off to Oz.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Very short page.

'Annual Leave'

Generally accepted to be two weeks.

Suck it up or F' off to Oz.
2 weeks? that's loads, what you complaining about
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:38 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Barrie, Ontario has been added.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:30 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Schooling has been added.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Messorius is a jewel in the roughMessorius is a jewel in the roughMessorius is a jewel in the roughMessorius is a jewel in the roughMessorius is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Schooling has been added.
Hey Judy, I don't know about the other provinces, but in NS first year of schooling is referred to as "Primary"(and then on with Grade 1-12). Kindergarten out here generally means pre-school or daycare.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:06 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by Messorius
Hey Judy, I don't know about the other provinces, but in NS first year of schooling is referred to as "Primary"(and then on with Grade 1-12). Kindergarten out here generally means pre-school or daycare.
Thanks, Messorius. I went into the article and added a notation to the effect that Kindergarten was called Primary in Nova Scotia.

I didn't know from your response whether or not the other divisions (elementary, junior high and senior high) were valid in Nova Scotia. A quick Google search brought up George Bissett Elementary School in Halifax, Borden Junior High School in Dartmouth, and Bridgetown Regional High School in Bridgetown. So I took it that that nomenclature was indeed used in NS.

If anyone else has any comments, please feel free to insert them into the relevant Wiki article itself.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:07 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Kamloops, BC has been added.
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:44 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Judy,

Oh great guru of all things wiki Is there a way of adding a new topic to the Canadian lifestyle section.? I thought of adding something (largely culled from threads on the subject) on watching UK DVD's in Canada.

AX
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:17 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Judy,

Oh great guru of all things wiki Is there a way of adding a new topic to the Canadian lifestyle section.? I thought of adding something (largely culled from threads on the subject) on watching UK DVD's in Canada.

AX
The fact that you want to create a Wiki page on UK DVDs is music to my ears, AX. Judging from the number of threads that there have been about it, it's a topic that many people want to know about.

Just go to the address bar at the top of the screen and type in

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_DVDs

(or something like that)

Then click on the Go button (the green arrow to the right of the address bar).

You will find yourself on a fresh page.

Click on the edit this page link.

That will take you to a page into which you can start typing.

I do realise that you want to type an article about playing UK DVDs in Canada. However, having the word "Canada" or "Canadian" at the begining of the title is the only way I know of ensuring that the page falls within the Canadian section of the BE Wiki. Here are some URLs for other articles in the Canadian section that illustrate the point:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Schooling

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Bed_Sizes

Hope that helps.
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I do realise that you want to type an article about playing UK DVDs in Canada. However, having the word "Canada" or "Canadian" at the begining of the title is the only way I know of ensuring that the page falls within the Canadian section of the BE Wiki. Here are some URLs for other articles in the Canadian section that illustrate the point:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Schooling

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Bed_Sizes

Hope that helps.
easiest method, go to a page that's already an article in the section you want, go to edit, copy and paste that into a new page, and delete all the info below the header, so that it still has the wiki tags to say where to stick the page.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Judy,
As there are some of us who are not very eloquent in our vocabulary , would it be possible to include some "example" letters which might be needed as part of the "todo" list?
eg Car insurance letters requesting the details in the correct format, NI letters, inland reevenue etc.....
All contributions welcome!
Kenny
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:44 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Judy
I suggest an RV section! You answered my questions and gave me great links to some of your other information before we came out, and we had a ball on our trip. Mr SB wants to buy one now. Maybe you could convert some other BE-ers?!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:31 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: BE Wiki / Knowledge Base

Hi Judy. Im wondering if we could add another category to the Lethbridge
Wiki.
Accomodation would be good as a seperate heading so I can add links to some good rental sites I know.
http://www.lethbridgecollege.ab.ca/d...ml#30th_ave_TH

This is where we have aranged some temporary accomodation and it is extremly good value for a family in between homes type thing.

Im not sure where to start so I will add more to it if you can get it started for me pleeeese.

Thanks Judy or anyone else who can help.
X Mrs minihaha

Oh and Thanx Burton Bunch for suggesting I add it.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:16 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by minihaha
Accomodation would be good as a seperate heading
Done.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:40 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Done.
Thanks Judy.

I have added the link but I cannot find how to change the link text to say Lethbridge College Rental Accomodation.

Please edit as you see fit, it's my first go and well I did me best.

Mrs minihaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.