Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where to move to in Canada?

Where to move to in Canada?

Old Nov 27th 2004, 2:08 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where to move to in Canada?

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
If you are a driver, it`s got to be New Brunswick, as it`s the best of all that is good on this Earth ! And you can swap ya driver`s licence, no re-test ! Saskatchewan swap licences, but has an extremely high crime ratio in comparison to other provinces. Ontario swaps to, but you might as well live near London UK. if thats your bag !!! All other provinces, it`s re-test !!!
Gone Whale watchin`
New Brunswick is also good in that it has some of the cheapest housing prices in Canada - about 1/4 the price you would pay in Vancouver or Victoria.

Ontario is much more than Toronto. Beyond the cities, Ontario has some of the best rural life one can find anywhere in Canada.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Nov 27th 2004 at 2:22 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Ontario has some of the best rural life one can find anywhere in Canada.
Travelling for 3 hrs on your dog sled to visit your neighbours, have a cup of coffee with reindeer milk, and finally travel back for another 3 hours in complete darkness?
Old Nov 27th 2004, 6:17 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Toontje
Travelling for 3 hrs on your dog sled to visit your neighbours, have a cup of coffee with reindeer milk, and finally travel back for another 3 hours in complete darkness?
No! Places like Hanover, Kincardine, Owen Sound, Goderich, Collingwood - and hundreds of other small communities - have their own charm.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 6:27 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

What???
This posting a windup???
What the hell am I going to do with all that wood I have just bought for my Husky sheds?
Honestly you all wasting my time!
PS Any body want some tins of Beaver tail soup?
Old Nov 27th 2004, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
No! Places like Hanover, Kincardine, Owen Sound, Goderich, Collingwood - and hundreds of other small communities - have their own charm.
Absolutely right, great places to either visit or live - been to them all during my growing up years - with my parents having cottages there.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Toontje
All part of being a "true Canadian"......
Old Nov 27th 2004, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=oceanMDX]New Brunswick is also good in that it has some of the cheapest housing prices in Canada - about 1/4 the price you would pay in Vancouver or Victoria.

Yep, BC has the honourable distinction of having the highest cost of living in Canada for another year.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:27 am
GESTAPO

lonsdale is an unknown quantity at this point

lm a chinese american and considering vancouver because theres alot of chinese there. l figure itd be to my advantage because there will be others like me. l live in ohio where there arent too many chinese, and people have very little understanding about chinese. overall they dont really want to know anything about foreigners. ive also lived in new york, where theres a lot of chinese but it seemed like one big mess because the minorities would just turn against each other, and people didnt really cooperate.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, ha, this thread is so funny. What are you like? Do they have electricity in Canada? Do you live in igloos?

Do you all use canoes now the glaciers are melting? I guess you'd have to build your wooden houses on sticks, like the old campongs in Singapore.

That's it I'm outta here to have a coffee in the (modern) Tim Horton's mug my hubby brought me back from Calgary last year
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 3:32 am
Just Joined

sparksals is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CluelessToo
I think Canada might be a cool place to move to. I haven't applied for a visa yet, but I'm saving up very hard.

Does it get cold in the winter? I've heard Canadian houses are made of wood - are they all like log cabins and are they warm? If it gets cold in winter, do they still have a footie season?

Does all of Canada have electricity?

I've done searches on the forum and I've come up with a lot of placenames I haven't heard of - one that seems to get mentioned is Iqaluit - is that anywhere near Toronto?

Thanks in advance
I'm sorry, but are your questions really serious? I'm not trying to be rude, but you're actually asking if we have electricity everywhere in Canada??? C'mon!

Iqaluit is not near Toronto. It's in the territories and it's damn cold up there.

Please, Canada is a modern society. You're making it sound like we're third world!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I think CluelessToo is having a laugh here.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

mikejw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sparksals
I'm sorry, but are your questions really serious? I'm not trying to be rude, but you're actually asking if we have electricity everywhere in Canada??? C'mon!

Iqaluit is not near Toronto. It's in the territories and it's damn cold up there.

Please, Canada is a modern society. You're making it sound like we're third world!

Hi
Please tell me that there is irony in Canada.
Mike
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikejw
Hi
Please tell me that there is irony in Canada.
Mike
Wel you start with the politicians and take it from there. Just like in the U.K.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CluelessToo
I think Canada might be a cool place to move to. I haven't applied for a visa yet, but I'm saving up very hard.

Does it get cold in the winter? I've heard Canadian houses are made of wood - are they all like log cabins and are they warm? If it gets cold in winter, do they still have a footie season?

Does all of Canada have electricity?

I've done searches on the forum and I've come up with a lot of placenames I haven't heard of - one that seems to get mentioned is Iqaluit - is that anywhere near Toronto?

Thanks in advance
Is this for real or some kind of early April fool??
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

pchapman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lonsdale
lm a chinese american and considering vancouver because theres alot of chinese there. l figure itd be to my advantage because there will be others like me.
If you want a big Chinese population, Vancouver or the GTA would be your best bets. I believe that Canada has a higher per-capita Chinese population than the US, and most cities should have something to call a community.

That said, using the Chinese community as a crutch might be a mistake in the long term. That sort of thing leads to ghettoes in the end. If you get out and mingle, that's much better. Canadians in general don't care where you're from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.