SK
3.82%
YT
0.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 288. You may not vote on this poll

where are most brits moving to and why.

Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice
Default Re: where are most brits moving to and why.

We are heading to Calgary AB, as I have a job arranged there, but will be looking to stay outside the city, either Airdrie ( I grew up in Bathgate, Scotland, which is less than 10 miles from the original Airdrie!) or Cochrane.
I take it a lot of Scots settled in this area, going by some of the town names?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:03 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

It's slightly surprising to me that there are still more folks moving to BC than AB.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimmydean
Only NT not got a vote yet. Amazing given its size..

Is there anything going for it? Its been on UK TV every other night for last month !!!!!!
Why's it been on UK TV?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:38 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

I'm voting on behalf of hubby, I emigrated here from the womb.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:59 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
Why's it been on UK TV?

Esme.......Ice Road Truckers......already a cult tv programme driving from Yellowknife northwards over frozen lakes and the like
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:49 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

LaSalle or South Windsor... very hot in the summer, mild winters compared to the rest of Canada, right by the border, close to detroit airport for all those cheap getaways, bike trails, cheap property and no direct flights back to the UK

what more could somebody possibly want
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:05 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshmountie
We've checked out the language stats for New Brunswick. Yes, the further north you go there, the more French becomes the first language. However in Fredericton the majority or English speakers first. In fact only 2% speak French as their first language.

Also, here are some weather facts. Each to their own, but 1225mm in a year, that's only 200mm or 300mm off what we get in Swansea, UK! Granted you probably get it in big dumps rather than a spread, but still. As you can see, we are seeking more sun, less rain, warmer summers, less wind and less cloud. OK Fredericton has more snow, but it ticks more of the other boxes than Halifax and the snow will be drier (less slush) than that you get in Halifax. The kids will love it.

Weather Stats
Rainiest City Ranking (Canada)
Halifax 6th worst, Fredericton 18th worst
Total yearly rainfall
Halifax 1225 mm, Fredericton 885 mm
Most wet days ranking
Halifax 34th worst, Fredericton 54th worst
Snowiest City Ranking
Halifax 87th worst, Fredericton 23rd worst
Total yearly snowfall
Halifax 176 mm, Fredericton 275 mm
Hottest Summer Ranking
Halifax 88th best, Fredericton 33rd best
Coldest Winter Ranking
Halifax 81st worst, Fredericton 45th worst
Foggiest City Ranking
Halifax 2nd worst, Fredericton 28th worst
Sunniest Winter Ranking
Halifax 10th best, Fredericton 4th best
Windiest City Ranking
Halifax 27th worst, Fredericton 60th worst
Cloudiest days yearly
Halifax 13th worst, Fredericton 59th worst
Clearest skies yearly
Halifax 68th best, Fredericton 37th best

Damn fog ruined our reccie last 'summer'. One day of sunshine and that was hot. Rest was rain and thick grey fog.

I think a lot head for BC then realise how expensive housing is. Wonder where those 74% of people heading to BC will be in 5 years.But having said that, once you've experienced the landscape of Vancouver its hard to move to other cities.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manningl
no direct flights back to the UK
BA have stopped from Detroit now, but there's still good ole' NorthWest to Gatwick Or did you mean Windsor airport? hah, nothing flies out of there
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

amawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Damn fog ruined our reccie last 'summer'. One day of sunshine and that was hot. Rest was rain and thick grey fog.

I think a lot head for BC then realise how expensive housing is. Wonder where those 74% of people heading to BC will be in 5 years.But having said that, once you've experienced the landscape of Vancouver its hard to move to other cities.
fog was that in NS
Old Mar 26th 2008, 2:18 pm
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
BA have stopped from Detroit now, but there's still good ole' NorthWest to Gatwick Or did you mean Windsor airport? hah, nothing flies out of there
really??? I thought you had to go to Chicago to be able to fly to Detroit/Windsor oh well I wont let that spoil my plans just have to tell the mother in law she has to fly to Toronto and drive for 3 or 4hours

Roll on next summer when hopefully I will have all my papers