Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who cold is cold

who cold is cold

Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:50 pm
Glaswegian

Default Re: who cold is cold

Originally Posted by Corky
One thing about the cold weather is..........no bugs!! nothing to take pieces out of your flesh. They are all hibernating waiting to catch you the next summer!!
It wouldnt matter if the bugs were up and about - you probably have so little skin showing that the bugs would starve!

Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
It wouldnt matter if the bugs were up and about - you probably have so little skin showing that the bugs would starve!

Gee you are absolutely right. Although I seldom wear a hat and hate to wear a very heavy coat...oh the joys of living in the maritimes.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:43 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
You must be living in Winnipeg to know the difference between the snow in Onario/Manitoba -

Your message is really funny!!!!

I am and thank you.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:27 am
Glaswegian

I prefer the snow in Alberta, I've tried winter in Ontario, it sucks.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I keep telling you.......different snow in the Prairies than in Ontario - really!!!!!

Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:19 am
Glaswegian

I keep telling you.......different snow in the Prairies than in Ontario - really!!!!!
Don't tell me Bud, I've tried both

Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:21 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

That's what I think, but the summers in Alberta suck - I prefer the summers in Ontario, but BC is even better.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Getting a little testy are we? I'm agreeing with you - the snow that you get on the Prairies is great compared to snow in Ontario.

The summer in Ontario are terrible - hot, humid (so much so the sheets are soaked at night), then there are the flies, misquities(?) mmm. and all the terrible pollution coming from the States. Yes, a great place to be in the summer!!!!

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
That's what I think, but the summers in Alberta suck - I prefer the summers in Ontario, but BC is even better.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:28 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Getting a little testy are we?

What????

I enjoyed my summers (in Ontario) at the cottage right next to the lake. The air pollution is minimal where our cottage is located. Often in Alberta, during the summers, I nearly froze my butt off. A week ago I was there, the high was 53 deg F.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Aug 19th 2004 at 1:38 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:30 am
Glaswegian

That's what I think, but the summers in Alberta suck.
Eh?? Maybe for winter inhabitants of Mexico!!

For Brits, Alberta is great - it doesn't get too hot or humid like Ontario!!

Alberta is relatively cool and dry in the summer!!

Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:35 am
mañana is my busiest day

Eh?? Maybe for winter inhabitants of Mexico!!

For Brits, Alberta is great - it doesn't get too hot or humid like Ontario!!

Alberta is relatively cool and dry in the summer!!
I've seen the summers in Alberta so cool and wet that aphids were everywhere in the hundreds of billions. One summer I don't think that the temp. reached 80 deg F. once. Having to wear a jacket at 2:00 pm in mid-July is too much for me.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:38 am
Glaswegian

I've seen the summers in Alberta so cool and wet that aphids were everywhere in the hundreds of billions. One summer I don't think that the temp. reached 80 deg F. once.
How many summers have you spent here?

Coming from Glasgow, 80F is pretty good!! If the west of Scotland had 27C for most of the summer, we were happy.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry - that "testy comment was directed towards the stat's prof.

Well, yes, I admit I enjoyed spending many summers at summer cottages near Parry Sound and it was beautiful - but I was referring to summers in the Waterloo Region.

What????

I enjoyed my summers (in Ontario) at the cottage right next to the lake. The air pollution is minimal where our cottage is located. Often in Alberta, during the summers, I nearly froze my butt off. A week ago I was there, the high was 53 deg F.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:41 am
mañana is my busiest day

How many summers have you spent here?

Coming from Glasgow, 80F is pretty good!! If the west of Scotland had 27C for most of the summer, we were happy.
I lived 7 years in Edmonton, plus another 8 years in Red Deer. On average the summers were too short and cool for me. I could take the winters, but I didn't care for the summers.

Yes, Ontario does have a problem with air pollution and high humidity, but at least it always got nice and warm - except for the last 2 years.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:47 am
Glaswegian

Sorry - that "testy comment was directed towards the stat's prof.
No idea what I did to deserve that

Originally Posted by oceanDMX
On average the summers were too short and cool for me.
All things are relative and depend on your experience - 27C would be bloody warm in Glasgow.
I remember one summer in Leicester it got to 37C for a couple of days - the place pretty much shut down.
Depends on what you're used to - let's not get subjective here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.