Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Whats wrong or right with the middle

Whats wrong or right with the middle

Old May 22nd 2009, 7:35 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats wrong or right with the middle

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
So you drove legless
I am ashamed I did...good thing the car didn't just die in the middle of transcanada though
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by livermanl
I am ashamed I did...good thing the car didn't just die in the middle of transcona though
edited for accuracy
Old May 23rd 2009, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

sprognut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya all,

Well I tried the American thing and found out if you dont have a min of 10,000 dollars your screwed in the states, so have taken to plan B and moved to Saskatoon SK been here since 16th March and so far I like it, the ppl are so friendly and charitable, they have surprised my with every kindness and helping hand, nothing like the UK or Europe.

Yes Saskatoon is in the middle of the flatlands but hence why the ppl are so nice and friendly, plenty to do here for the adventurer to the simple things a family need, events through the summer months and indoor events in the winter very much needed.

Cant really say much but just from what I have heard from the other Brits here and the Canadians.

Here on a long haul truck driver contract can apply for permanent residence after 6 months application can take from 8 months to 18 months price varies from the size of the family you are applying for.

Good luck to all who try.
Old May 25th 2009, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Snort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really nice

Originally Posted by sprognut
Hi ya all,

Well I tried the American thing and found out if you dont have a min of 10,000 dollars your screwed in the states, so have taken to plan B and moved to Saskatoon SK been here since 16th March and so far I like it, the ppl are so friendly and charitable, they have surprised my with every kindness and helping hand, nothing like the UK or Europe.

Yes Saskatoon is in the middle of the flatlands but hence why the ppl are so nice and friendly, plenty to do here for the adventurer to the simple things a family need, events through the summer months and indoor events in the winter very much needed.

Cant really say much but just from what I have heard from the other Brits here and the Canadians.

Here on a long haul truck driver contract can apply for permanent residence after 6 months application can take from 8 months to 18 months price varies from the size of the family you are applying for.

Good luck to all who try.
Thanks for bringing it back on topic
Old May 25th 2009, 1:00 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sprognut
The ski-ing's rubbish!
Old May 25th 2009, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
The ski-ing's rubbish!
actually cross country skiing is excellent, and they invented snow making machines in manitoba!
Old May 25th 2009, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Saskatchewan's terrible -don't come:

the people are friendly - make you feel like you have always lived here,

laid back back back lifestyle,

no traffic prolems no queues in banks or stores, can always find a parking spot,

its financially the best place to be in Canada right now and things are going to get better,

no speed cops

cheap car insurance,

we live 10 km South of the Qu'Appelle valley and four beautiful lakes,

free to walk in the countryside for miles with your pets,

called Land of Living Skies for a good reason the huge skies are awesome especially in a thunderstorm,

we have lots and lots of families have moved to our town from various parts of B.C and Alberta and said they will never go back - life here is much nicer,

I could go on and on and on and it sickens the life out of me how other people think Saskatchewan is some sort of joke, but we love it here and will never leave, in fact we were in Airdrie, Calgary and at the mountains in February and the stress we felt and the old familiar road rage creeping back in at the amount of people and traffic and speed cops in Alberta, confirmed to us we had chosen the right place.

The mountains don't pay the mortage either...lots of folk from here go over to the mountains two or three times a year and I have friends who have lived in Airdrie for two years and have never been yet to the Rockies.

If your're thinking of heading West - stop off here and see for yourself - it has a magic all of its own...I'm, truly a Prairie Girl now!
Old May 25th 2009, 3:25 am
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Saskatchewan's terrible -don't come:

the people are friendly - make you feel like you have always lived here,

laid back back back lifestyle,

no traffic prolems no queues in banks or stores, can always find a parking spot,

its financially the best place to be in Canada right now and things are going to get better,

no speed cops

cheap car insurance,

we live 10 km South of the Qu'Appelle valley and four beautiful lakes,

free to walk in the countryside for miles with your pets,

called Land of Living Skies for a good reason the huge skies are awesome especially in a thunderstorm,

we have lots and lots of families have moved to our town from various parts of B.C and Alberta and said they will never go back - life here is much nicer,

I could go on and on and on and it sickens the life out of me how other people think Saskatchewan is some sort of joke, but we love it here and will never leave, in fact we were in Airdrie, Calgary and at the mountains in February and the stress we felt and the old familiar road rage creeping back in at the amount of people and traffic and speed cops in Alberta, confirmed to us we had chosen the right place.

The mountains don't pay the mortage either...lots of folk from here go over to the mountains two or three times a year and I have friends who have lived in Airdrie for two years and have never been yet to the Rockies.

If your're thinking of heading West - stop off here and see for yourself - it has a magic all of its own...I'm, truly a Prairie Girl now!
I've been reading up on the region and can see that there is some excellent hunting. I'm curious if you have any feedback?
Old May 25th 2009, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immichaelcaine
I've been reading up on the region and can see that there is some excellent hunting. I'm curious if you have any feedback?
Yeah..hunting is a real big thing....deer, moose...gophers at the minute..the locals think I'm nuts that I feel sorry for the gopher There are lots of gun clubs and wildlife associations you can join around here.

My hubbie got himself a boat and spends all his time fishing..we have some of the best fishing here in the world!
Old May 25th 2009, 3:37 am
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

Thank you - I appreciate your feedback AlvicSK .
Old May 25th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by immichaelcaine
Thank you - I appreciate your feedback AlvicSK .
Your're welcome.
Old May 25th 2009, 5:05 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Is there 2.5 months of summer up there? Shurelyshummishtake?

Best time to see it I guess anyway
Been in June and its still has snow on the higher ground (pass between Whitehorse and Skagway)

The lakes and rivers are just above freezing, and they be taking the winter covers of the float planes

having said all that its still warmer than NWT in june, they'll have just got the icebreaker out to clear Great slave lake