Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Missing 8 year old girl, dead

Missing 8 year old girl, dead

Old May 21st 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Missing 8 year old girl, dead

Victoria Stafford's abductors have been charged in connection with her abduction and death.

Such a sad story.

http://www.hawthornevillager.com/php...ic.php?t=17063

http://www.vancouversun.com/Police+e...934/story.html

So for all you people that think Canada is some utopia and bad things never happen, they do
Old May 21st 2009, 1:17 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing 8 year old girl, dead

Very sad, but i dont think anyone actually thinks canada is devoid of all bad things all the time.

Ive been here ten plus years, and I cant think of any other similar cases in my time here... The decapitiation on the bus was pretty extraodinary too, but not the same sort of thing at all
Old May 21st 2009, 1:48 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

So for all you people that think Canada is some utopia and bad things never happen, they do

Who are 'all you people'? I don't believe there is anyone living in Canada who believes that bad things do not happen here.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Auld Yin

Who are 'all you people'? I don't believe there is anyone living in Canada who believes that bad things do not happen here.
It's not the people living in Canada that think that way.

It's the people that are looking to move there. I would say 60-70% of people looking to move have the idea that it's a safer place. Just read some of the posts and you will see what I mean.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iaink
Very sad, but i dont think anyone actually thinks canada is devoid of all bad things all the time.

Ive been here ten plus years, and I cant think of any other similar cases in my time here... The decapitiation on the bus was pretty extraodinary too, but not the same sort of thing at all
Holy crap that's not good!

Mind you saying that in my town, a body was dumped in a suitcase outside our train station and a head was found in a field. They tracked down the guy in New York. Scary stuff!!
Old May 21st 2009, 2:08 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
It's not the people living in Canada that think that way.

It's the people that are looking to move there. I would say 60-70% of people looking to move have the idea that it's a safer place. Just read some of the posts and you will see what I mean.
Thats because in most of canada it is...one swallow does not a summer make! One abduction does not make canada suddenly a place you cant raise kids without fear of bad things happening.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats because in most of canada it is...one swallow does not a summer make! One abduction does not make canada suddenly a place you cant raise kids without fear of bad things happening.
The difference is also in how people deal with it. I think Canadians will see it in perspective and not panic about keeping their kids in.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:19 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

Originally Posted by fledermaus
The difference is also in how people deal with it. I think Canadians will see it in perspective and not panic about keeping their kids in.
That could well be very true too
Old May 21st 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me a bit of the Soham murders
Old May 21st 2009, 2:24 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
It is! Calgary has just had its 13th murder of the year (I think its 13, maybe 14 but not much more) and the majority are gang related, how many have their been in London so far this year? There is crime, as there always will be, but its the violent mindless crime that is significantly less.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin

I think they mean more 'safe in the streets' as opposed to drunken chav's etc.. (generalisation there)
Old May 21st 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=iaink;7592457]Thats because in most of canada it is...one swallow does not a summer make! One abduction does not make canada suddenly a place you cant raise kids without fear of bad things happening.[/QUOTE]

No, absolutley not. I don't understand why some people think that nothing bad happens in Canada though.

Maybe it goes back to the grass is always greener......
Old May 21st 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brownstar
It is! Calgary has just had its 13th murder of the year (I think its 13, maybe 14 but not much more) and the majority are gang related, how many have their been in London so far this year? There is crime, as there always will be, but its the violent mindless crime that is significantly less.
Is that per capita? The population in London is far greater than Calgary.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:31 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely agree.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PeterF
I think they mean more 'safe in the streets' as opposed to drunken chav's etc.. (generalisation there)
Yeah thats possible. I definately didn't see any drunk teens on the streets when I was there. I did however bump into a mentally unstable man in Toronto!

That's just cities for you though I guess, you get all sorts there don't you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.